21 - Frenkie de Jong

serghei

Holy shit this thread?a lot of absurdity to digest in one morning :lol:

So many have fallen for the typical BBZ bait post. Lets stop with the revisionist history to fit a narrative for a minute and take this step by step here:

First off, I swear we are like the ONLY fanbase that gets THIS toxic over our players. Not even the PL fuckboys go after their flops like this and while this happens more on Twitter than here specifically, this weird factionalism that takes place where you shit on your own players just because you prefer another player in the squad is just ridiculous and I feel like this is an extension of that mentality. I think that coupled with some unrealistic expectations and a blindness to how a club handles a transfer plays a vital role in its success/failure is the only way I can explain it rationally.

Its a bit like if you are a farmer in the Sahara and you just bought this prized young pony but you dont feed it, you dont water or give it shelter from the sun. Then, you get mad at it 6 weeks later when it hasnt grown at all and you put it down. I genuinely wonder how anyone would expect Frenkie to improve here considering the absolute state of this club since he has arrived.

If you are struggling the analogy, all of this is reminding me a lot of Cesc Fabregas. We are making the same mistake with Frenkie that we did with Cesc: forcing him to play out of position because a veteran is already in his position and then shitting on him when he cant figure it out with little to no guidance. All of this while failing to recognize that they were doing very well considering what we were asking from them. At least with Cesc, he actually got 5-10 games a season not having to play as a false 9 and actually play in the midfield while Frenkie has maybe had like a game?! playing as the pivot for like the entirety of his career here. Its a joke honestly when you really think on it.

BBZ asked if there was 2-3 big matches he played well in and we are just going to blatantly ignore the fact that he was probably our 2nd best player overall last season and was popping up with goals and assists in the interior role, just as people were demanding. This bashing also just ignores how amazing he looked in the Libero role when Pique was injured last season which, guess what? Was the closest he has been to ACTUALLY PLAYING THE POSITION HE IS SUITED FOR.

We also need to remember and be grateful for the fact that he choose us and isnt trying to slither off like Dembele for example, despite the fact that he literally had the world as his feet at Ajax, could have gone anywhere and turned down the chance to play at P$G where he would be at the heart of a fucking FIFA career mode team right now.

Get off this mans throat. We are in a terrible moment right now and apparently because he was expensive, since he isnt pulling off bicycle goals every game like Rivaldo and single-handedly banging in goals, assists while somehow dictating and controlling the tempo of the game, hes a flop all of the sudden? Like come on with this reactionary bullshit.

Until we actually stop playing him and Busquets in the same XI, its a pointless exercise in evaluating his longevity here. Lastly, there seems to be this common misconception BBZ spells on a lot of people that I guess lead to people calling Ajax defensive and counter-attack heavy in Europe :lol:

Playing possession does not automatically mean slow. We play slow because we have a lot of veterans in the XI still who cannot play any faster and that is why SOME think we have to continue playing this defensive, direct drivel we play now. Like others have said, its been about a decade since we actually tried to do anything close to juego de posicion and please spare me with the whole ?but?but?generational?can only do it with Xav?? stfu, Atalanta, Ajax, Chelsea, City and Leipzig with Naigelsmann have all played virtually the same or close to the same style with plenty of success and results right now.

Why? They move the ball quickly. Go and watch any of the teams I just named, go and watch Barca under Pep and you will see the speed of which the ball is circulating and how pedestrian we look now in comparison. The speed of circulation is a core reason why Lucho gets our players playing so much better with Spain than here.

The bottom line is Frenkie is world class, and while we maybe shouldnt build the entire team solely around him, he should be a vital part of it. All of this is just the usual butthurt, reactionary blame game after we take a big L. We are broke, we have a clown running the squad and our hands are tied this season. Just stay patient with our players and please stop with all these fake narratives. Facts only please :coffee:

Well said. Tough it out and wait for a hopefully much better manager to sort out the mess.

The particularly absurd idea is how we supposedly have played our style all these years, which is a proof that it doesn't work anymore. :lol: And when you look at the best managers, what do they say?

Nagelsmann, Tuchel, Ten Hag. Pep's Barcelona is my role model. :lol:

Here, this is the guy coaching probably the best team in the world. Here is the best side in the world naming as a manager a Pep Barca-fanboy but, hell, our style is dead because Koeman can't coach shit.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...barcelona-is-my-role-model-thomas-tuchel-7289

Our style is not dead. Variations of it are actually the status quo among the best teams, much like Italian football was the bee's knees in the 90s and early 00's. Our style has at its core the main templates being shown in Europe's best teams. With extra emphasis on possession, but the other themes like high line, heavy pressing, quick passing triangles, fluid shape as opposed to rigid, static positioning, false 9 use (even Liverpool play with a false 9 in Firmino and Jota), nearly every concept that Pep Barca worked with is currently being displayed at the best teams.

But, hey, Koeman is Barca DNA. Any manager who plays Luuk De Jong and Pique in the box and spams blind crosses since min 46 doesn't have a clue what Barca style is.

Last edited:

kush

This game should put to bed any thought that FDJ is overrated etc. Without him this team is mid table level.

BBZ8800

For example:

Mats = would Bayern, City, Real, Liverpool take him? No
Pique = finished
Eric = is he a player for top teams? No
Araujo = hard to tell
Roberto as a RB = midtable level
Dest = midtable
Alba = finished
Umtiti = finished due to injuries
Busi = finished
Riki = segunda level
Gavi = too early to say
Roberto as a CM = midtable at best
Frenkie = a bad fit, a questionable world class quality
Pedri = hyped for now, time will tell on which midfield position he can play
Cou = a bad fit and questionable for majority of fans
Depay = budget Uefa cup level attacker
Braithwaite = midtable level at best
Luuk = questionable for midtable tams-level
Dembele = dumb and forever injured, bad professionalism
Griezmann while here = a bad fit
Messi while here = finished, almost retired
Yusuf = Asutrian league level
Aguero = semi retired

With each new day passing, this post looks more and more like a reality and not just my classical negativity.

Messigician

With each new day passing, this post looks more and more like a reality and not just my classical negativity.

We saw it coming.

Writing was on the wall since Valverde was happy to be sacked and had that creepy smile like he was saying now you will see what happens

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

That one is honestly spot-on. The only difference is that the young players have the potential to become top players, but they are far from it bar Ansu, Araujo and Pedri. The "finished" guys are still good enough for a La Liga top 4 finish though. Koeman is the first to blame, but players shitting the bed and not converting chances is also a big factor.

Home of Barca Fans