10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark

How do you get that idea?

Aside from the fact that Hoeneß already said that they are not in for Messi and never have been, but please do tell, why would Bayern, in theory, be unable to pay for Messi?

250 million euro transfer fee at least because barca wont negotiate.That means the PSG's and Man city's of this world.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

His buyout clause is 250m

Yes, I know. So?

Bayern is the financially most healthy club on this planet by far, not a single dime of debt and at the same time a huge enterprise with quite a bit of profit each year and gigantic revenue.
They would be able to meet the clause even without backing by Adidas or Audi (of course THEN they would have debt, quite a bit ofc), but the most likely case would be that Adidas would jump at the opportunity to bring Adidas sponsored Messi to an Adidas sponsored club, the biggest one in their country of origin in fact.

As I said, it's not gonna happen anyways, especially since Bayern always refused to pay ridiculous transfer fees (Martinez excluded maybe, he proved his worth however pretty fast), but claiming Bayern would not be able to afford him, seems a bit of a stretch.

coura

Banned
Barsa certainly hasn't looked as if they could win CL this year, but I honestly don't see Messi leaving this club if they don't, I could see him leave if our team goes to consecutive years of winning nothing, but that's highly unlikely.

Leo is not that young anymore, so if Barsa stops winning would you guys blame him if he leaves?

zlatan is 32 and playing better than ever

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yes, I know. So?

Bayern is the financially most healthy club on this planet by far, not a single dime of debt and at the same time a huge enterprise with quite a bit of profit each year and gigantic revenue.
They would be able to meet the clause even without backing by Adidas or Audi (of course THEN they would have debt, quite a bit ofc), but the most likely case would be that Adidas would jump at the opportunity to bring Adidas sponsored Messi to an Adidas sponsored club, the biggest one in their country of origin in fact.

As I said, it's not gonna happen anyways, especially since Bayern always refused to pay ridiculous transfer fees (Martinez excluded maybe, he proved his worth however pretty fast), but claiming Bayern would not be able to afford him, seems a bit of a stretch.
If they refuse to meet his value... that of course means they could not afford him! Affordability need not always be calculated with the number of money you got!

BibB

Realistically, Messi's value helps balance the books. So he would only be sold for an astronomical fee. I do get the impression though, that Rossell wants less Messi more Neymar in the long run. But doubt Messi and the fans would ever agree on that one. :lol:

Regarding Messi's recovery in Argentina , I think it has been good for the team aswell as Messi. In terms of relieving the Messi dependence and building the team to be just as strong without him. (Still in progress might i add) and also relieving Messi of the burden of carrying the team. Which I imagine is quite a habbit to break.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Tough to not be able to see Messi much of late, goes to show how spoiled we are by his genius...We've talked about this even years ago but to be able to say you lived in the era of Messi will be something you can tell your kids and grandkids because it will be a long time before, if ever, we'll see a talent like him

Still, last night was the first time in some time I can recall a Barcelona performance of that quality...without Leo no less...Pure joy has returned, how orgasmic will it be when Messi is back eh?

Maria

And why would they jump at that opportunity? Wouldn't be cheaper for them to just sponsor Barca and pay a few millions more than what Nike is paying at this point?

Stric

And why would they jump at that opportunity? Wouldn't be cheaper for them to just sponsor Barca and pay a few millions more than what Nike is paying at this point?

And how exactly would they come to sponsor Barca? Nike would have to give up Barca first, which is not going to happen, at least not until the contract runs out.

Maria

And how exactly would they come to sponsor Barca? Nike would have to give up Barca first, which is not going to happen, at least not until the contract runs out.

Of course, but as far as I know the current contract expires in a year or 2..

abual3bed1

BbSRiQYCEAAwLO8.jpg:large

:worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans