11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

5ergio_Busquets

-Pass accuracy doesn't messure passing ability, Jordan Henderson's is much higher than Messi's for example
-3 dribbles in 80 minutes is ok but not that great. Hazard had 6 in 14 minutes yesterday
-Shot accuracy doesn't measure how good shooting is either, Sevilla's penalty miss counted as an accurate shot because it was on target

Sevilla played a very good game and were very strong espcially in the defense an didn't leave much space. Even Messi didn't create much in the game despite him trying a lot.
Hazard played against a team called Huddersfield and is known for disappearing in important games.

RMU ReBorn

Sevilla played a very good game and were very strong espcially in the defense an didn't leave much space. Even Messi didn't create much in the game despite him trying a lot.
Hazard played against a team called Huddersfield and is known for disappearing in important games.
Messi didn't create much ? Which game were you watching ? Repeat of Roma match ? . He should have had 3 assists in first half itself

BBZ8800

Let me guess, Suarez had a better performance than Dembele before Dembele's goal, right?

Suarez was horrible.
Busquets quite close to him.

Dembele was one of 5-6 players who were average-ok.

Again, check the match thread, comments BEFORE Dembele's goal.

Match thread:
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/15105-Spanish-Supercup-Barca-Sevilla/page10

Comments about our team's play:
Same shit, new season. Go team.
Our play in the final 3rd has been nothing short of laughable.
Pass, pass and pass more....

No end product. Sometimes I feel that we are deluding ourselves in regards to the quality of this squad.

That or Valverde is clueless.
Wish we could pass the pall forwards and start a counter once in a while. Every time we manage to win the ball, and Sevilla actually has some players forwards, we pass it straight backwards and calm it down.
Lots of tippy tappy but little forward movement. We need to more vertical/direct instead of just recycling possession all the time.
Soooo fucking slow. No wonder we get our asses handed to us in cl.
The modern game is about speed. Peps city play a possession game but at pace.
Barca plays so bad in second half
We were playing better in the 4-4-2 :lol:
Man have Barca become boring to watch. We’re getting close to Spain at their worst.

Comments about Dembele before a goal:
Some positive attempts from Dembélé and Alba on the left side.
Only still watching for Leo. Dembele and Arthur have disappointed me so far.
Wtf. Dembele was maybe the best from us.
Dembele seems lost in that formation.
Thought Dembele was decent and certainly one of the better ones out of the lot.
Arthur I thought was pretty mediocre, playing too conservative for my likes and is not attempting to pass through the lines.
Nobody has looked really good tbh, looks like the squad lack in fitness.
Dembele did very well
Dembele did well but only comparing to the rest of the team.

So, you see, the original comments during the match about our team were HORRIBLE.
Comments about Dembele were 50:50 from disappointed or average to one of the better players.

Then he scored a golazo, revisionism kicked in and 90% of posters on this topic suddenly post things like:
He has shut up his haters.
He has shut up Sport and MD.
He was MOTM all match and created danger whenever he received the ball.

So, yes, when you add a winning goal into the maths, he was one of our 3-4 best players.
But still quite mediocre and far from a good match, THE SAME as every single player of our team.
Nobody played well.
I know it is a 1st match. But still, NOBODY played well and a team played horrible, sterile football and we scored a goal after a free kick and after a random solo crazy attempt.

FCB1987

Banned
Suarez was horrible.
Busquets quite close to him.

Dembele was one of 5-6 players who were average-ok.

Again, check the match thread, comments BEFORE Dembele's goal.

Match thread:
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/15105-Spanish-Supercup-Barca-Sevilla/page10

Comments about our team's play:

Comment about Dembele before a goal:

So, you see, the original comments during the match about our team were HORRIBLE.
Comments about Dembele were 50:50 from disappointed or average to one of the better players.

Then he scored a golazo, revisionism kicked in and 90% of posters on this topic suddenly post things like:
He has shut up his haters.
He has shut up Sport and MD.
He was MOTM all match and created danger whenever he received the ball.

So, yes, when you add a winning goal into the maths, he was one of our 3-4 best players.
But still quite mediocre and far from a good match, THE SAME as every single player of our team.
Nobody played well.
I know it is a 1st match. But still, NOBODY played well and a team played horrible, sterile football and we scored a goal after a free kick and after a random solo crazy attempt.

👏👏👏👏

cro-man

Dembele didnt put a foot wrong in this game and scored a brilliant goal. Not the first time he saved us with a brilliant goal(chelsea). I wish he would be more involved in our game not sure why he isnt.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] of those 7 comments on Dembele 5 were clearly positive and only 2 negative and you call that 50:50?? So it looks like you played yourself there lol, plenty of people saw that Dembele was playing well before the goal

BBZ8800

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] of those 7 comments on Dembele 5 were clearly positive and only 2 negative and you call that 50:50?? So it looks like you played yourself there lol, plenty of people saw that Dembele was playing well before the goal

Since you are nitpicking:
Dembele ALONE played well:
1. Some positive attempts from Dembélé and Alba on the left side.
2. Dembele was maybe the best from us.
3. Dembele did very well

Dembele played well only compared to a team which played horrible:
1. Thought Dembele was decent and certainly one of the better ones out of the lot. Nobody has looked really good tbh, looks like the squad lack in fitness.
2. Dembele did well but only comparing to the rest of the team.

Dembele ALONE played bad:
1. Dembele and Arthur have disappointed me so far.
2. Dembele seems lost in that formation.

Good: 3 comments
Good compared to otherwise horrible teammates today, aka nothing more than average: 2
Bad: 2

Let's not go offtopic, enough for me for tonight.

gasgas

Since you are nitpicking:
Dembele ALONE played well:
1. Some positive attempts from Dembélé and Alba on the left side.
2. Dembele was maybe the best from us.
3. Dembele did very well

Dembele played well only compared to a team which played horrible:
1. Thought Dembele was decent and certainly one of the better ones out of the lot. Nobody has looked really good tbh, looks like the squad lack in fitness.
2. Dembele did well but only comparing to the rest of the team.

Dembele ALONE played bad:
1. Dembele and Arthur have disappointed me so far.
2. Dembele seems lost in that formation.

Good: 3 comments
Good compared to otherwise horrible teammates today, aka nothing more than average: 2
Bad: 2

Let's not go offtopic, enough for me for tonight.

man you could stick with relationship help thread and you'd become a legend

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's not just the amount of comments but the fact that he was singled out for a good performance. Can you find comments like that about any other player today bar Messi? No, yet you make it seem like Dembele was totally neutral today aside from the goal when people were clearly noticing his contribution.

I'm sorry but I seriously question how much of these games you watch. I'll bring up a match comp when it comes out and you'll find some other way to discredit his multiple good dribbles and passes, which you almost surely didn't notice during the game.

You'll nitpick the angle of every pass and dribble and if it's too good of a pass you'll say "but he played it to a teammate who got dispossessed" as if that means shit. But that level of nitpicking is always absent when you analyze the beloved thugs

If you devoted even an ounce of the same energy towards nitpicking and criticizing the thug players on every single action, your posts would even be twice as long as they already are.

Total-Football

i am not sure this is the right time to criticize because osmane scored the winner with a sublime shot and because he was not even remotely as bad as many others.. he scored a beauty and showed that he actually cares, i like that. Now the problem as BBZ explained is: is being the best of the worst enough ? there are problems with his intergration that need to be adressed. 1- those crosses he make from the sides are aliens to barcas style of play because this is not real madrid. there arent many physical players who would score that and we do not cram the box with many players like real madrid. eveytime he makes those crosses they just turn into total waste. The second biggest concern (the elephant in the room) is his mutual understanding with his teammates. Last season he played many times as a Rw and he never looked comfortable coordinating with his adjacent fullback, be it Semedo or Roberto. Today, too, he never seemed à l`aise around Alba (whose fault is this, manager ? i dont know). but not just the full backs.. the same problem extends to his attacking teammates (comes to mind that failed one too with suarez in the second half)..Same with messi, when they played those short corners, 2 very skilled players, i thought they would be scheeming and cooking stuff but everytime was just a simple pass and no creativity. MSN formed a legenday bond and they didnt need 3 years to develop telepatic understanding. and before (oh neymar fanboyism cliche) i would even use as an example the case of Dimaria, Ozil ronaldo and benzema under mourinho (their level of understanding was fantastic.especially in counter attacks). Now it is easy to relate that to time but we are into the second year with the same teammates.. Also for this i am not entirely blaming Dembele, maybe his teammates were not as inclusive as they were with neymar, who knows..
I will try to end my analysis with a positive note and say he did ok today, top 3 of the performers behind only Semedo and Stegen. He looked confident when he scored and he should be. Skilled players thrive with boldness. I hope he would build on this and start executing his ideas boldly and without hesitation. And i hope us ``demebele haters`` would get laughed at the end of the season provided that we win big.

Last edited:

GroneDanone

Dembélé played really well, no idea what those who say otherwise have watched. What do you expect when Sevilla parks the bus? A dozen successful dribbles and take-ons?

Fact is that besides Messi, he was the only player to create for us. You could also see that he often took on players, got past his man but nobody was there for him to make a pass forward or to the box. If you want Dembélé to create, you have to first tell his teammates to move into spots he can hit with a pass. Not his fault that nobody besides Suárez, who was terrible, even tries to get into the box. As long as that's the case, a player like Dembélé can't shine.

Dembélé also had some nice off-ball runs but of course those are limited with the way Sevilla played. Also defended much better than last year simply by virtue of working harder on that end. All in all, this was a positive performance in a match where many of his teammates who also missed much of the pre-season were clearly not in a groove yet. That's a good sign for us, so calm down.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Goal aside he was fantastic. I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. He created so much danger with his passing, his dribbling was spot on and intimidating for Sevilla defenders, and then he tops it off with a Golazo. Don't be fooled by the feel of the game which was not the greatest, individually his performance i think he cemented his claim as a starter in the team. You'd be crazy to bench him or give him a secondary role like last season.

Mosquito overshadowing Messi already

At some point, the teenage lion must face off his father and scare him off.

He already doing that to Messi in the supercup

Home of Barca Fans