14 - Javier Mascherano

xXKonan

[tw]938895793263702023[/tw]

Pretty much says if we can't find a CB to incorporate in January he will stay.

FCBfan22

Incompetent board. Mache deserves to leave, if he wants to. He did a lot for the club. Let him go and pay Jonathan Tah's release clause which is 25 million.

xXKonan

When you read his interviews he did recently like with Tyc, by the sounds of it he seems frustrated that he's not being valued enough this season. Honestly while it's expected that he would eventually get phased out with the arrival of Umtiti, you feel as he should have been playing a lot more this season as he's in much better form than Pique.

Under Lucho, he was heavily valued despite him becoming third choice as Umtiti claimed the LCB spot. but with Valverde for some reason I just don't get that feeling at all. It's like he's just there only to be a sub if Umtiti or Pique get injured or face sanctions.

Mascherano certainly deserves to go if he pleases. The man played for the shirt and he's the perfect guy young players should look up to.

M

MessiCam

My opinion on this matter is very simple. He is under contract and due to our centre back situation he is needed. Under no circumstances should he be allowed to just leave on a golden handshake for himself... If that Chinese side really want him then they should pay his release clause of 140 M and reduce his wages.

We're struggling to sign our targets because other teams play hardball. We can't be pussyfooting with this. Fuck that.

BADGERBHOY

My opinion on this matter is very simple. He is under contract and due to our centre back situation he is needed. Under no circumstances should he be allowed to just leave on a golden handshake for himself... If that Chinese side really want him then they should pay his release clause of 140 M and reduce his wages.

We're struggling to sign our targets because other teams play hardball. We can't be pussyfooting with this. Fuck that.

Exactly!

I'm sick of us giving good players away for nothing while paying up their contract.

If they want him, make us a good offer and we'll consider it.

We need to be much smarter in the transfer market.

Windhook

It was clear for some time that this was to be Masche's last season at Barcelona.

I say we cash in on his transfer now. In this state of mind, Masche is no better than any other Barcelona B defender at the moment - desire to leave, to play regular first team football, 12m p/y salary in China. He is unhappy and I understand his motives to leave, he has just few years of playing career left. But nothing could erase what he has done for FC Barcelona.

Messi983

:(

At least we'll still have him in January so there will be enough time to find his replacement and Umtiti will probably also be back by then.

Devils

Sad stuff, but we shouldn't stand in his way.

Would of been nice if he stayed around to at least lift another La Liga trophy if we go on to win it.

Even the fact that he is willing to wait until the last day of the window to give us time to sign a CB and give Umtiti time to recover really shows what a class act Masch is.

Legendary player.

Last edited:

Windhook

I'm sad to see him leave earlier, but his decision must be respected. Perhaps his testimonial match will be Barcelona - Alaves on January 28th at Camp Nou. He deserves such honor.

Home of Barca Fans