15 - Andreas Christensen

Andresito

Staff member
He looks like a wimp but he's not scared at all of going into aerial duels or slide tackles. I hope he and Araujo can keep building their relationship together. Kounde will find it tough to break that pairing.

giorgoXXI

Seriously, is this guy our best defender? He can defend like Araujo but then is superb at bringing the ball out from defence. Still can't believe we got him for free!

Givenchy

Our best CB tbh. Knows PL opposition well also, horrific decision not to start him last Thursday, hope Xavi sees sense this time.

CatalinR10

This guy so far is fucking insane man . Was he this good for Chelsea aswell , is this just a honeymoon ? Still can't believe we got him for free , don't know how that even happened.

gregorrin10

This guy so far is fucking insane man . Was he this good for Chelsea aswell , is this just a honeymoon ? Still can't believe we got him for free , don't know how that even happened.

Very proud to say this, in my eyes he was always underrated and especially under appreciated at Chelsea (their fans didn't even bother that much when he left on a free), where the club's philosophy never really suited him. He was on my watch list as someone I hoped would join us one day. I knew he was always gonna shine in a more attacking team, where his ball playing role really comes into play. But defending wise, he surprised even me, especially his anticipation, reading of the game and interceptions are world class and a thing of beauty. He really is one classy defender. Not only effective, but also aestethicly pleasing, his game and technique is beautiful to watch, especially for a big man.

Between him and Rudiger both on a free, when Madrid fans were laughing how they got the better player, I just laughed right back, because I always knew we were getting the better player instead, even more so because of Rudiger's inability to function in a back four.

He simply HAS TO start against United. Might just be the deciding factor whether we go through or not.

Rasmus

He was, but it was a tricky storyline, he started out perfect for Chelsea, with perfect record, then he made one mistake in one game, and was sidelined, for nearly 1/2 year as a bench player (not a big mistake) but nobody really liked him, because he needed the like "flamboyance" he was just safe... then he got back and became the regular for chelsea again, BUT end of contract, and when he did not want to renew (i am sure because of the benching) they tried to force him by keeping him out.. Played EXCELLENT for Denmark all that time, strong man with Kj?r and Vestergaard (when he played well). I find him more elegant and a team player, he does his job, in a critical role, ALL the time, and he is also good for a goal when needed.

I just think he has the same metality as another dane... Eriksen, which also gives Eriksen problems, they are EXCELLENT players, but they are not flamboyant, and "look at me" take all the shots, or make the "cool choice" they make the right choice.. and that is often not looked well upon in football.

JohnN

Back 4 should be a given at this point.
Our midfield is fucked for the return game, it is what it is.

Home of Barca Fans