10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beside the goal not a very good game from him or the team, 1-0 against Iran, nearley conceded twice, hardly created anything. Its probably only the biggest fans that see anything positive about Argentina and Leo´s performance so far.

CatalinR10

Beside the goal not a very good game from him or the team, 1-0 against Iran, nearley conceded twice, hardly created anything. Its probably only the biggest fans that see anything positive about Argentina and Leo´s performance so far.

YtygPRH.gif

So...

in the first game , Sabella fucked it up by playing 5-3-2 in the first half . Team played like shiet. Changed it in the second half and Argentina began to boss it.
Messi managed to score a wonder goal , make 4 key passes , his cross ended in an own goal , 7 dribbles ( which is the highest in a game so far ) and got Motm.

Against Iran , who pretty much parked the airplane 80% of the game the team did manage to create chances. They had 4 big chances to score in the first half but managed to fuck them up. Messi was bad but still managed to create some chances here and there , he made 7 dribbles again , plus he scored again a stunning goal that won them the game and got Motm again.

So out of all this , you have to be a big Messi fan to see anything positive ?

YtygPRH.gif

So...

in the first game , Sabella fucked it up by playing 5-3-2 in the first half . Team played like shiet. Changed it in the second half and Argentina began to boss it.
Messi managed to score a wonder goal , make 4 key passes , his cross ended in an own goal , 7 dribbles ( which is the highest in a game so far ) and got Motm.

Against Iran , who pretty much parked the airplane 80% of the game the team did manage to create chances. They had 4 big chances to score in the first half but managed to fuck them up. Messi was bad but still managed to create some chances here and there , he made 7 dribbles again , plus he scored again a stunning goal that won them the game and got Motm again.

So out of all this , you have to be a big Messi fan to see anything positive ?

I agree that his second half against Bosnia was good, other than that he is not involved as much as he needs to be and when he is not involved enough Argentina doesnt create much.
Doesnt matter if Iran played ultra defensive , its still Iran, when you play football at any level at Walking pace you are going going to create very Little. Not much to say beside the goal it was a poor performance by him and the team. Cant see them go any further than the quarter finals if they continue to play at snails pace.

I

instinct

I agree that his second half against Bosnia was good, other than that he is not involved as much as he needs to be and when he is not involved enough Argentina doesnt create much.
Doesnt matter if Iran played ultra defensive , its still Iran, when you play football at any level at Walking pace you are going going to create very Little. Not much to say beside the goal it was a poor performance by him and the team. Cant see them go any further than the quarter finals if they continue to play at snails pace.

Great argument against your actual point :coffee:

Kerrybai

That's fanboys for you

How is he not a contender for MVP? He scored 2 game winning goals. You come across as very bitter when you post about Messi.

I reckon you would like nothing more than to see him fail. With respect you add nothing to his thread.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

How is he not a contender for MVP? He scored 2 game winning goals. You come across as very bitter when you post about Messi.

I reckon you would like nothing more than to see him fail.

He hates Messi, that's no secret. Even more after he scored so much against Milan :pep:

i_bleed_blaugrana

overall I am just not that impressed with Messi so far. When the rumors came out that he was saving himself for this tournament when he was taking sunday strolls through the Camp Nou instead of actually playing, I was hoping to see an overall increase in his effort and his workrate and I have yet to see it. He still walks about the pitch, waiting for the play to come to him instead of imposing his will on matches like he used to do.

Fucking Ronaldo does more off the ball than Messi does right now and it used to be quite the opposite a few years ago. He is still clearly the most explosive and dynamic player in the world and when he gives it 100%, no one can touch him still. I just don't see that old tenacity and hunger that he used to have when he was younger and I think 4 Balon's in a row jaded him. And the fact that I am not seeing it right now on the biggest stage in a tournament that is very feasible for Argentina to win it is disappointing and worrying for me.

I always think that all 10 other players work much harder than Messi does, for both us and Argentina and if he isn't willing to leave it on the pitch for his country in the World Cup, he certainly isn't going to do it for us next season. Idc if Vince Lombardi came back from the grave to try coaching football and Barcelona gave him a chance, I am unsure of whether or not even he could ignite that consistent tenacity back and that tenacity is what is missing from our squad right now and it all begins with Messi.

Maybe he is having health problems with this whole vomiting thing but I honestly don't think its a big deal, its just a coping mechanism he is developing to deal with all of the pressure he has right now but I just don't like what I see from Messi atm. We need and Argentina are going to need more from him in the future because again, you can't just switch it on and off and expect to win every game like that. That's not how sports in general, let alone football, works.

Last edited:

Frodo_FCB

Messi is the MVP in the WC so far..He won 2 games on its own, when his teammates were shit.
And he did this just by walking most of the time, he finished both Bosnia and Iran like a boss!

tumblr_m0u7lbmzcg1rqt1qqo1_500.gif

serghei

I'm not that impressed with Messi either. Scored two goals out of pure talent, but his performances overall don't even place him in top 5 of this World Cup. And let's be real, the Argentina group is probably the weakest or second weakest from this World Cup. But, whatever, he's Messi, so he gets bonus points just for that.

Frodo_FCB

I'm not that impressed with Messi either. Scored two goals out of pure talent, but his performances overall don't even place him in top 5 of this World Cup. And let's be real, the Argentina group is probably the weakest or second weakest from this World Cup. But, whatever, he's Messi, so he gets bonus points just for that.

Thats the point, Messi is far from his best performances, but he can still score 2 amazing winning goals...Who else can do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans