11 - Raphinha

serghei

Nah even when he didn't move to the middle he still always contributed for us and had an impact on the game when he was "hugging" the touch line.

We don't win the league without him last season, always popping up with important goals and this season when fit again he always showed up when needed.

He's not just now all of a sudden starting to play well, he's been playing well since we signed him.

The forum was just wrong about him, because he can be some what frustrating and because he isn't a Neymar level dribbler.

But he isn't just now coming good.

He attacked often through the middle even last season. He scored quite a few important goals like that.

This season there is added quality in midfield with Gundogan, so he receives better service also. Plus Lamine.

Xavi is also trusting him more and gives him more freedom.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
No this is just revisionism. Raphinha, while adding important goals, was very detrimental in play last season when playing at RW. He could not go past anyone and consistently made bad decisions. He only unlocked his "true" level (if he keeps this up) after coming back from injury this year.

jamrock

So goals and assist that led directly to wins and draws from losing positions is less important than going past his man lol.

Last edited:

serghei

He's the same player lol :lol:. Does the same things only this time he finds the net more often because his finishing is better. It's about confidence also.

People have been saying for over a year how he can be more influential if he works on his finishing.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I like these kind of players. Immense energy. Yeah, frustrating at times, but makes up with his both off and on the ball contribution. Plus, plays both flanks no problem.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Irrespective of where you stand with Raphinha’s Barça future, the irrefutable is that his transfer stock continues to rise which is ideal from club’s perspective

Me, he’s been terrific on the left mostly due to his workrate and unselfishness - the G/As are a byproduct regardless of where he plays. But, FFP

His transfer value makes it nearly impossible not to cash in if FDJ is going nowhere even though the Brasilian likely has zero desire to exit, Deco presumably will be a catalyst to generate FFP room in his departure

1 or 2 sizable transfers have to happen amongst Jules, Andreas, Raphinha, Ferran & FDJ If the club intends to target 1 or 2 key additions in summer between an interior, DM & LW

Frenkie is unlikely to move, Raph brings highest fee, then Jules et al. I’d keep Andreas if possible and even Torres. Jules is now commanding in the RB setup but he’s better centrally and isn’t likely to be happy platooning there longterm + club has to generate money from sales

Only other wildcard might be Mats but

jamrock

Yea I've always maintained that from a business prospective raphinha would be a good player to sell, he would generate a high fee which is ever increasing.

But from a football prospective, if he can learn to be effective on the Left, as yamal continues to develop, he would be the perfect partner for him, he would be the pedro to Messi.

Hard working, high intensity player who gets his fair share of goals.

So with that being said, I'm not so big on selling him anymore, unless we'll get someone who is significantly better.

In order of sale, de jong should always be #1, we have shown over and over again, we would be fine without him and he can generate a lot of cash.

De jong
Torres
Christensen
Raphinha/Kounde.

Is my new list of players to sell.

Torres will generate little to nothing but he always adds little to nothing, that being said I think he will play a big part In us going through against PSG.

soul24rage

Yea I've always maintained that from a business prospective raphinha would be a good player to sell, he would generate a high fee which is ever increasing.

But from a football prospective, if he can learn to be effective on the Left, as yamal continues to develop, he would be the perfect partner for him, he would be the pedro to Messi.

Hard working, high intensity player who gets his fair share of goals.

So with that being said, I'm not so big on selling him anymore, unless we'll get someone who is significantly better.

In order of sale, de jong should always be #1, we have shown over and over again, we would be fine without him and he can generate a lot of cash.

De jong
Torres
Christensen
Raphinha/Kounde.

Is my new list of players to sell.

Torres will generate little to nothing but he always adds little to nothing, that being said I think he will play a big part In us going through against PSG.
Agreed, Raphinha's performance in the RW did not convince me at all and I was high on selling him.

He's been doing well on the left wing/free role that he had recently so he's proven himself to be useful and dropped in my list of players needed to be sold.

Porque

Without FFP you just go and get a loan to cover the transfer expenses of Nico and Zubi, which is peanuts in today's football market, sell a few shitters and keep things as it is. Aka, the Premier League way.

FFP means F all logically when you are competing in a continental system with rivals competing outside the scope of it.

If it's a closed system like NFL then it is best option.

About Raphinha, let's see if he keeps this level for rest of season. As of today no reason to sell him. Because there is also the cost of replacement and there is no one on the market under our FFP limitations that we can actually replace him with.

But let's also remember that Raphinha is playing well because he has Cancelo to overlap and give width, and plays offensively like an AML himself, which allows Raphinha to cut in.

We might lose half of Raphinha game if Cancelo isn't retained, or if Balde doesn't return to his 22/23 level.

Bar of course getting super lucky with LaMasia or a one in a million low cost high potential player that somehow the rest of Europe has both missed and hits it out of the park.

iniestaGOAT

Without FFP you just go and get a loan to cover the transfer expenses of Nico and Zubi, which is peanuts in today's football market, sell a few shitters and keep things as it is. Aka, the Premier League way.

FFP means F all logically when you are competing in a continental system with rivals competing outside the scope of it.

If it's a closed system like NFL then it is best option.

Who asked?

Home of Barca Fans