14 - Javier Mascherano

rmpcsl

He is now starter for sure but going forward he will play CB or DM?
Pique/Puyol
....Masch
or
Pique/Masch
....Busq
??

If he continues CB we should bring back Oriol from Chelsea.
If he is going to play DM we really need a CB for now.

(IMO CB will be needed reagardeless when Puyol retires but we can wait till then)

La LL

Generally Delightful
javier_mascherano___fc_barcelona_1303245.jpg

Barcafan 2304

He is now starter for sure but going forward he will play CB or DM?
Pique/Puyol
....Masch
or
Pique/Masch
....Busq
??

If he continues CB we should bring back Oriol from Chelsea.
If he is going to play DM we really need a CB for now.

(IMO CB will be needed reagardeless when Puyol retires but we can wait till then)

DM for me and someone we can call upon to do a job as CB when needed

LaMessiah

DM for me and someone we can call upon to do a job as CB when needed
he has no chance to be the starter at DM, he definitely has a chance to be a starter at CB even when puyol is fully fit. think his speed and tackling make him the first choice center of the 3-4-3

Barcilliant

CB for sure. His strength is his aggressive tackling. His positioning and tactical awareness are good but will get better. Note how Pep always conveys instructions to Masche on the sidelines. I remember Pep saying Masch was an intelligent player when he first joined. I was a little surprised by that statement but he is adapting well to the more technical play of La Liga. In the EPL Masch's job was simply to run around and clatter into opposition players without thinking. At Barca his passing has improved alot and his other skills will too. Love his attitude-remember how people were dissing him at the begining? Well, he has waited patiently and has taken his chances. He is a great example to the other fringe players because thats what he was when he first came here.

rmpcsl

So we should bring Oriol per Busq sub right? (since he is not getting minutes on Chelsea)
And wait till Puyol retires to buy an starter/expensive CB.
Kinda like this defence rotation:
Dani/Pique/Masch/Abi
Montoya/Puyol/Fontas(maybe Botia or Batra cause seems he isn't good enough)/Adriano

probably one of the first teams on the teamsheet now, can't wait to see him and Pique play alongside, think it would be a real good partnership

Home of Barca Fans