2014 World Cup General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepe Silvia

World Cup Network Match Coverage in USA
All 64 matches of the World Cup will be broadcast live and in high definition on ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 in English, and on Univision broadcast and cable networks in Spanish. The breakdown: ESPN will air 43 matches; ESPN2 will air 11 and ABC will air 10 matches including the World Cup final on July 13 from Rio de Janeiro's Estádio do Maracanã.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mo...d-cup-espn-soccer-fox-sports-1/#ixzz33h7zODlA
Basic Cable wins!

Take that Bein Sport... chalk one up for the people!

Beast

The Observer
Call me an idiot and i never did that before or imagined to be saying it but i do believe England will be the biggest surprise of the tournament a top 4 finish ...

BerkeleyBernie

Call me an idiot and i never did that before or imagined to be saying it but i do believe England will be the biggest surprise of the tournament a top 4 finish ...

I'm no fan, but I think they do have some good talents and a shot at getting out of the group, as well as the second round. If they win the group, they play the runner-up in Group C, one of the weakest groups. If they take 2nd in the group, they play the winner of Group C. So their most likely opponents would be Columbia or Japan, IMO.

I don't think they get any further, though, as they run into Brazil or Spain. They might be a longshot to stifle Brazil, but I think Spain handles them easily.

Their best shot:
Group- 2nd in Group D
2nd Rnd- Beat Columbia/Japan
QFs- Beat Brazil

At which point they are likely to face Germany in the SF.

Beast

The Observer
I believe the long season will affect Spain , i don't see Spain doing good at all... CL final for Real & Atletico , demoralizing long season & heartbreak for Barcelona
Even the Spaniards in England apart from Azpil. had a terrible season
Even the Germans ended the year with a lack of form
Brazil will be under immense pressure from the fans , winning it at home will be not a competition but an obligatory requirement a duty ... the shadow of the 1950 WC heartbreak will be on their shoulders .. it destroyed players career & haunted them forever
The most relaxed & organized will win this... England are underdogs , young squad & i believe they are due a rise in the international football scene

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I believe the long season will affect Spain , i don't see Spain doing good at all... CL final for Real & Atletico , demoralizing long season & heartbreak for Barcelona
Even the Spaniards in England apart from Azpil. had a terrible season
Even the Germans ended the year with a lack of form
Brazil will be under immense pressure from the fans , winning it at home will be not a competition but an obligatory requirement a duty ... the shadow of the 1950 WC heartbreak will be on their shoulders .. it destroyed players career & haunted them forever
The most relaxed & organized will win this... England are underdogs , young squad & i believe they are due a rise in the international football scene

England will surprise a few and might make it out of the group but going by what you said, even if those teams underperform you still fancy Italy and Argentina over England.

Jadentheman

No European team has ever won on South American soil. No team as ever beaten Brasil on its home turf in decades. Determine from that we shall see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
No European team has ever won on South American soil. No team as ever beaten Brasil on its home turf in decades. Determine from that we shall see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe not it decades but Uraguay :alveshat: . I hope Argentina wins it though

L

linetty

My prediction.

Group
A. Brazil (1.) & Croatia (2.)
B. Spain & Netherlands
C. Colombia & Cote D'Ivoire
D. Italy & Uruguay
E. France & Switzerland
F. Argentina & Nigeria
G. Germany & Portugal
H. Russia & Belgium

Alik

you_sir_are_an_idiot_post_card-rb66e8cfacf26457a875eed1a4f911ede_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

Messi_Goal

The state of the pitch Brazil v Serbia is a disgrace.. If that's what there are going to be like there is going to be injury's and poor games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans