21 - Frenkie de Jong

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He advanced the ball very well and made a real difference but defensively he's so passive too.

Needs to be starting and the club needs a DM to accompany him. He deserves much more than to be sat on the bench with busi-gavi-pedri starting.

I mean was he really passive tonight though? In general he kinda is so agree with you there, but Pique for some reason decided to break our defensive structure completely to go on his YOLO runs leaving him as the only defender behind :lol:

It doesn't exactly help that he never plays in this position so you cannot even *coach* or *train* him into doing better in the same role. Perhaps Xavi saw the light tonight though. We have nothing to lose from Frenkie starting more games at CDM. We would still beat the shit teams in Spain.

FCMessi

seems safer than biscuit.

played 30 minutes and just ran out of gas to give Inter a 1v1 with Ter Stegan. low on talent and hustle.

Pedri started and was still busting his balls at the 90th.

Porque

When the game is fast and broken (so basically a Premier League game) like when de Jong entered he excels. And with our overall group of players and lack of creativity and IQ that is probably the way we should be playing.

If his contract wasn't so bloated then most of Europe's top teams would want him. Maybe he moves in winter, he didn't want Europa League football... right?

JamDav1982

Came on and was levels above Busi and Gavi.

Xavi thinking those two are better than FDJ is an absolute joke.

FDJ is one by far the best athlete of all the midfielders as well.

There are instances there that he can read and has mobility to win ball back quikcly that Busi and and can invite players in to open up game.

Absolute joke Xavi doesnt play him and goes with a Busi/Pedri/Gabvi midfield that when started has won one of last 5 european game... V Plezn.

Never learns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88WcsVjm6Nk

Last edited:

Kul_z

Came on and was levels above Busi and Gavi.

Xavi thinking those two are better than FDJ is an absolute joke.

FDJ is one by far the best athlete of all the midfielders as well.

There are instances there that he can read and has mobility to win ball back quikcly that Busi and and can invite players in to open up game.

Absolute joke Xavi doesnt play him and goes with a Busi/Pedri/Gabvi midfield that when started has won one of last 5 european game... V Plezn.

Never learns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88WcsVjm6Nk

Most importantly, guys who support madrid was left in awe of how instantly and with so much power and authority fdj played. But no, lets accomodate ancient one for one last time, lets build mf around him. Our go to mf should be fdj pedri and kessie. End of story.

ajnotkeith

Problem is exasperated by the fact Gavi Pedri and Busquets are all slow and weak, with Gavi the only sort of athletic player there (who gets bullied himself a lot against physical players).

That's a recipe for disaster in transitions especially considering Busquets doesn't even defend counter attacks for the most part and prefers to press the opposing center back.

Birdy

@ManagingBarca
?
21h
����| Frenkie De Jong is very angry as he isn't starting matches & if things don't change, he may consider a departure from FC Barcelona.
@sport

Flashback to the summer, when I said the only way he accepts to get transferred is if he sees his role diminished.
Thankfully that is happening, and come summer or even January we will get rid of his wages too

feggydinho

@ManagingBarca
?
21h
����| Frenkie De Jong is very angry as he isn't starting matches & if things don't change, he may consider a departure from FC Barcelona.
@sport

Flashback to the summer, when I said the only way he accepts to get transferred is if he sees his role diminished.
Thankfully that is happening, and come summer or even January we will get rid of his wages too

Or maybe he's ready to leave now cause he sees us playing Europa with the same Man Utd that were all over him

Givenchy

He should of joined Chelsea when he had the chance.

Pretty gay of him to come out with this now when shit has hit the fan, he should of been angry the moment Xavi benched him for the aggressive school boy and the fossil.

Birdy

He should of joined Chelsea when he had the chance.

Pretty gay of him to come out with this now when shit has hit the fan, he should of been angry the moment Xavi benched him for the aggressive school boy and the fossil.

Rumors that Bohley is about to spend as much as 350-400 m in January and next summer.
I am sure Chelsea will be in for him again.

Our goal is to have him convinced that he has no role here, and accept the transfer once January comes

And it seems that the way to tell him he has no role here is to NOT play him in big games, and only rotate Busi with him in LL easy games.
Evidence from his recent interview that he counts how much he plays in BIG games:

@TheEuropeanLad
?
1h
Frenkie: "I knew that I would play less minutes at the start of the season. I have to make sure that I start again. Against Bayern Munich I didn't start. I need to make sure I will start the game against Real Madrid."

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Thing is, what is causing more harm to the club? Him or the mummy? We have a reanimated corpse with even higher wages playing instead of him...

Home of Barca Fans