11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

FCB1987

Banned
https://youtu.be/3IE_dRKsvz4

I just rewatched his highlights against Villareal last season. Compared to the rest of his performances here, he was almost unrecognizable in how good he was.

At least this match makes me remember that he does have some insane talent within him.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

I am angry with the narrative of young age and needing a season to «adapt» here. Dembele lovers run out of excuses because i see less controversy here nowadays.

There is only one excuse needed: Valverde. He clearly doesn't rate him, and Malcom. Probably any young, fast winger as keeping the ball (and defending) seem to be his priorities on that position when its not played by Messi.

Really nothing more to say. Dembouz should try to get out of here ASAP and then we talk again when he gets a coach that actually wants to work with a player like him.

Then it'll be fun to see how we plan our attack once Ernie is gone. We'll have to settle for Malcom level talents as talents of Dembeles qualities are rare and world class is almost impossible to get on the wings.

Last edited:

Messigician

There is only one excuse needed: Valverde. He clearly doesn't rate him, and Malcom. Probably any young, fast winger as keeping the ball (and defending) seem to be his priorities on that position when its not played by Messi.

Really nothing more to say. Dembouz should try to get out of here ASAP and then we talk again when he gets a coach that actually wants to work with a player like him.

Then it'll be fun to see how we plan our attack once Ernie is gone. We'll have to settle for Malcom level talents as talents of Dembeles qualities are rare and world class is almost impossible to get on the wings.

Yeah it's too bad Dembele isn't world class.

Messigician

Didn't say that in the post but ok.

"talents of Dembeles qualities are rare and world class is almost impossible to get on the wings."

I can think of 5 young wingers that are better than pace merchant Dembele right now. And many more experiance pros that are better than him.

Hazard, Mbappe, Insigne, Mane, Di Maria, Bailey, Lozano, Koman just to name a few.

FCBfan22

"talents of Dembeles qualities are rare and world class is almost impossible to get on the wings."

I can think of 5 young wingers that are better than pace merchant Dembele right now. And many more experiance pros that are better than him.

Hazard, Mbappe, Insigne, Mane, Di Maria, Bailey, Lozano, Koman just to name a few.

Di Maria? Young? That's ban worthy.

MTL_Barca

Yeah completely disagree here but thats fine.

Hazard is world class and probably the only one that could be available. Seems to prefer Madrid tho.

Mbappe is as impossible to buy as it gets so might as well list Neymar while you're at it.

Insigne is already a level below those IMO and i don't think he'll ever leave Napoli.

Mane wouldn't play here as he does in Klopps Liverpool and would be very very expensive, if we buy him for like 120M i can already see the disappointment here.

Di Maria must be a joke lol, that guy can be world class for 10 minutes every now and then but not more. Would you really want to see Di Maria as a starter at Barca?

Bailey, Lozano and Coman are nowhere near Dembeles level. Valverde would treat them all just like Malcom and you would list players from other clubs saying they are far better. He would probably also bench Sané, Sterling etc name whoever you want. If he wants a slow control based 4-4-2 no young fast winger will fit his formation because these players need development, tend to lose the ball and lack experience.

So i think if anything you've just proven my statement. Finished world class on the wings is almost impossible to get thats why Bayern and even Madrid and Man City try to work with young players and we bought Dembele. Not because we all want that but because its so hard to get real quality there.

And when it comes to young talents no one is better than Dembele besides Mbappe who is probably the best young player since Messi.

Just because Valverde and Dembele doesn't work we don't have to pretend Dembele doesn't have outstanding quality. If we sell him i'm sure the club who buys him makes a fantastic deal no matter what fee we agree on.

If we end up selling him it will be because of Valverde and his style. I mean if the club really wants to go this way then whatever, i can't change it but just because a coach doesn't trust a player and prefers another formation that doesn't mean the player doesn't have the talent to reach world class.

Last edited:

Kul_z

Mbappe yes, others no. Can you imagine dembele playing under klopp or saari. We play defensive football, and in this system dembouz cant thrive. We have a special young player and you guys want him out, outrageous.

Raketa10

what a waste of money.

absolute embarrassment for barca

Some of you really need to chill out a bit.

I was defending this kid from the start and I will keep on doing it because he could still became a world class. I agree that his IQ is the main problem but some of you should realize that he is a WINGER! In Valverde's system players which suffer the most are wingers. We basically don't have them. Look at yesterdays game. Our wingers were Coutinho and Rafinha, none of those two is a classical winger. In the end Sergi Roberto played there! We aren't playing classical 4-3-3 formation and that would be a problem for every winger not just Dembele.

I agree that he was awful against Sevilla but some other players were worse than awful in some other games so why should he be the only guilty party? He is also one of the few players in our team who is actually fast enough to even play as a classical winger. We need those kind of players, we are slow as fuck without them.

Dembele needs a proper guidance and I agree 100% with Valverde who benched him yesterday but to give up on him at this point would be a huge mistake. Look at Malcom, another classical winger we have. He is getting the worst possible treatment! Is it a coincidence that both of them are wingers? I wouldn't say so. Some of you even stated that there is for sure something wrong with Malcom. Yeah that's an absolutely legitimate conclusion after 25 minutes he has played for Barca. :facepalm:

I am also not saying Valverde is wrong for not playing with classical wingers. To be able to incorporate both Suarez and Messi he is forced to do so, but during the absence of Messi we could at least try to give some minutes to Malcom and play Dembele more because we are boring and slow as fuck in our current formation.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

He is simply not good enough for barca. Try to sell him to Qatar or an English team.

My fear is, that Noone will buy him

If he goes to Liverpool or city for example he would easily become worldclass. This is totally on Valverde. The guy is 21 years old. He just needs playing time, confidence and a quality trainer.

Home of Barca Fans