14 - Javier Mascherano

F

Flavia

Wilshere (Arsenal): "Everyone respects Pirlo and he gets a lot of praise, but Mascherano was fantastic in the World Cup final." [afc]

Wilshere: "I learnt that Mascherano's defensive side of the game is something I've got to aspire to and look into a little bit more."

Alik

Wilshere (Arsenal): "Everyone respects Pirlo and he gets a lot of praise, but Mascherano was fantastic in the World Cup final." [afc]

Wilshere: "I learnt that Mascherano's defensive side of the game is something I've got to aspire to and look into a little bit more."

He had a great game today.

Irish_Cules

Masch did well today but he does well a lot of the time. There was still that uneasy feeling with him going up against Aduriz in the air. He pulled him down at one stage and could have conceded a penalty.

F

Flavia

Tw Mascherano: "Thanks for the messages of concern. I'm fine. It was just a knock. Great win by the team." [@mascherano]

He's fine :)

Busi-Messi Barca

Agree he is too good to sit on the bench. I worry about him as CB when up against better teams so alongside Busi would be perfect.

Surely Pique will get his act together and be a starter with Mathieu soon??

Zangash

Banned
Five games into the season ans Mascherano has started as CB in three of them. The only game he hasn't started as CB when available was against Apoel, where Lucho rested a large number of key players.

Those of us who thought the days of him being our first choice CB were over and that we might get to see him play in midfield are all fools.

I

instinct

Masche completed 100% (73 out of 73 !!!) passes tonight

ByFd6YyIQAAyeZT.png

via Squawka

Darko

Nice, but still not convinced about him being one of the 1st choice centre backs. We will see him against the likes of RM.

Home of Barca Fans