10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

estranged

He doesnt think about it, it comes naturaly to him.

+1. Was just about to say that, this is what separates a natural born genius from an average footballer, while another player would need 2/3 seconds to think about the best way to dribble or find a pass it just comes to Messi in the blink of an eye. Also somewhat the case with Iniesta and Xavi, they seem to be 3 seconds ahead of the game because shit just comes to them naturally.

e28makaveli

+1. Was just about to say that, this is what separates a natural born genius from an average footballer, while another player would need 2/3 seconds to think about the best way to dribble or find a pass it just comes to Messi in the blink of an eye. Also somewhat the case with Iniesta and Xavi, they seem to be 3 seconds ahead of the game because shit just comes to them naturally.
When I say thinking, I mean analyzing the game from a higher level of abstraction when he does NOT have the ball. Observe him closely, when he does not have the ball.

Now, when he has the ball, yes, it does come naturally. He knows what he needs to do. But this is what good footballers do well. Knowing what to do before and when you receive the ball. Exceptional footballers know what you have to do without the ball to make things happen. It is Messi's brilliant understanding and reading of the geometry around this sport that seperates him from Ronaldo. Same goes with Xavi.

E

estranged

Even THAT comes to him naturally IMO, and I'm not exaggerating either. Certain things are second nature to someone who was born to play the game, his movement off the ball as well. That brilliant understanding and reading of the geometry that you mention can not be taught in any football school, it can to a certain extent but in Messi's case it's a god given gift, something that only comes at birth.

e28makaveli

Even THAT comes to him naturally IMO, and I'm not exaggerating either. Certain things are second nature to someone who was born to play the game, his movement off the ball as well. That brilliant understanding and reading of the geometry that you mention can not be taught in any football school, it can to a certain extent but in Messi's case it's a god given gift, something that only comes at birth.
Oh, yes it can. But how well a student consumes this knowledge and applies it on the field is another story. For the sort of game Barca plays, they must teach some of these things at La Masia.

Transforming raw talent into real world results requires tremendous amouts of practice. Messi is sure gifted but he also works very hard to get better at what he does. So I would say it is a combination of his talent, attitude and work ethic that seperates him from the rest.

T

tariqo

17141865-lol-reaction.gif

M

mitkoa7x

we know that man but Myrmecophile may think ronaldinho is better :lol:

I hate it when people say Ronaldinho is the best player. He is truly one of the greatest talents to play the game, but definetly not THE best.

Butaan4barca

Was there not a quote from Ronnie any way a few years back saying Messi was the best

[On receiving the Ballon d’Or in 2006] “This award says I’m the best player in the world, but I’m not even the best player at Barcelona.”
“Leo Messi reminds me more of Maradona, both left-footed and short, Messi is the best player in the world, along with Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo. For us it is not a surprise. Since he began to come and train with us and we knew we would go down this path. Someday I will explain that I was at the birth of one of the footballing greats: Leo Messi." :worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans