2 - João Cancelo

xXKonan

Surprisingly no denial article from MD.

they have their own article talking about Srna for January and Cancelo for the summer.

serghei

He is certainly an upgrade in attack. Defensively is another matter, but players like Alves who are defenders, playmakers and attackers all in one are super rare.

It's not like Roberto is very good in defence either. He is very patchy there and can certainly be a liability. It's not by accident that good teams insist on his flank, rather than Alba's.

But if we look at other teams' RBs, they are not that special either.

Last edited:

gasgas

I would have agreed had his RW been good defensively but no he has Messi ahead of him. He needs to be defensively solid

xXKonan

Cancelo has talent but he's rough on the defensive side.

If we are looking at young Portuguese RB's I would've gone with Benfica's Nelson Semedo, over Cancelo tbh.

God Serena

Hopefully Lucho leaves at the end of the season and our new manager at least fucking tries to see if Palencia could be a good alternative to wasting another 30m on a potentially trash signing.

xXKonan

Seems like a weakness in our decision making in the transfer market than anything shady on our part.

I think our ability to scout players isn't the real issue but our problems seem to be whether we should get creative or play it safe and get young experienced players within La Liga or go for Arsenal players :)P).

Robert likes Cancelo a lot and we actually have been following him even before Robert got into office. However this deal feels like Robert wanting to play it safe and instead of getting creative with some other RB talents outside the league.

We have been linked with players like Fabinho,Sidibé,Almamy Touré,Nélson Semedo,Cedric Soares,Bellerin,Aurier etc. While Bellerin and Aurier are obviously not attainable the others feel like good creative options outside La Liga that could be attainable for around the price of Cancelo or possibly even cheaper. (Fabinho would be a bit pricey I reckon but still worth it for his Versatility.)

I actually don't think Cancelo is a bad option but for his price you could probably find a better RB around his age out there. Well this is just rumors anyway theirs a chance Cancelo isn't even our number 1 RB target and Robert has something else up his sleeve.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Has this transfer story been confirmed by some reliable source or is it just another bullshit?

No,and with Roberto right now their is no reliable source. Media has proven to be clueless about our transfer plans last year. But it is boring times in football and we have to discuss something and curse someone

Home of Barca Fans