14 - João Félix

L3v1s

I'm not a big fan of this guy since he's almost 24 and has done nothing at all in elite football, but I guess I gotta stick with him for now. We certainly needed someone for depth atleast, since we lost so many attacking players this window.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Might also be a waste of time if turns to be a failure.

Any project is evaluated over a period of time, and if we are still a joke in the UCL this year Xavi might be on his way out.

Then all this micro-planning would have been for nothing.

Felix-Atletico contract was extended until 2026, so even if he is a success we will not be able to afford buying him by the end of the season so next season are we going to try and build something different again ?
How could it possibly be a waste of time when Ansu is not near his former self nor likely to get enough minutes to warrant a place in squad much less protect his dwindling market value

Felix on the other hand, how is it a waste of time when even currently he’s a more effective winger and creator?

The CL is precisely why this is ideal circumstances for Xavi to deliver or be replaced- he has a formidable RB that has long been coveted and danger on both flanks to support Lewy while Felix also capable of playing as an interior in that final third where we’ve consistently struggled post Messi to penetrate the low block

Your post is lacking much in the way of logic

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Like other Portuguese players before him, talent is not what he lacks. It's his mentality and ability to withstand pressure that are more questionable.
If you mean pressure in big games i can calm you, he has become an animal in pressure matches. Mentality wise i can't say much, sometimes he needs to be more on fire but i think at Barca we will see the best version of him. Siu.

JamDav1982

Its not about pressure with him it has been about not enough dig and aggression to his game to go and force himself into it.

Too relaxed and thinking ability will be enough.

Maybe this is the move that makes him wake up to having to adapt to get best from his talent as both Atleti and Chelsea thought the same of him and both cant be wrong.

serghei

True, failling at two teams already at his age is a big question mark, but there's been cases where players do get better in the right environment as long as they realize they do some things wrong and need to improve on that.

Theoretically at least, Barca do seem a better fit for a player of his style and profile.

JamDav1982

Has a knock effect for options also if he does well.

Felix becomes a good option at AM then Gavi, Pedri, Gundo can all play deeper rather than Romeu and that in turn even allows FDJ to then be roaming CB if there was injuries in defence.

Barca now how have a lot of players that can cover a lot of positions.

Very versatile squad.

Andresito

Staff member
Quick math.

Signed for 126m on a 7-year contract in 2019. His annual amortization 18m so in 2022 his unamortized value was 72m.

Then extended contract in January 2023 before going on loan to Chelsea for a further year (until 2027). Not sure if clubs calculate amortization costs only at start/end of the season or mid-season as well but I'll assume the later because a lot of business happen in winter TW too. So in January his value on the books was 63m.

His annual amortization would then be 14m (63/4,5) or 7m for that second half of the season he spent on loan at Chelsea.

Now his value is 56m and after extending his contract for further two years (until 2029) yesterday his annual amortization is a bit over 9m (in other words Atleti "saved" 5m of amortization costs this season by extending him) and value on the books will be 47m next year.

So from a financial standpoint I think they would consider any offer over 50m.
Perfect thanks, might be a reasonable sale next season for them. Not to us but maybe to PL for that price.

kattanib

Quick question, if we want to buy him later on was there an agreed fee?

Also, why does Atletico have a problem with him?

vegitot

True, failling at two teams already at his age is a big question mark, but there's been cases where players do get better in the right environment as long as they realize they do some things wrong and need to improve on that.

Theoretically at least, Barca do seem a better fit for a player of his style and profile.
On paper, yes. But the fact in 4 years since Benfica days, he has been a mediocre player and not any sign of improvement.

Of course he can revive his career with Barca but fans have reasons to doubt him.

Home of Barca Fans