10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatsu

Gallardo on his Facebook

"la decision de MESSI está tomada. Me juego mi PATRIMONIO a que MESSI se va."

Apparently his source is someone very close to the Messi family, well he was wrong about Suarez, Guardiola and many things, but he knew about Messi's new contract (a wage increase without extension).

So what do you think about this Barcaforum :tito:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Gallardo on his Facebook

Apparently his source is someone very close to the Messi family, well he was wrong about Suarez, Guardiola and many things, but he knew about Messi's new contract (a wage increase without extension).

Gallardo who

Edit : Nvm understood.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Gallardo on his Facebook

He's a moron.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Yeah he is. Before the season ended he said Messi will go to PSG.

Next time you guys trust a journalist who does shows for El Chiringuito, think again.

F

Flavia

Gallardo on his Facebook

A lot of people knew about Messi's contract renewal. That wasn't really hard to guess. He got a raise because he has on contract he has to be the best paid, and Neymar got ahead with his 40m bonus.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Video of Mourinho talking about Messi's World Cup

Translation:

"The way Messi is playing, I think he's sacrificing himself for his team. I think that he wants to win more than to be the best player or top scorer, or to win the Ballon d'Or or Golden Boot, most goals or MVP. I think Messi is there to help his team make history. That's the feeling I have.

"I see Messi playing in zones that aren't his zones. He drops back to get the ball, he drops back to zones where he has to break past two or three lines of opponents. He drops back, receives the ball and is immediately attacked by a defender, and a second covering him, and a third. And when he's deep, Messi is trying to build so his team can score. For example, in the win where Di Maria scored, it was a fantastic assist by Messi where he's in zones where he normally doesn't go. Messi normally plays in between the two lines, the defensive line and the opponent's midfield line. He gets the ball, attacks a defender, and is facing the goal.

"Argentina isn't playing football that allows Messi to play in these zones, and he's dropping back. You can't really say that he's playing as a forward, and you can't really say that he's playing behind the forward because he's dropping back so much to help the team in build-up play. I think that's an important aspect because when you play with the national team, it's not the same as playing with your club. It's a different situation. At clubs, there's more time for amplifying the club, more time to work, more time to define your dynamics. The players always play or almost always play in their own positions, in the static systems that are more adequate to their abilities.

"When you go to the national team, you either sacrifice yourself for the team and you become a secondary figure because the primary "figure" is the team, or the team loses its meaning, the greater meaning. When I see, for example, Dirk Kuyt for the Netherlands, one game he was on the bench. The next game, he was playing on the left. Then they were losing, so he was playing as a center forward. Then in the last game, he was playing on the right. That's what the national team is. That's playing for your country, playing with heart, playing for teammates, playing for family, playing for friends, for everything.

"And it seems to me that Messi is playing for his national team. I think that if he'd like to try be the phenomenon that we all know he is and that he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone, he'd be more comfortable playing behind Higuain, waiting for an opportunity to create a marvelous goal, waiting for an opportunity to find his opponents out of position.

"For me, respect for Messi because he's playing in his team and for his team, and the same can't be said for all who are playing in this tournament."

AzaR

Quite surprising that this wasn't discussed by any of the pundits really. It was what I had discussed previous to Sabellas appointment as manager especially under Maradona. Prior to the world cup it didn't seem to be the case as much but during this world cup he again adopted the deep role. Not only is playing deeper difficult in terms of having to beat more opponents but it also takes its toll on the body, running from 20-30 yards deeper each time.

Imagine if the manager Argentina was someone like Simeone, we could have possibly seen them win the world cup. Easy to criticize and forget though sometimes that they did get to the final which is a magnificent achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans