10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

Sounds he's closer to Suarez than Neymar.

That other slightly in-depth interview that was published recently also suggests this. I think Suarez lives close to him, as well. Basically the text said that after Pinto left the club, Messi's closest friends there are Mascherano and Suarez.

EdmondDantes

I think Uruguayans and Argentinians in general have a lot more in common. Tim Vickery said that although Brazil is in South America, it's pretty isolated to the other South American nations, being the only non Spanish speaking nation (with the expetion of Suriname and Guiana of course as these are more Caribbean than anything else) there and all. Unsurprisingly Neymar seems to be a lot closer to Alves for example.

That makes me wonder how the likes of Verma, Mathieu and Arda get along with the rest of the group given the fact their language/cultural background deviates a little further from the Spanish/Latin nucleus in our squad.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Let's also not forget the age gap. Suarez and Messi are the same age and have a lot to relate to with one another.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

Yes he is.

Uruguayans and Argentinians have a lot more in commun than with Brazilians, they even have (almost) the same accent with the "cho" "placha" "cancha" "la concha de tu madre" etc ...

Also iirc Suarez put his kids in the same school as Messi's so they go together drop/pick up their kids, and they're both family guys, while Neymar lives surrounded by his youngster entourage, and some girls here and there probably ^^

BarcaGirl

Leo, Anto, Thiago and Benjamin Suarez :)

ibial0.png

mark1nhu

I think Uruguayans and Argentinians in general have a lot more in common. Tim Vickery said that although Brazil is in South America, it's pretty isolated to the other South American nations, being the only non Spanish speaking nation (with the expetion of Suriname and Guiana of course as these are more Caribbean than anything else) there and all. Unsurprisingly Neymar seems to be a lot closer to Alves for example.

That makes me wonder how the likes of Verma, Mathieu and Arda get along with the rest of the group given the fact their language/cultural background deviates a little further from the Spanish/Latin nucleus in our squad.

Yep, we Brazilians have pretty much nothing in common with our neighbors.

Maybe Neymar could try mate to be closer to Messi :lol:

aaron101

That other slightly in-depth interview that was published recently also suggests this. I think Suarez lives close to him, as well. Basically the text said that after Pinto left the club, Messi's closest friends there are Mascherano and Suarez.

They are actually neighbors. When Messi was injured, Suarez took him on his car and they went together to training. Neymar and Messi and also close to each other but Suarez and Messi are closer. I'm happy that he's now Messi's BFF, that means Suarez will stay for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans