11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Messi983

I've never heard of it as well, that's why I was asking. :)

With Auba confirmed to stay in Dortmund for another season I think they could actually considering selling Dembele this summer but we'll probably have to pay about 90M. But that's only if Valverde will play 4-2-3-1 if we'll stay with 4-3-3 as our main formation then there would be no place for Dembele in starting XI for now.

We'll see what Valverde's plans are in few days but with Deulofeu and Rafinha both unavailable and Palencia also staying home Vidal will also most likely be used exclusively as RB so my guess is for now he'll stick to 4-3-3. Though he might also use Denis, Arda or even Douglas as RW in preseason games but not very likely.

That said, I think Valverde is still keeping his options in regard to formation open to see how current players will work in either formation and which player(s) we'll sign before end of transfer window. With Verratti not coming I would try again to get Dembele and play 4-2-3-1. In that case getting a more mobile and defensive midfielder like Paulinho would also make more sense. But then again, if we'd have to pay 40M for him then I'd prefer to sign someone like N'Zonzi to play alongside Busi.

I've never heard of it as well, that's why I was asking. :)

With Auba confirmed to stay in Dortmund for another season I think they could actually considering selling Dembele this summer but we'll probably have to pay about 90M. But that's only if Valverde will play 4-2-3-1 if we'll stay with 4-3-3 as our main formation then there would be no place for Dembele in starting XI for now.

Signing Dembele is not just about now. If we do not grab him now then he could sign another contract elsewhere (BvB or Madrid) with 300M euro release clause. Look what happened to
Saul Niguez. Barca could not pry him away and Athletico traps him with a 150M euro release clause. We can rotate our lineup just like what Zidane did with RM if we have excess of talents.
Right now, all we have are Gomez, Turan, Dennis Suarez, Rafhina, pretty much all trash.

You saw how RM was hoarding Ceballos given the number of starting midfielders they already have? Isco and Kovacic are threatening to leave because RM trying to take away all Barca targets.

Ceballos OWNED, and RM still tries to go after Verratti and Hazard. Just beating RM in the Clasico is not enough.

WTF is our board doing? Chasing after Paulinho, rejecting offers on Gomez, Munir, Turan.

BTW, it's not the press that started Neymar to PSG. It's Neymar's father who wants more money, respect and say on who Barca should and should not sign.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Doubt it'll happen this summer even if Neymar leaves.

But anyway, all in on Dembele now. Give BVB 80m cash straight away. Now that Aubameyang is staying, perhaps, just perhaps they'll let him go.

Last edited:

bastardo

lol doubt even 80 to 90 million is enough for Dembele with figures like 120 million being thrown around for Mbappe. The market price for the 18 to 20 year old players with one or two impressive season is ridiculous nowadays.

khaled_a_d

lol doubt even 80 to 90 million is enough for Dembele with figures like 120 million being thrown around for Mbappe. The market price for the 18 to 20 year old players with one or two impressive season is ridiculous nowadays.

BVB has never been good at selling, and Mpabbe is the bigger name right now,whether he is the better player or not

opjeoff

I dont get the hype with this guy. Hes good for sure. But he is not 'one of the best' good. He wont replace Neymar, he'll just be a flashy signing until we realised the real issue is that we dont have a player who is truly world class after Messi retires.

Home of Barca Fans