10 - Lionel Messi - V6

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Rashford or Lukaku it is then

today-i-saw-some-weird-shit-gif.gif

Man just suggested Lukaku

Arizona Scott

Why do you think that? Genuinely curious. In other words, based on what?

For me, basically impossible to tell. Messi is too good and dominant not to be in the center, but without him, it would be a completely different team. Valverde would've set it up in a different manner. Leo gives us great advantage, but comes with a price. Wingers, midfielders and a RB lessen what would be their roles in other, more usual functionating teams.

Well messi is a small part of why barca is top 3 in the world in possession and among the best defensive squads. In fact the defense is quite outstanding even with messi. Add this to the fact barca is top 5 in the world in value based talent even w/o messi. We also have seen barca perform really well when messi has been injured the last 5 years--folks like suarez, dembele, coutinho and neymar take greater roles. I remember a couple fall classico where we destroyed Real with Messi out or playing a bit part.

So no i cant prove it, but yes i think without messi this year it truly would be a 3 team race for la liga. But no i dont think they would be with city or liverpool in the epl race but i believe they would be better than spurs/chelsea/arsenal/united.

khaled_a_d

Why do you think that? Genuinely curious. In other words, based on what?

Some of our best games this season was when Messi was injured. And that was Rafinha replacing him and Suarez being best attacker on the team at the age of 32 while not being in best shape.
I think we look much worse when he is on sidelines for some reason. But when he is injured we usually step up.

kilian

[tw]1123723902587416579[/tw]

This is crazy. It`s unbeliveable how much better he is from everyone else even at 32. Why can`t he play forever?
We are so spoilt by him that top attacking players look like clowns to us. We criticize him from time to time for the lack of effort, but he really is like a cheat code to us. I doubt we`ll see someone like him in world football for years to come, maybe not even in our lifetime.

George_Costanza

Yes he is. We are like Atletico/Real/Bayern/Spurs/Juv level w/o Messi. Not as good as City or Liverpool but pretty much better than anyone else. With him of course we have just about proven we are the best.

Juv and Bayern are cruising every season to win their league titles, we struggled against mid-low table teams without Messi. Take Barca out, and ATM or Real will win the league. Someone posted a Liga table for last season without Messi's goals and assists contribution, it showed we end up at the bottom half of the table. What's interesting was they did the same with CR7 and Real lost only one spot at the top of the table. Saying we will look like Alaves without Messi is a compliment really since Alaves at #8 spot in Liga table.

Andresito

Staff member
Good news for Messi as Mbappé will serve another 2 games for suspension. And with Messi bound to rest vs Celta they'll both have two games left in the league this season.

He'll get plenty of rest before both Getafe and Eibar games so his participation shouldn't be any problem.

Better to keep up the form ahead of the final(s).

Hardy

He can easily score 5 goals in 2 matches (one of them against a trash relegated team), also someone few weeks ago claimed that in case of equal goals the golden boot goes to the player with less minutes played (and in this case would be Mbappè) so he doesn't need to overtake Messi goals if this is true. Messi needs to score a few more against Getafe to lock it.

Giginho75

This is crazy. It`s unbeliveable how much better he is from everyone else even at 32. Why can`t he play forever?
We are so spoilt by him that top attacking players look like clowns to us. We criticize him from time to time for the lack of effort, but he really is like a cheat code to us. I doubt we`ll see someone like him in world football for years to come, maybe not even in our lifetime.

Totally agree!

I can only add that all the football world loves him and is crazy for him...
I read and listen enthusiastic comments by players, trainers, mass media, Facebook Users etc.

Simply Unbelievable!

Home of Barca Fans