20 - Sergi Roberto

Bobo32

Where would he even go? I'm not going to say he's completely useless but he's about round of 16 exit from europa league level.

He's CL winning level, and La Liga winning level. Over four seasons of liga wins, he played over 6500mins.
The names that are listed as his replacement has MUCH to prove in order to show usefulness for a winning team.
It's not about making assists in Lyon or having a high score in FIFA or whatever.

The Barcelona players that are now seen as pure trash and on their way out were often much higher rated when they came, than the ones you people now want in to replace them.
You are in a constant circle of seeing the grass greener on the other side, neglecting what you have.

Porque

I can see him at PSG. He is a decent possession based RB who can also fill in at DMC.

We don't really need to sell him this summer unless the salary cap is a burden for new signings.

A Roberto with his contract running out will probably try and perform as good as he can for a renewal or to interest another club.

Whatever the case his offers next Summer won't be higher than what he is earning this year. Just like Messi and Ronaldo.

Birdy

It is already said we count on Fati as new starting 9.
I think we will focus on midfield and defense most likely

It's a mistake to play FAti as a 9 for many reasons.
Most importantly you lose what he offers coming from the LW position, how he creates breaks in the opposition defensive block, and of course his shooting from those positions.

If this team gets the right squad, the front 4 positions should be a FW like Haaland, Messi as AM, and 2 wingers with dribbling ability like FAti and Dembele

iniestaGOAT

Watch us release him for basically free as we did with Suarez and Rakitic. We're the club that keeps on giving.

our selling has been pretty bad but thats also due to the wages that were given. Once that is fixed (hopefully laporta does that) things will get better.

The semedo sale is the only time recently i feel like we got something for our assets.

Rory

He's CL winning level, and La Liga winning level. Over four seasons of liga wins, he played over 6500mins.
The names that are listed as his replacement has MUCH to prove in order to show usefulness for a winning team.
It's not about making assists in Lyon or having a high score in FIFA or whatever.

The Barcelona players that are now seen as pure trash and on their way out were often much higher rated when they came, than the ones you people now want in to replace them.
You are in a constant circle of seeing the grass greener on the other side, neglecting what you have.

Which champions league final has Roberto played in and won?

You neglect to look at the whole picture. Roberto is given too much importance and he's also on huge wages. That's why he needs to go. I don't play fifa. Scoring for Lyon I'm guessing you're referring to Depay. He's a good enough squad player as shown over the last 2 seasons. He's free and willing to accept reasonable wages. You're looking at Depay from a narrow minded angle of "he's not good enough to start for barca" I don't think anyone claimed he was. Just that he's 1) Likely more useful than Braithwaite 2) FREE.

Not sure which players you're referring too as pure trash etc. What's your opinion on Rakitic? Don't think I've seen your take on him yet.

Bobo32

Which champions league final has Roberto played in and won?

You neglect to look at the whole picture. Roberto is given too much importance and he's also on huge wages. That's why he needs to go. I don't play fifa. Scoring for Lyon I'm guessing you're referring to Depay. He's a good enough squad player as shown over the last 2 seasons. He's free and willing to accept reasonable wages. You're looking at Depay from a narrow minded angle of "he's not good enough to start for barca" I don't think anyone claimed he was. Just that he's 1) Likely more useful than Braithwaite 2) FREE.

Not sure which players you're referring too as pure trash etc. What's your opinion on Rakitic? Don't think I've seen your take on him yet.

Maybe Roberto didn't play that much that particular year, I don't remember.

The whole picture is that Roberto has shown that he is a good enough squad player by playing over 2000 minutes in a La Liga winning Barcelona three times. He has the DNA.
Depay was sold from United after having scored 5 times in 2 years, then he went to Lyon but have yet to reach a top.2 position in their league. He doesn't play a "squad player" kind of role there.
Do you have insight into the wages and if so, what will Depays be in comparison to Robertos? Or to Braithwaites for that matter, he's "free" now as well. Even more free as he's already on a contract and don't need any sign on fee etc.
I am pretty sure that Koeman wants Depay because he wants him on the pitch. What the next manager would do I have no clue.

Rakitic is a good player and was a good fit in the short run but it was wrong to buy him. He played well enough though, I have nothing against him, but was against him coming from the start. One of the first transfers that lead down the path Barcelona took.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Point is squad players shouldn't be on 170k and that's why he has to go, especially considerimg our financial situation. If you're too obtuse to see that no one can help you.

khaled_a_d

Point is squad players shouldn't be on 170k and that's why he has to go, especially considerimg our financial situation. If you're too obtuse to see that no one can help you.

Honestly, I highly doubt that this number is true.
Media has been wrong about players salary before, it is very private and few within the club has access to it.

Bobo32

I'm sorry I didn't see his contract (or the clubs finances).
But I watch the games. If he needs to go because of money I'm sure there are two players earning no less than 85k that can rather go.
What does Braithwaite earn and what would the free Depay earn?

edit: another obtuse poster above ^
edit2: this poster below is clearly not obtuse though and does follow the discussion he comments on

Last edited:

Richard.H

Don’t you dare call khaled obtuse. Your takes are sometimes as bad as Messigicians, but we all know one is taking the piss while the other might legit believe his own BS

BADGERBHOY

I'm sorry I didn't see his contract (or the clubs finances).
But I watch the games. If he needs to go because of money I'm sure there are two players earning no less than 85k that can rather go.
What does Braithwaite earn and what would the free Depay earn?

edit: another obtuse poster above ^
edit2: this poster below is clearly not obtuse though and does follow the discussion he comments on

Given how stupid the old board were with contracts, and the fact that Chelsea were rumoured to be willing to pay his buyout of 40m at the time, I dont think its far fetched he's on what is rumoured (200k, 170k a week, whatever).

We could sell him and get a much better player with his wage and fee.

He simply isnt value for money

xxxxxx

He'll be here next season unless some dumb team puts in a 30m offer for him.

As with Dembele, I think teams will wait it out and try and get them for free.

Home of Barca Fans