21 - Frenkie de Jong

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barcelona had not made a proper offer to Ajax or de Jong until Abidal traveled to Amsterdam last week. That's what the Dutch and French press reported :shrug:

The logical conclusion is that de Jong changed his mind the moment Barcelona met with him and told him they want to sign him.

Newcomer

Did De Jong actually say that? That is really bold if he did.

When did Barto and co. go to Amsterdam to try to convince him? Last Saturday?

If this is true then it proves that Barto and co. changed his mind, mostly because of money.
I saw a nice joke about that with Bartomeu being his dad and Abidal being his girlfriend in this quote. Haha !

Think it worked out for the better. Barca committed more to get him (best offer to player and club and assured starting place with senior players sold).
PSG didn't or couldn't offer him better so it is a pretty normal outcome. Only big drawback is we lost a lot of time chasing him for nothing and also Mbappé was pretty involved in his transfer. We have to show some ambition for the alternative.

Newcomer

I guess de Jong wasn't so dependent on feeding his family as Thiago Silva either.

PSG paid TS more than you proposed.

Different case here.

Don't know why you guys are so obsessed with PSG to make a dig even if it doesn't stand. In this case, PSG didn't offer more than you.

Givenchy

I really feel Barca was his desired destination before PSG came in but we didn't show much commitment after we lowballed Ajax and then chased Rabiot.. PSG showed alot more interest and it was only at the last minute we went in big. not sure what Barto and Abidal were doing in the mean time but atleast they sealed the deal

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
PSG paid TS more than you proposed.

Different case here.

Don't know why you guys are so obsessed with PSG to make a dig even if it doesn't stand. In this case, PSG didn't offer more than you.

I only do that when Lutece is acting like an irrational person. Also if you knew Lutece you would know he trolls a lot himself lol

Home of Barca Fans