10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimadridista1

We can't blame Leo. He did his best but it didn't happen. Too much things in this match (also the quality of some of our players on the pitch, and many fools that Mateu Lahoz didn't whistle or for whom he didn't give a yellow card) didn't help him to succeed.

NotInHere

Yeah hopefully he doesn't have another season as bad as this one.

Hopefully with a new coach and system he can be the old Messi we all once knew

likeafire

That's not true. He's marked out of very single game because our system is broken and runs through the wings now. Torrey's injuries were different.

And you dont think he was being marked last season or the seasons before that? LOL.

How about if messi starts running first, hes so static.

Kerrybai

Football is not like basketball where one star player can completely run a game. When Barca gets back to playing well then Messi will get back to his best. The tactics don't suit Messi, they also don't suit Iniesta, Pedro, Xavi etc. He had an under par season like everyone else. Still socred 0.89 goals per game which was his ratio from 2009/2010.

Teams have learned that if you approach Messi with a wall of 4 an an angle he well be forced to go on his right foot where he can't shoot so he usually passes it out wide. We need to make more runs in behind to keep the defenders moving. Also our 1-2 tiki taka play through the middle needs to return. I don't blame Tata as he didn't have the boards support but I'll be glad to see the back of him.

For the record he scored the winning goal tonight which should have given us the title.

My player of the season for Barca despite everything.

Last edited:

Stric

I can't believe people are actually saying he wasn't trying. Good god. This just goes to show how ridiculously high standards are when he's in question.

He's obviously not on his best form, but there's nothing more to it.

And now we see it had nothing to do with his contract renegotiation, just like I said it didn't.

DinhoR10

Messi was ignored alot by our own players but he was really sloppy in possession before the goal, the entire game ran though the right side leaving iniesta pretty much isolated.

BarcaGirl

I can't believe people are actually saying he wasn't trying. Good god. This just goes to show how ridiculously high standards are when he's in question.

He's obviously not on his best form, but there's nothing more to it.

And now we see it had nothing to do with his contract renegotiation, just like I said it didn't.

214bjub.jpg

hardyboy

Messi's goal was actually onside. Canal Plus has reported it..The ball touched Juanfran and not Cesc before messi sent it into the net.

10369231_809371132420703_1887091979052937792_n.jpg

Messi's goal was actually onside. Canal Plus has reported it..The ball touched Juanfran and not Cesc before messi sent it into the net.

So we could have won? :(

Oh well, I have a feeling that had we scored, Atletico would have scored again. And you can't blame the ref for that, there's no way he could have seen that.

Stric

Too bad.

Still, if we were going to be Liga champions, we should have been able to win that game even with a wrongly disallowed goal.

Jadentheman

Well at least he has the World Cup now. Don't know what we will see from him playing in Argentina, but it better be much improvement from the second half of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans