21 - Frenkie de Jong

Devils

According to TELEFOOT:

[tw]1084456120511614977[/tw]

Ajax and Paris are now talking. FDJ is convinced of PSG's proposal.

Barca and City are still TRYING.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Trying means what? They’d better be sincere and put forward a realistic offer instead of lowballing.

Or just move on and focus on other midfielder targets and stop wasting time.

Newcomer

According to TELEFOOT:

[tw]1084456120511614977[/tw]

Ajax and Paris are now talking. FDJ is convinced of PSG's proposal.

Barca and City are still TRYING.

Telefoot is not reliable transfer sources for PSG (or in general) unless it is from Julien Maynard.
This guy : https://twitter.com/JulienMaynard

Telefoot was one of the first to call Mbappé to PSG via an information from Julien Maynard : https://twitter.com/telefoot_TF1/status/895019730536468481

So far on his account, he is not running the de Jong story but talking about our winter bid for Gueye.

Still, i saw other guys saying Dursun (de Jong's agent) and de Jong himself should go in Paris by the 18th in Royal Monceau Palace (owned by the Qatari). Prolly to negociate.

Last edited:

Devils

Trying means what? They’d better be sincere and put forward a realistic offer instead of lowballing.

Or just move on and focus on other midfielder targets and stop wasting time.

I don't know what it means on Barca's end...all I know is that City are looking like they are going to be in huge trouble with FFP and are going to be punished, so they are likely restricted financially in terms of what they can offer. Probably wont be able to pay the transfer fee demanded by Ajax.

Newcomer

The City - FFP case is weird.

What the Football Leaks revealed and UEFA is investigating is not even about the "break-even" requisite (this is what prevents PSG from spending big).
UEFA is supposedly willing to punish City because they breached truthful reporting of their financial affairs to UEFA (requisite to get UEFA license to compete in their competition). Basically, to be able to comply with break-even rule, they lied about from where the money is really coming. In PSG case, we know from where it is coming but it is inflated, so they need to devaluate.
So, in fact, it shouldn't be a matter of "can they spend that much ?" but "can they be allowed to play in the UCL ?" => ergo a ban.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Nowadays, its how much commission the club is willing to give the agent will get you the deal.

I argued with someone here in the summer about FDJ's agent being the one who will push for the highest bidder NOT necessarily the best option for the player. He was convinced the agent is FDJ's family friend and knew FDJ since he was a kid. Will do what is best for the player. I say it's bull shit, even Neymar's SR. sold his son. Was it a good career move for Neymar? Of course not!

Joan

Depends on what players want out of their careers. Wanting money first is legit.

Edit: actually, PSG might seem as a better option for a player. He'll be guaranteed a starting spot (in the beginning, at least), possibly higher salary.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Depends on what players want out of their careers. Wanting money first is legit.

Edit: actually, PSG might seem as a better option for a player. He'll be guaranteed a starting spot (in the beginning, at least), possibly higher salary.

I'd say your values are bit messed up if you just think about money. It's about his career and so on. He will end up making so much money, that he will never have to think about it again.( No matter which deal)

Ajax

Fdj's agent is a 'nobody' who scouted him when he was young. I am quite surprised he hasnt been dropped in favor of a Raiola kinda crook. FDJ and his family must really trust this guy. I believe his background is very stable so his parents may not be a negative factor for their sons decision.

cro-man

So psg already put their agent mbappe on him and that since he played well against france:lol: I guess his agent his family and his girlfriend are also for psg. At the end whats left is a little dream to play here and thats doesnt weigh much. Wouldnt be surprised even if we match their offer he would choose them. He would be a starer also there. Psg is putting more effort on this and using most likely his sorrounding which will work most likely. A interesting job for his girlfriend more money for his agent and his family who knows what they do offer.

I mean he is a barca fan boy so psg must be firing from every angle to convince him to choose them over us.

Home of Barca Fans