11 - Raphinha

serghei

Raphinha, Dembele, Ansu and Ferran are gonna have a hard time securing the position fully. Xavi needs to rotate a bit. Have players playing with intensity knowing they will rarely finish the game, and will be subbed at 70 mark often.

Winger area probably went from one of the worst to arguably the best in one summer if Ansu stays fit.

Away to some difficult team like a Sevilla, I would prefer both wingers to be fast on breaks. So Raphinha, Dembele would be pretty dangerous to have as wide options.

Last edited:

vegitot

There's a reason Dembele had 13 assists despite playing 21 league games last season. Talent-wise, Dembele is clear but he has lacked consistency for a while and he's actually been pretty consistent this season so I see Xavi starting Dembele and subbing Raphinha in, after all he pushed for him to stay. Raphinha's introduction also seems to have pushed Dembele to work on his finishing cause it has been awful for a while, anyways, whatever happens, our rw is sorted.

The reason is Xavi went full cross and pray mode so Dembele can have those assists.

But talent wise Dembele is way superior. Still i think Raphinha will be the first choice then Dembele, after all club doesn't spend so much for a bench player.

Tackle

There's a reason Dembele had 13 assists despite playing 21 league games last season. Talent-wise, Dembele is clear but he has lacked consistency for a while and he's actually been pretty consistent this season so I see Xavi starting Dembele and subbing Raphinha in, after all he pushed for him to stay. Raphinha's introduction also seems to have pushed Dembele to work on his finishing cause it has been awful for a while, anyways, whatever happens, our rw is sorted.

Maybe you are right, but Dembele rarely plays well for the full match. Loads of fumbling the ball in between feet, shooting to the moon and general lack of fundamental footballing technique in between a few moments of magic where he may record an assist. Let's see if has truly improved this season.

From what I have seen of Raphinha so far he seems do the small things right, has better intelligence and shooting form. Over a 60 match long season being consistently good trumps occasional brilliance.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Yeah those YouTube videos sold me Raphinha as some sort of dribbling machine but far from the truth.

I tried to warn the forum to temper their expectations for a reason. He's a good player but people were expecting way too much from what he provided at Leeds. He's a great addition and am looking forward to seeing what he can do with us.

khaled_a_d

Raphinha, Dembele, Ansu and Ferran are gonna have a hard time securing the position fully. Xavi needs to rotate a bit. Have players playing with intensity knowing they will rarely finish the game, and will be subbed at 70 mark often.

Winger area probably went from one of the worst to arguably the best in one summer if Ansu stays fit.

Away to some difficult team like a Sevilla, I would prefer both wingers to be fast on breaks. So Raphinha, Dembele would be pretty dangerous to have as wide options.

A healthy Fati will be a lock starter who will only bebenched for rest and avoiding injuries, the other 3 will have to fight their way dor remaining spot if it happens
History isn't on his side though

jamrock

Agreed, everyone else is fighting for 1 spot if fati is fit.

Fati & lewa certain starters, with some rotations ofc.

Same in midfield, everyone fighting for 1 spot beside, Pedri & busquets (yes we all know, but it is what it is).

Porque

Any reason why he dropped 60m on Ferran if Fati is gonna be bonafide starter?

60m for 6 months can't be justified.

I'm sure Ferran and Fati will share minutes if both stay fit.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ansu will prob be rotated and rested quite a lot to keep him healthy so Ferran should be able to earn his share of minutes. That's unless both Dembele and Raphinha do so well that Xavi put Raphinha on the LW instead considering he played there when he was in France.

feggydinho

Ansu will prob be rotated and rested quite a lot to keep him healthy so Ferran should be able to earn his share of minutes. That's unless both Dembele and Raphinha do so well that Xavi put Raphinha on the LW instead considering he played there when he was in France.

It'll be Fati and Ferran on the lw, the Dembele and Raphinha on the rw

Home of Barca Fans