21 - Frenkie de Jong

fergus90

De Jong will excel at Barca, especially when he gets to know the team and trains every day. The talent is definitely there.

Riordon

Also I think he lacks heart. You look at 34 year old Modric and he is running all game long. Both Arthur and De Jong can’t do that.

And Modric does that every 3 days

George_Costanza

Also I think he lacks heart. You look at 34 year old Modric and he is running all game long. Both Arthur and De Jong can’t do that.

And Modric does that every 3 days

V9y3EcE.gif

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Some of you are really pathetic.

His performance today was very good. If you expect him to be so gung-ho freshly after recovering from injury and carrying the ball against fucking Real Madrid without having to worry about containing and countering Real’s offense should he lose the ball then sorry De Jong is not for you, go follow someone else who can do that.

mc_lovin

Can be but he gets tired around the 70min and runs after that. Modric is sprinting all game up and down the pitch

Well, his stamina hopefully improves further... not long ago he looked shot after 45mins. Experience may also play a big part (learning when to run/work smarter).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Can be but he gets tired around the 70min and runs after that. Modric is sprinting all game up and down the pitch

Helps that Modric has mobile players around him and doesn't have to run all the time to receive the ball.

Meanwhile Busquets and Rakitic stand there like trees.

Sorin

Fuck sake it's like we had to chose between Arthur and Modric last year. :rolleyes:

Also Modric shouldn't even have seen the 90 minutes that day anyway because "out of breath" Arthur dragged him all over the pitch and outplayed him for almost the whole game.

Riordon

Helps that Modric has mobile players around him and doesn't have to run all the time to receive the ball.

Meanwhile Busquets and Rakitic stand there like trees.

With all respect that’s just excuses. Modric plays every 3 day and even played in the WC in December. He is 34. Arthur is 21. Also do some of you guys have statistics about distance run by our players? Doubt Arthur runs more than Raki.

I see some of the same tendencies in de Jong. What I’m sure about is that a duo of Frenkie-Arthur won’t work

Campos

What most guys seem to forget. Is that Frenkie will even play better, when he's surrounded with world class players. Especially when he's playing as an attacking midfielder (don't know what Barca is planning with him).
BTW Have you seen Kroos carrying the ball today ? Didn't even knew he was playing.

Not all DMs are the same.

I know some of you guys are panicking: Barca is paying 86 mil for a player who can't carry the ball bla bla bla lol.
But that is simply not his task in this team. People need to understand that.

Football is not only about attacking. If he would play like a CAM today. Real would have scored a few more goals.

fergus90

With all respect that’s just excuses. Modric plays every 3 day and even played in the WC in December. He is 34. Arthur is 21. Also do some of you guys have statistics about distance run by our players? Doubt Arthur runs more than Raki.

I see some of the same tendencies in de Jong. What I’m sure about is that a duo of Frenkie-Arthur won’t work

How can you say that now though, based on tonight alone? Or the Feyenoord game too? He's not even joined the club yet!! He will take time to settle that's for sure but the talent is there.

Home of Barca Fans