10 - Lionel Messi - v5

raskolnikov

I hope he bags a brace/hattrick today. It would put him at the position to score his 600th goal against Chelsea at the bridge. They are the only team left that owe Messi a goal against them. It would be fitting

Ripsta

All this talk about how shit Ronaldo has been and while that may be true he now only trails Messi by 4 goals in all competitions (27 to 23). Not to mention Ronaldo has played 7 fewer matches.

His scoring form has been patchy ever since Suarez returned, he's a detriment to the side IMO, forces Leo deep and encourages him to just hit aimless passes to Suarez who still doesn't understand the offside rule.

Once Dembele is back in the side i'd like to see him and Coutinho either side of Messi in his old (and by far his best) role.

ASordidGod

His scoring form has been patchy ever since Suarez returned, he's a detriment to the side IMO, forces Leo deep and encourages him to just hit aimless passes to Suarez who still doesn't understand the offside rule.

Once Dembele is back in the side i'd like to see him and Coutinho either side of Messi in his old (and by far his best) role.

Yeah, this. I mean, at least give it a go. If only as a way of resting Suarez.

pregra

Looks very, very gassed. Probably a combination of fatigue and that he almost never gets set up in any decent positions. Will be a non-factor in both the CL and the World Cup if he doesn’t sit out at least half our remaining league games.

FinBarcelonafan

Looks very, very gassed. Probably a combination of fatigue and that he almost never gets set up in any decent positions. Will be a non-factor in both the CL and the World Cup if he doesn’t sit out at least half our remaining league games.

Yep. He needs break, but we can't rest him. He is too Crucial.

pregra

Pretty good? He was awful by his standards. Looks like his form is dipping, as usual the last few years when the CL comes around.

pregra

Did he move at a pace faster than jogging at any point during the game? I’m not usually one to care about distance covered and so on,but Messi this game is up there as the most lazy, non-caring performance ever. No fire in his belly what so ever. Just moping around looking at the ground for 90 minutes. And please stop taking free-kicks.

Expect shit performances from him in the CL, he is once again entering hibernation to preserve himself for the World Cup. Then he will play like a lion possessed for Argentina.

kilian

His walking back 30 meters in offside in the last minutes of the game really irritated me. I understand preserving energy that attackers do, but this was just zero fucks given behaviour.

Home of Barca Fans