14 - João Félix

MTL_Barca

Even when he was playing as CF on paper he played more like a second striker. Very talented player for sure, but not exactly a 1-1 replacement for Suarez.

Nothanks

I mean since 2010 only people to play upfront for us was Ibra (didn't workout) Messi, sometimes Sanchez/Villa and then Luis Suarez

only ibra and suarez are typical strikers so it's not like thats the only type of central forward we use.

Donatello

Even when he was playing as CF on paper he played more like a second striker. Very talented player for sure, but not exactly a 1-1 replacement for Suarez.

IMO, he doesn't has to be.

In 3-4 years we would be looking to replace GOAT, & I think Mbappe is going to end at RM, or will cost astronomical fee, better groom some youngster now, than panic buying when in dire need. Till then, use him as a 4th choice attacker(behind Messi, Suarez & Dembele).

Also, the fact that with old core gone(pep era players), we might be playing in some different way(I mean maybe the roles of front 3, as well as midfield may change).

MTL_Barca

I like the idea of playing false 9 but i don't think we'll see it again. Not with our current setup, old Messi and Valverde in charge.

This kid is someone to keep an eye on but imo not for this summer. The price is insane and we don't really have a spot for him and "4th choice" isn't something you casually pay 120M for. I also talked to a friend who supports Benfica and he said Felix form was pretty bad the last weeks, probably because the pressure of being "the next big thing" is getting to his head a bit. Even Coutinho is failing quite hard here so it's not like we can just pay a ridiculous fee, bench him for a while and then expect to become world class.

Maybe 2020 if he stays another season.

Last edited:

Messi983

How much does Felix cost now after this hattrick? 200M? :lol:

IMO, he doesn't has to be.

In 3-4 years we would be looking to replace GOAT, & I think Mbappe is going to end at RM, or will cost astronomical fee, better groom some youngster now, than panic buying when in dire need. Till then, use him as a 4th choice attacker(behind Messi, Suarez & Dembele).

Also, the fact that with old core gone(pep era players), we might be playing in some different way(I mean maybe the roles of front 3, as well as midfield may change).

There is no player who can replace Messi individually so looking for his replacement doesn't make sense. Especially if we'd have to pay 100M+ for that player. That transfer fee alone brings a lot of pressure and expectations that many players can't handle but if Felix or whichever player would be seen as a potential future Messi replacement then he's set to fail. People would always compare him to Messi just like they are comparing our midfielders with Xaviesta. Unfair to the new players but it is what it is.

If anything, I think if he stays healthy and develops as expected playing alongside Messi for a few more seasons then maybe Dembele could take over as a leader of our post-Messi team but he'll still have to mature and learn a lot.

For now our priority should be looking for Suarez's replacement and I don't see Felix as one. I like his potential and we should absolutely follow him as long as he stays in Benfica but right now I don't see him as a player we should go after. His best position is where Messi is playing and we all know he wouldn't get enough playing time to develop.

Havesaks

How much does Felix cost now after this hattrick? 200M? :lol:

There is no player who can replace Messi individually so looking for his replacement doesn't make sense. Especially if we'd have to pay 100M+ for that player. That transfer fee alone brings a lot of pressure and expectations that many players can't handle but if Felix or whichever player would be seen as a potential future Messi replacement then he's set to fail. People would always compare him to Messi just like they are comparing our midfielders with Xaviesta. Unfair to the new players but it is what it is.

If anything, I think if he stays healthy and develops as expected playing alongside Messi for a few more seasons then maybe Dembele could take over as a leader of our post-Messi team but he'll still have to mature and learn a lot.

For now our priority should be looking for Suarez's replacement and I don't see Felix as one. I like his potential and we should absolutely follow him as long as he stays in Benfica but right now I don't see him as a player we should go after. His best position is where Messi is playing and we all know he wouldn't get enough playing time to develop.

his buyout is 120, so probably not above that

vlad

He was non existent vs dinamo zagreb

Overrated kiddo

He scored 3 goals after frankfurt player got red card

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans