11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

henias

Dembele has the talent but not the mentality to make it here. He is a beta male but an alpha.

For example after being dropped Dembele should have been fuming and playing like he had a point to prove to the world.

Like this video of Rooney

https://www.facebook.com/MU.Vines.Fans/videos/2176140439282942/

Instead Dembele strolls around like he is walking in the park.

Lazy player! And it looks like he has no friends at the club either he is not a leader and I expect him to leave the club shortly.

I hope Malcom is given the chance to impress.

Lol :lol: Obvious troll cannot be more obvious... :lol:

Raketa10

Hmm, I don't agree with your numbers.

For example, Denis: I don't remember the exact numbers, but we paid some money to City, and some money again when we brought him back from a loan.
Further, his addons were for each 10 or 20 matches (an additional Million paid to City).
So, I guess that we paid somewhere close to 10M fee for Denis in the end.
Further, his weekly wage is around 70k Euros.
So, his yearly wage is 3,560M Euros.
So, Barca needs to pay 3,5 Millions to Denis each season and additional 3,5 for taxes for his wage.
So, Denis is getting 3,5M yearly, but we (Barcelona) are spending 7,1M yearly on Denis and taxes for him.

Since he is here for 3 years already, "the adventure called Denis Suarez" in total costed:
1. around 10M fee and addons
2. 10,5M for his wages over 3 years and 10,5 for taxes for him
= so, Barca invested till now around 31M Euros in a project called "Denis Suarez"

So, when people say: we bought him for peanuts, people are looking only at his transfer fee.
They aren't looking at his addons, wages, taxes.
And who knows whether we paid some ilegal sign on fee to him, or some bonuses.
So, we paid 31M for Denis WITHOUT sing on fee and bonuses.
So, in reality, this investment is probably closer to 35M Euros.

Now, we got absolutely nothing in return from Denis in 3 years.
And we lost 35M Euros and 3 years in terms of time and space, where we could have given chances to develop someone else.

So, when a sporting director has 10 options on a table (10 kids whom we can sign), he needs to BET on 1 guy and then we will invest:
1. money
2. time
3. and some development into him
And if a player fails, like Denis, we didn't lose only money, but a lot of time which could have been invested in someone else.

So, for example Denis was a horrible bet by whoever wanted him.

Or, as I have wrote a few times in the past, look at the project named "Ousmane Dembele":
1. 145M for a transfer fee
2. we don't know about a sign on fee or bonuses (Neymar, his dad and their dog earned additional 50-100M on random shaddy sign on fees and bonuses)
3. Dembele weekly wages are 250k Euros.
That is 13m yearly, plus we have to pay 13m for taxes.

So, 2 years of Dembele at Barca haven't cost us "only" 145m, but 145m fee+unknown sign on fees and bonuses+26m+26m
= 197m confirmed+unknown sign on fees and bonuses

And for example, if we sell him for let's say 80-100m this summer, that will be a 100-120m loss in only 2 years.
I know, player's wages are neutralized by player's performances on a pitch.
But if a player hasn't played too much or hasn't performed too well, then you didn't get too much in return.

So, in the case of Denis, I don't believe that we will get more than 10m for him (imo, stories how Napoli wanted him are lies by Barca's newspapers to raise his price, the same as Rafinha to Inter for 35Millions).
So, we invested around 35M in Denis, and we will get 10M for his transfer fee.
So, a 25M loss over 3 years, and lots of time wasted.

In the case of Dembele, if we sell him for 80m, that will be a 120M loss in 2 years.
If we sell him for 100m, that will be a 100m loss.
And we still don't know sign on fees, bonuses and illegal payments.

My point: each signing is way more expensive than a simple: transfer fee (like 41m for Malcom).
A transfer fee, sign on fees, bonuses, illegal payments, wages, taxes.
Plus lots of time and chances for a player in our team.

So, I will point my finger to a sporting director, since HE is deciding: WE should buy or THIS or THAT kid, invest who knows how many millions and give him a lot of time (which could have been used for a development of someone else).

What are you talking about? 145 + 26 + 26??? First of all his signing fee was 105+variables and secondly how the hell do you know the exact amount of bonuses and criteria under which they are paid? Thirdly we don't know his exact salary, not to mention your statement "If we sell him for 100 we'll have a 100m loss" is beyond absurd. And finally the way you are calculating gain or loss is not entirely correct. To be able to calculate a true loss or gain you should use many more factors than you are currently using. How much has he contributed? How much did we earn from using his name etc. There is also a question how much would some other player cost us? I expected more from someone who is so analytical. ;)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans