11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

BBZ8800

He was superb literally the entire game in attack with his great passes and dribbles. Suarez wasted several of his passes in the final third. Even outside the goal, a great performance.

You're just disappointed your self proclaimed killing of the Dembele hype train turned out to be hasty bullshit as usual.

Don, you are too positive for me.

I have just seen your 4 posts in 4 different topics:
Messi, you say that he was awesome.
Semedo, very good. He was quite poor and scared again, for me.
Arthur was amazing for you. Safepasser for me.
Dembele was awesome for you.
Average until a goal for me.

The only negative player for you was Rakitic.
You have a crazy bias and a soft spot for technical players with nice passes and you neglect 100s of other things.

So, I can't reply to your post.
For you, every single technical player played awesome.

In reality, tonight we played as bad and boring as with Gomes, Paulinho, Rakitic midfield.

FCB1987

Banned

1. 100% long ball accuracy? He only played like maybe 1-2
2. 1 interception? Not that important or impressive
3. 3 dribbles and 3 takeons? Ok but not overly impressive for 80+ minutes
4. 4 fouls won? Doesn't really say that much
5. 7 duels won? Is this yugioh or something
6. 100% shot accuracy? Only from 2 shots; one was the goal which was very nice and the other from a very good chance which he hit straight at the keeper.

Passing, dribbling, shooting and creating in football means very little. It's everything else that counts.

-Pass accuracy doesn't messure passing ability, Jordan Henderson's is much higher than Messi's for example
-3 dribbles in 80 minutes is ok but not that great. Hazard had 6 in 14 minutes yesterday
-Shot accuracy doesn't measure how good shooting is either, Sevilla's penalty miss counted as an accurate shot because it was on target

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Don, you are too positive for me.

I have just seen your 4 posts in 4 different topics:
Messi, you say that he was awesome.
Semedo, very good. He was quite poor and scared again, for me.
Arthur was amazing for you. Safepasser for me.
Dembele was awesome for you.
Average until a goal for me.

The only negative player for you was Rakitic.
You have a crazy bias and a soft spot for technical players with nice passes and you neglect 100s of other things.

So, I can't reply to your post.
For you, every single technical player played awesome.

In reality, tonight we played as bad and boring as with Gomes, Paulinho, Rakitic midfield.

I didn't say Arthur was amazing. You always assume a positive comment means unbridled praise, when it isn't. Arthur showed some good spells later in the half and involved in some good attack buildups. That is literally a tangible thing to see in the game, not me pretending he was prime Xavi out there. My main point about Arthur was that he was playing his first game and improved as the game went on. That was the biggest takeaway and it's a positive one.

Semedo was very good aside from the final delivery. He didn't play scared he made a number of forward passes through lines that our limited technical players rarely ever make. He was also in the final third quite a bit more than he used to be last season. The main thing to note was the improvement and activity level, not every cross needs to be pinpoint for a promising offensive performance.

You're just plain blind about Dembele, pure and simple. Can't reason with you there, he was our best player and MOTM. Involved in as many good offensive plays as Messi and scored the winner. Stats prove it and the game comp will prove it too where you will be proven wrong yet again. He was great today.

Rakitic was not the only negative, nor was he even really a negative. As usual, a neutral performance which limited our offense in some ways. Suarez was the only true negative and he was disastrous today. Busquets wasn't good either, nor was Pique. Alba was awful with his crosses, didn't execute well at all.

FCB1987

Banned
I'm not trying to be a Dembele hater. I think he's a good and talented player but people on here and r/barca seem desperate to claim that he's a generational talent just because we spent a lot of money on him and missed out on Mbappe to sign him.

Jakabor

Check the match thread.
At 1:1, majority said that the whole team is poor, how Dembele is meh out of position.

Then he scored a golazo and people write how he was awesome all match.

I will stay by: the whole team and Dembele were quite average.

Great golazo though.
And he showed some balls with a cocky celebration.

Let me guess, Suarez had a better performance than Dembele before Dembele's goal, right?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
-Pass accuracy doesn't messure passing ability, Jordan Henderson's is much higher than Messi's for example
-3 dribbles in 80 minutes is ok but not that great. Hazard had 6 in 14 minutes yesterday
-Shot accuracy doesn't measure how good shooting is either, Sevilla's penalty miss counted as an accurate shot because it was on target

Hazard is the best dribbler in the world when it comes to volume and efficiency, been that way statistically in at least a couple of years. You really gonna compare? Not that Hazard is the best dribbler period, that is still Messi.

Any player that averages around 2.5+ dribbles per game is high level to elite in that respect. Dembele averaged 3 at Dortmund and 2.4 for Barca last season despite the injury and adaptation troubles.

He played well today, stats shouldn't even have to be used. He clearly was involved in a lot of our best plays.

Devils

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you because Dembele's stardom/hype was literally built on his passing and dribbling ability and it's obvious you have not watched him much.

The fact that you have use someone like Eden Hazard, one of the best players in the world and in his prime age of 27 to discredit a 21 year old Dembele's abilities says it all.

Home of Barca Fans