15 - Andreas Christensen

BusiTheKing

A tendinitis (tendinopathy is the correct name) is a shit injury to have tbf and actually explains a lot if it is what keeps him out.
It is essentially a degenerative injury that in some cases never goes away, and you just alter your life for it. I would imagine that achillis tendinitis is one it's worst types.
True. I've had this for years and it's a pain in the arse to get rid of. You can sort of play with the pain but it just gets worse and worse. You take a long rest, slowly rehab, and then as soon as you're feeling back to your old ability, the pain appears again. At first just a slight soreness but then it builds and builds. Repeat the cycle until you've had enough and quit footy + running altogether.

Nello

A tendinitis (tendinopathy is the correct name) is a shit injury to have tbf and actually explains a lot if it is what keeps him out.
It is essentially a degenerative injury that in some cases never goes away, and you just alter your life for it. I would imagine that achillis tendinitis is one it's worst types.
Exactly. Tendinitis is an acute injury to the tendon with inflammation, typically due to a strain or overuse. Tendinopathies is more chronic, and a permanent alteration of the tendon structure. Load management along with slow, heavy resistance training to build new strong tissue is crucial, and the current best treatment.

So it makes sense that he's subbed of early often to avoid worsening it. We should just be happy that he chose to not go with the national team. Gives him a small window to calm shit down and maybe strengthen it if possible.

Nello

True. I've had this for years and it's a pain in the arse to get rid of. You can sort of play with the pain but it just gets worse and worse. You take a long rest, slowly rehab, and then as soon as you're feeling back to your old ability, the pain appears again. At first just a slight soreness but then it builds and builds. Repeat the cycle until you've had enough and quit footy + running altogether.
Have you tried frequent slow, heavy resistance training loading the tendon to build new tissue? Can often improve it considerably within months (I'm a physiotherapist student).

BusiTheKing

Have you tried frequent slow, heavy resistance training loading the tendon to build new tissue? Can often improve it considerably within months (I'm a physiotherapist student).
yeah i tried it but could probably have had more patience and persistence with the rehab. thanks tho, good luck with your studies! interesting field i've always thought.

jamrock

I get the feeling, that if he and gavi started, instead of de jong and pedri we wouldn't have gone down to 10 men.

He would have probably been better positioned to come across against barcola and gavi would also have started on that side, and you know that mofo would have been pressing like a mad man the moment the ball was turned over.

Messi983

It's a bit pointless to think how the game would look like with Gavi who has missed most of the season. We could have clearly used Christensen (or even Roberto) in this game though considering we were starting two midfielders just returning from injuries.

But OTOH if Gavi wouldn't be injured I don't think Xavi would ever try out AC as a DM. Nor Raphinha as a LW as we'd probably use 4-midfielders setup if/when all available.

Just a guess as always in these "what if" scenarios I don't like.

Temptation

Barcelona do not want to sell Andreas Christensen. They want to keep him as a pivot in the future too given his performances this season. Moreover, he can also play as a centre-back with full guarantees.

Via: @ffpolo [md]

JohnN

His playing in Midfield is what changed the team so much along with the introduction of Cubarsi. he is not flashy, not the fastest or more technical but he was a rock defensively and covered others. The main reason we went out is him being unavailable and playing the cursed Midfield of Pedri, Frankie, Gundo.

soul24rage

Hopefully, we keep him as he can cover both CB and play as a back up DM if needed as well.

We really do need a starter DM.

Home of Barca Fans