10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanela

i am saying that messi should improve his passing for him to beocome the complete player and he has shown improvement every season and that is what i wish for him to improve.

For him to become the complete player he needs to improve his long-range shooting, Freekicks & heading, not passing (although he can & ll improve further)...His passing which is one of the most under-rated aspect of his game along with his dribbling, vision, awareness are all top notch for a 22 y.o IMO.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
Every big player has their own weaknesses. I do think messi will improve his passing, but as long as he could take his skill he has now further, it's enough. I never think maradona was a good passer. If maradona was a good passer, he would never took 6 englishmen to score "the magic goal" in WC '86. But, still he single-handedly gave argentina WC '86. So why bother? To see messi as a good passer is good, or some long range shooting, or free kick. But just take what he has now to a new height (i know he can, and i find my self shiver just to think of it), that's enough. That's even enough to take argentina to be WC champs, at least in 2014 WC.

There are no one in this world is perfect or complete, just take your own strength to even further.

Last edited:

maz

I walk the line
I agree with sammy. I disagree with these things that messi needs to improve on to be compelte. Does he need to be able to play in goal too? Or take long throw ins? He is not a one trick pony. He can do many things, and and he can do them well. If messi improves in certain departments then that's great. However he doesn't need to improve in those areas for me to consider him as complete.

zanela

MD are reporting tht Leo has won the Uefa club Best Forward & the MVP award while Xavi the Best Midfielder...:D...The awards ll be handed out tom.
I'm really glad these awards have gone to the deserving ones.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
reports saying messi gets a 300 million release clause in his contract :D unless someone goes nuts he is ours till he gets crappy :lol:

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Messi will never get crappy. When his footballing career is over the UFOs'll land to pick him up again and take him home.

Co0ter

Every big player has their own weaknesses. I do think messi will improve his passing, but as long as he could take his skill he has now further, it's enough. I never think maradona was a good passer. If maradona was a good passer, he would never took 6 englishmen to score "the magic goal" in WC '86. But, still he single-handedly gave argentina WC '86. So why bother? To see messi as a good passer is good, or some long range shooting, or free kick. But just take what he has now to a new height (i know he can, and i find my self shiver just to think of it), that's enough. That's even enough to take argentina to be WC champs, at least in 2014 WC.

There are no one in this world is perfect or complete, just take your own strength to even further.

I don't agree with you or the guy below you. Saying a player should just improve what he's best at instead of sharpening the other aspects of his game is exactly what makes the difference between a great player and a player whose name echoes through the ages.

Maradona was the type of player that wanted to make himself look good and was so talented that it was usually enough to make his team win. He is the type of player Cristiano Ronaldo is. Pele, Ronaldo, Ronaldino (all happen to be brasilian, weird?!) are unforgetable, brilliant players who individually stood out and barely had any faults, if any; however integrated with other players on a very high level as well.

Back to the point, saying Messi should only improve his strengths is a terrible idea. His dribbling/dexerity are out of this world, but if he can smoke 3-4 guys but not hit the back of the net or lay off the ball correctly then what is the point? Don't get me wrong, Messi is the best player in the world in my eyes, and is good at shooting/passing/dribbling, has vision and integrates great with the other players. He IS a COMPLETE footballer. However, improving his right footed shot and dribbling, along with a little pass work and head balls, would make him a much better player than further improving his strengths (speed, dribbling, balance). I'm confident he has the ability to do so as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans