20 - Sergi Roberto

Windhook

Most of the things he said are not worthy of a captain wannabe.

"My salary is like a debutant, but I'm proud of the cut I took"
"Messi didn't text me back"
"I'm ready to be first team captain"

KingLeo10

Sergi Roberto: ?I congratulated Messi, but he has not responded to me yet.?

Thanks Goat.

Messi knows who the bums are who ruined his 18/19 effort. Like with Argentina this WC, he gave it all he had that particular season, and the usual suspects completely let him down.

Porque

I wonder if he is still earning the same high wage, but it is structured that it is part the reduced wage, and part the deferral amount topped up.

Windhook

Getting injured 2-3 times a season since he started to play for the first team.

No idea why he was part of the 4 captains. He shows no leadership qualities, barely plays and when does it's usually very problematic.

Porque

Yeah. Don't believe for a second he would accept to earn a debutants salary.

Yeah, I mean he is within his rights to earn what is owed- even if he is paid over the market rate of a similar level talent. That gaff is on the board and not the player.

But him reducing his wage is to the benefit of himself firstly and the club secondly. Either with it being higher than he could get anywhere else, and/or it being a structures scheme to get the deferral worked in.

Either way it sucks that we just can't have the money to just pay what he is owed and have that amortized into the previous wages which should have been paid, but we're not.

Leaving the club fresh cap to use now working off of a live salary capital system.

Windhook

He reduced his salary from 10-12m to 4-5m.

It's a huge cut but depends on how the club values him. That 2017 contract was insane even back then. 12m for a goal against PSG...

Horatio

You're welcome
Yeah, I mean he is within his rights to earn what is owed- even if he is paid over the market rate of a similar level talent. That gaff is on the board and not the player.

Yes. My issue is more with how player try to make themselves look like martyrs when giving interviews. Should just be straight up honest about it.

MTL_Barca

For fucks sake we can't seriously renew all the bums. What is wrong with this club? Always the same, no matter who's in charge

Home of Barca Fans