10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Devils

Wonderful game.

The problem is that you never know if you are going to get Deportivo Messi or the Messi we saw today.

Pray he plays like he did today in April.

BigBarcaBoy

It's not about scoring, Leo can be the best player in the world without scoring a single goal, what really gets to me is the lack of effort. I don't care if he goes through some bad patches, all players do, but not trying is inexcusable. The fact that he can win matches almost single handedly when he turns up, makes the lack of interest even more painful.

Nobody wants to sell him, we know what he is capable of and it bothers me to see him completely disinterested in about half our matches these days.

Half the matches? Sorry that is rubbish

SeloBarca

Probably not to unhappy with that yellow card.
Misses the game after Argentina game so probably a Little longer vacation.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He was a murderer out there. All of his passes were ice cold daggers through Valencia's defense, as if the defenders didn't exist. Yet despite this performance being a playmaking masterclass, he walks away with a brace and no assists :lol:. Could've easily had like 4 or more. I tend to believe that the 3-4-3 can utilize Messi very well if he plays in the right pocket during buildup and on the perimeters to dictate the flow in the final 3rd.

Hopefully Lucho's still working out the mechanics of it and we'll see the best of Messi in April. He gets a good rest after the International break for Sevilla at home. It's crucial to keep him fit for that whole busy month.

JamDav1982

If Messi is to play there long terms they need to have a world class RW to stretch the play and increase his options and get more hard work/quality around him in midfield.

Dont think even he can take this team much further the way it is just now.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Messi's goal vs. Valencia

[gfy]DefensiveRespectfulChevrotain[/gfy]

[gfy]HoarseIgnorantIcterinewarbler[/gfy]

[gfy]CreativeJoyfulAltiplanochinchillamouse[/gfy]

[tw]843561270615982082[/tw]

:worthy:

Great match overall too. And I do like that he got himself suspended for Granada.

F

FlaFCB

If Messi is to play there long terms they need to have a world class RW to stretch the play and increase his options and get more hard work/quality around him in midfield.

Dont think even he can take this team much further the way it is just now.

Yeah. Need Dembele as the rw. Can't be Rafinha.

doublehh03

Wonderful game.

The problem is that you never know if you are going to get Deportivo Messi or the Messi we saw today.

Pray he plays like he did today in April.

How often does he play like tonight v. how often does he play like v. Deportivo? That should answer your question.

BusiTheKing

Was looking at some of his statistics from back when he played as a false nine. He actually gets around the same number of touches in his current position as he did back then. It still seems like he was more involved back then, though. Good game today. Would have loved to see him score that one after weaving through two defenders when he hit it a bit too high.

Home of Barca Fans