21 - Frenkie de Jong

JamDav1982

For the last two and a half years?

He was one of Barcas best players last season but just you reserve your praise for Mingueza, Coutinho and 'better than Messi' Braithwaite.

You got an answer for how you would like to see Barcas midfield next season yet?

Rassvet

Manchester City and Bayern Munich are both interested in trying to sign Barcelona's 24-year-old Netherlands midfielder Frenkie de Jong. (Calciomercato - in Italian)

The two best teams in europe want him but forum de amigos says he's not good enough

Andresito

Staff member
Why would an Italian like Fabrizio Romano be the number one source of transfer rumours?

There are always exceptions.

Calciomercato have rumoured about every player to every club, so this is nothing new. Heavily unreliable and rarely even a first hand source.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Put him at bayern, city, liverpool or psg and see how he will develop to the best midfield player in the world. He is tired to play next to crap players all the time.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Holy shit this thread…a lot of absurdity to digest in one morning :lol:

So many have fallen for the typical BBZ bait post. Lets stop with the revisionist history to fit a narrative for a minute and take this step by step here:

First off, I swear we are like the ONLY fanbase that gets THIS toxic over our players. Not even the PL fuckboys go after their flops like this and while this happens more on Twitter than here specifically, this weird factionalism that takes place where you shit on your own players just because you prefer another player in the squad is just ridiculous and I feel like this is an extension of that mentality. I think that coupled with some unrealistic expectations and a blindness to how a club handles a transfer plays a vital role in its success/failure is the only way I can explain it rationally.

Its a bit like if you are a farmer in the Sahara and you just bought this prized young pony but you dont feed it, you dont water or give it shelter from the sun. Then, you get mad at it 6 weeks later when it hasnt grown at all and you put it down. I genuinely wonder how anyone would expect Frenkie to improve here considering the absolute state of this club since he has arrived.

If you are struggling the analogy, all of this is reminding me a lot of Cesc Fabregas. We are making the same mistake with Frenkie that we did with Cesc: forcing him to play out of position because a veteran is already in his position and then shitting on him when he cant figure it out with little to no guidance. All of this while failing to recognize that they were doing very well considering what we were asking from them. At least with Cesc, he actually got 5-10 games a season not having to play as a false 9 and actually play in the midfield while Frenkie has maybe had like a game?! playing as the pivot for like the entirety of his career here. Its a joke honestly when you really think on it.

BBZ asked if there was 2-3 big matches he played well in and we are just going to blatantly ignore the fact that he was probably our 2nd best player overall last season and was popping up with goals and assists in the interior role, just as people were demanding. This bashing also just ignores how amazing he looked in the Libero role when Pique was injured last season which, guess what? Was the closest he has been to ACTUALLY PLAYING THE POSITION HE IS SUITED FOR.

We also need to remember and be grateful for the fact that he choose us and isnt trying to slither off like Dembele for example, despite the fact that he literally had the world as his feet at Ajax, could have gone anywhere and turned down the chance to play at P$G where he would be at the heart of a fucking FIFA career mode team right now.

Get off this mans throat. We are in a terrible moment right now and apparently because he was expensive, since he isnt pulling off bicycle goals every game like Rivaldo and single-handedly banging in goals, assists while somehow dictating and controlling the tempo of the game, hes a flop all of the sudden? Like come on with this reactionary bullshit.

Until we actually stop playing him and Busquets in the same XI, its a pointless exercise in evaluating his longevity here. Lastly, there seems to be this common misconception BBZ spells on a lot of people that I guess lead to people calling Ajax defensive and counter-attack heavy in Europe :lol:

Playing possession does not automatically mean slow. We play slow because we have a lot of veterans in the XI still who cannot play any faster and that is why SOME think we have to continue playing this defensive, direct drivel we play now. Like others have said, its been about a decade since we actually tried to do anything close to juego de posicion and please spare me with the whole ‘but…but…generational…can only do it with Xav…’ stfu, Atalanta, Ajax, Chelsea, City and Leipzig with Naigelsmann have all played virtually the same or close to the same style with plenty of success and results right now.

Why? They move the ball quickly. Go and watch any of the teams I just named, go and watch Barca under Pep and you will see the speed of which the ball is circulating and how pedestrian we look now in comparison. The speed of circulation is a core reason why Lucho gets our players playing so much better with Spain than here.

The bottom line is Frenkie is world class, and while we maybe shouldnt build the entire team solely around him, he should be a vital part of it. All of this is just the usual butthurt, reactionary blame game after we take a big L. We are broke, we have a clown running the squad and our hands are tied this season. Just stay patient with our players and please stop with all these fake narratives. Facts only please :coffee:

Rory

Holy shit this thread…a lot of absurdity to digest in one morning :lol:

So many have fallen for the typical BBZ bait post. Lets stop with the revisionist history to fit a narrative for a minute and take this step by step here:

First off, I swear we are like the ONLY fanbase that gets THIS toxic over our players. Not even the PL fuckboys go after their flops like this and while this happens more on Twitter than here specifically, this weird factionalism that takes place where you shit on your own players just because you prefer another player in the squad is just ridiculous and I feel like this is an extension of that mentality. I think that coupled with some unrealistic expectations and a blindness to how a club handles a transfer plays a vital role in its success/failure is the only way I can explain it rationally.

Its a bit like if you are a farmer in the Sahara and you just bought this prized young pony but you dont feed it, you dont water or give it shelter from the sun. Then, you get mad at it 6 weeks later when it hasnt grown at all and you put it down. I genuinely wonder how anyone would expect Frenkie to improve here considering the absolute state of this club since he has arrived.

If you are struggling the analogy, all of this is reminding me a lot of Cesc Fabregas. We are making the same mistake with Frenkie that we did with Cesc: forcing him to play out of position because a veteran is already in his position and then shitting on him when he cant figure it out with little to no guidance. All of this while failing to recognize that they were doing very well considering what we were asking from them. At least with Cesc, he actually got 5-10 games a season not having to play as a false 9 and actually play in the midfield while Frenkie has maybe had like a game?! playing as the pivot for like the entirety of his career here. Its a joke honestly when you really think on it.

BBZ asked if there was 2-3 big matches he played well in and we are just going to blatantly ignore the fact that he was probably our 2nd best player overall last season and was popping up with goals and assists in the interior role, just as people were demanding. This bashing also just ignores how amazing he looked in the Libero role when Pique was injured last season which, guess what? Was the closest he has been to ACTUALLY PLAYING THE POSITION HE IS SUITED FOR.

We also need to remember and be grateful for the fact that he choose us and isnt trying to slither off like Dembele for example, despite the fact that he literally had the world as his feet at Ajax, could have gone anywhere and turned down the chance to play at P$G where he would be at the heart of a fucking FIFA career mode team right now.

Get off this mans throat. We are in a terrible moment right now and apparently because he was expensive, since he isnt pulling off bicycle goals every game like Rivaldo and single-handedly banging in goals, assists while somehow dictating and controlling the tempo of the game, hes a flop all of the sudden? Like come on with this reactionary bullshit.

Until we actually stop playing him and Busquets in the same XI, its a pointless exercise in evaluating his longevity here. Lastly, there seems to be this common misconception BBZ spells on a lot of people that I guess lead to people calling Ajax defensive and counter-attack heavy in Europe :lol:

Playing possession does not automatically mean slow. We play slow because we have a lot of veterans in the XI still who cannot play any faster and that is why SOME think we have to continue playing this defensive, direct drivel we play now. Like others have said, its been about a decade since we actually tried to do anything close to juego de posicion and please spare me with the whole ‘but…but…generational…can only do it with Xav…’ stfu, Atalanta, Ajax, Chelsea, City and Leipzig with Naigelsmann have all played virtually the same or close to the same style with plenty of success and results right now.

Why? They move the ball quickly. Go and watch any of the teams I just named, go and watch Barca under Pep and you will see the speed of which the ball is circulating and how pedestrian we look now in comparison. The speed of circulation is a core reason why Lucho gets our players playing so much better with Spain than here.

The bottom line is Frenkie is world class, and while we maybe shouldnt build the entire team solely around him, he should be a vital part of it. All of this is just the usual butthurt, reactionary blame game after we take a big L. We are broke, we have a clown running the squad and our hands are tied this season. Just stay patient with our players and please stop with all these fake narratives. Facts only please :coffee:

Plenty of people have said he has potential to be great but we play him in the wrong position and system. Plenty of people have also said he doesn't work with Busquets and that Busquets needs to be moved on now. People aren't reacting to bbz bait, we're reacting to an underperforming player who we know could be great. It's more signs we have no sporting vision and can't make any good sporting decisions. Your post reads as if you think everyone else is dumb and can't understand all of these things and yet completely ignores all of the people that have made these points. Clearly haven't actually read the thread have you.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Plenty of people have said he has potential to be great but we play him in the wrong position and system. Plenty of people have also said he doesn't work with Busquets and that Busquets needs to be moved on now. People aren't reacting to bbz bait, we're reacting to an underperforming player who we know could be great. It's more signs we have no sporting vision and can't make any good sporting decisions. Your post reads as if you think everyone else is dumb and can't understand all of these things and yet completely ignores all of the people that have made these points. Clearly haven't actually read the thread have you.

Yeah man, you are one of the few people on here in the last few pages that is actually rationale about this and spitting facts. Not coming at you at all and my post wasnt really intended to be exclusionary or ignore those who are saying similar things.

However, the narrative in the media, on Twitter and the general tone with him on here in the last few pages has been fairly anti-Frenkie. Thats what I am responding to and largely BBZs usual nonsense.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Yeah man, you are one of the few people on here in the last few pages that is actually rationally about this and spitting facts. Not coming at you at all and my post wasnt really intended to be exclusionary or ignore those who are saying similar things.

However, the narrative in the media, on Twitter and the general tone with him on here in the last few pages has been fairly anti-Frenkie. Thats what I am responding to and largely BBZs usual nonsense.

In case you need an example, first thing I see when I open Twitter:

41083598-C3FD-44BF-8100-65E8C82FFEEC.jpg

Home of Barca Fans