20 - Sergi Roberto

delancey

He?s a squad player, and a good one at that, but his salary does not reflect his status at the club. If he doesn?t want to renew on lower wages, I say let him go on a free or sell him in the winter period if possible.

Andresito

Staff member
Roberto will extend his contract until 2024 and reduce his salary by 35%. This will affect the fixed salary and the variables that are easy to meet. @CatalunyaRadio

FinBarcelonafan

Roberto will extend his contract until 2024 and reduce his salary by 35%. This will affect the fixed salary and the variables that are easy to meet. @CatalunyaRadio

Shit deal. His salary should be reduced way more. He is not a starter. Career on decline. Another bad contract imo.

Sorin

His agent needs a raise. That isn't a good contract for us by any means. Should've been 50% or whatever is legal since apparently you can't go beyond 50% on wage renewal which always sounded fishy tbh but whatever.

Dude was getting 180k a week iirc. Now he gets about 120k a week if the reports are true. How the hell is Bob anywhere close to that level of money? Poor job by the board.

Messigician

His agent needs a raise. That isn't a good contract for us by any means. Should've been 50% or whatever is legal since apparently you can't go beyond 50% on wage renewal which always sounded fishy tbh but whatever.

Dude was getting 180k a week iirc. Now he gets about 120k a week if the reports are true. How the hell is Bob anywhere close to that level of money? Poor job by the board.

He was on 200k a week.

mc_lovin

130K/week is pretty much the default now for good squad players, no? I don't think it's a crazy number for him. But then again I don't hate him too much and think he adds value. It creates a good wage structure as well.

Messi983

I think part of his wages will also be moved to the last season (2023/24) as we did with other captains but we'll try to sell him before. At least that's what I believe the plan is, we'll see if it will work out though.

But from my POV I'd prefer him to stay on current wages and leave next year.

mc_lovin

I think part of his wages will also be moved to the last season (2023/24) as we did with other captains but we'll try to sell him before. At least that's what I believe the plan is, we'll see if it will work out though.

But from my POV I'd prefer him to stay on current wages and leave next year.

Not sure if you think we can avoid paying the deferred wages by selling players sooner.. we can't.

Messi983

I know we'll have to pay deferred wages for this season but if we for example manage to sell him next year we won't need to pay for the last two seasons. That said, I've not seen any news about part of his wages being deferred (and it was reported so in previous cases with Pique&Co. who were all still on longer term contracts and they didn't actually extend their contracts) so that's just my guess.

Either way, we would save money this season (lower wages) and then I think the club would hope to get some fee instead of letting him go for free either in 2022 or 2023. He would be easier to offload on lower wages and if available for 5-10m I think there would still be clubs interested in him if Barca would make it clear they don't count on him. It's questionable if they'd really do that to a homegrown Catalan choirboy though so that's why I'd prefer to just let his contract run out instead of risking having him here for two more years. I don't see him as as big problem as our other captains (who are still considered as starters) though so if he'd accept being a squad player (4th or better 5th CM and 3rd string RB) I'm not against keeping him. As long as he'll stay fit he can still be useful in this role but he should never be unquestionable starter again.

Home of Barca Fans