11 - Raphinha

FCBfan22

If he and Dembele keep clicking like they seem to so far we are in for a treat. Finally having 2 dangerous wingers. And Lewa/Auba in the middle.

Birdy

What I don't get is Xavi putting Raphinia as LW and Dembele as RW, when they are both on the pitch
He did the same for the few minutes both played vs Miami, and yesterday for the first 30' of the 1st half.
You saw immediately the impact when he switched them for the final 15' of the 1st half, the switch resulting in Dembouz' goal.

It's pretty clear IMO:
Dembele is totally ambidextrous and ambipedal, so he can play on either wing and produce the exact same output
Raphinia, on the contrary, looks LIMITED as LW: he relies solely on his left foot and feels comfortable cutting in inside on it.
when he starts on the left, he looks like an outdated version of the 'wide midfielder' of the late 90s (like Becham of his UTD days),
when he receives there he always looks for the cross with his left, he seems unable to just make a few meters with the ball on his feet.

When both are on the field, it's Dembele LW and Raphnia RW.
But, from what we have seen in pre-season, I think the first games of the season will def. be: Ansu-Lewa-Dembele
This is our most dangerous trident at the moment

mc_lovin

Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani: "For me, the deal was done with #Chelsea. When I have a deal, my word is a word. I felt ashamed to go back to Todd Boehly and change our position. It was disrespectful and not the right thing to do, but I didn't have a choice."

Shame that Raphina has a say in the matter as well, eh? Simpler times back then with slavery I guess.

iniestaGOAT

What I don't get is Xavi putting Raphinia as LW and Dembele as RW, when they are both on the pitch
He did the same for the few minutes both played vs Miami, and yesterday for the first 30' of the 1st half.
You saw immediately the impact when he switched them for the final 15' of the 1st half, the switch resulting in Dembouz' goal.

It's pretty clear IMO:
Dembele is totally ambidextrous and ambipedal, so he can play on either wing and produce the exact same output
Raphinia, on the contrary, looks LIMITED as LW: he relies solely on his left foot and feels comfortable cutting in inside on it.
when he starts on the left, he looks like an outdated version of the 'wide midfielder' of the late 90s (like Becham of his UTD days),
when he receives there he always looks for the cross with his left, he seems unable to just make a few meters with the ball on his feet.

But, from what we have seen in pre-season, I think the first games of the season will def. be: Ansu-Lewa-Dembele

Except so far from what we have seen since the end of last season dembele is much better on the right too

Messi983

It's pretty clear IMO:

It's preseason, time to try out different things. Xavi knows Dembele can play on the left and Raphinha as RW so just experimenting. They've also changed positions during the game.

Messi983

Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani: "For me, the deal was done with #Chelsea. When I have a deal, my word is a word. I felt ashamed to go back to Todd Boehly and change our position. It was disrespectful and not the right thing to do, but I didn't have a choice."

Shame that Raphina has a say in the matter as well, eh? Simpler times back then with slavery I guess.

Interview for The Athletic, why I'm not surprised? They really have an agenda against Barca these days.

Joan

Interview for The Athletic, why I'm not surprised? They really have an agenda against Barca these days.

Did you hear the rest? :lol: when the reporter asks him if Barcelona will be able to pay them, whether they have the money. He asked if he was worried he'd get his money in the end.

Zidane82

It's pretty clear IMO:

No way Ansu and Dembele will stay fit for long though ..

Better playing Raphinha on the right wing then sharing the left wing with Ansu and Dembele

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The Athletic is becoming a piece of shit. The Sun and National Enquirer level toilet paper that one should wipe his/her ass with.

What is Radrizzani complaining about? Deal with Chelsea? Then what is stopping you from selling Raphinha to them? Either Barca's offer was higher or Raphinha didn't want to go to Chelsea, can only be one of those two things. Learn the basics of how to run a football club first, Radrizzani.

Porque

Athletic is an English language pay publication and thus is targeting that audience.

Sad reality that only the minority will pay for the well researched sports article. If the majority will pay then it will be exclusive content through interviews and such that is targeted for them.

feggydinho

The Athletic is becoming a piece of shit. The Sun and National Enquirer level toilet paper that one should wipe his/her ass with.

What is Radrizzani complaining about? Deal with Chelsea? Then what is stopping you from selling Raphinha to them? Either Barca's offer was higher or Raphinha didn't want to go to Chelsea, can only be one of those two things. Learn the basics of how to run a football club first, Radrizzani.

I don't think there's anything special in what he said, Leeds wanted to sell to Chelsea for whatever reasons, but Raphinha wanted Barca. That's what happened then, and that's all he said, though there was no need for him to talk about the first installment deadline (September 3rd)

serghei

He's mad that they couldn't pressure the player to sign for Chelsea. And no doubt Deco played a big part in us signing him because he reassured Raphinha Barca aren't giving up on him. He always preferred Barca over Chelsea and you only need 2 mins of seeing the guy talk about the club to see it.

He should be thankful he was a pro and they weren't relegated.

Home of Barca Fans