1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Bobo32

Bobo would I be right in saying you believe Peps Barca can be recreated? If so it makes a lot of your points make sense. I?d absolutely disagree with it but it would make sense at least

Yeah somewhat, that would be the basic gestalt of what I want, although I am aware you can't be nostalgic, Pep himself was aware of that and changed a lot of stuff around just for change's sake.

But I think Xavi will bring something along the lines of Peps Barcelona, Bayern or City; control through posession and so on. I am positive towards that.

raedkuwait

Sorry but we are not winning shit as long as this guy is our keeper, as soon as he feels the game is important and will but us on top he will shit his pants and leek goals like a fishing net.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

second goal was really difficult to save, maybe a peak navas would have saved it but cant blame Stegen though. But there were a lot of shots which a barca keeper ahould jave saved

Barcilliant

Don't worry Ter Choker will concede a soft goal and the have the nerve to glare at his defense implying it's their fault.
Fucking media never seem to call him out. At another big club he would have been booted out two years ago.

Barcilliant

He is a joke. Watch the goals conceded by him against Liverpool and Roma. That first goal against Roma he should have been out like a flash cutting down Manduzikucs angles and options. Instead he stays in the same spot flopping around like a dying fish. For the third goal too he's not reading the play or commanding the box and Roma just send in a cross which is finished off by a good header but once again no where near the ball.
Liverpool was even worse. All four goals could have been saved. Especially when the he first second and fourth.
Most overrated keeper in football history. He's a Hoffenheim level keeper at best.

Messigician

The shit that pissed me off is ppl clown on Valverde so much but if Zodane had Ter Stegen he would have ZERO UCL trophies Navas was so clutch for them

Rory

"The Wall of Berlin" that's actually exactly right. The one that was knocked down..

Sometimes I think takes on here are bad but then you go to reddit barca and realise they're all barking mad.

Bobo32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NGR-c-hazE

Very nice and telling video. Worth so much! And look at Busquets perfect positioning and awareness!

Your previous talk about save% is stupid, it's all about what shots are taken. Barcelona should leave some 1v1 and then have the ball for most of the game, it's completely different to teams defending in 2 blocks around the area most of the games.

Rory

I think there's misunderstanding on what those against Ter Stegen mean. It's not that he never makes a save or that he isn't capable of a good save now and then it's 99% to do with him never having an elite level in the last 5 years, especially in the UCL. Not only that but in the UCL in particular he's been terrible, worse than a bottom half of the table keeper. This isn't the standard we should accept for a barca player.

Then when you realise he lets in most shots that he faces it makes it even harder to like the guy. He could be a more commanding goalkeeper and organise the defence better, this would lead to less clear chances against him. He could be better at coming out for corners and free kicks, this would result in less shots on goal. He could know when to rush out for a 1 v 1 this would close angles down quicker, making it harder for the opponent to score. All fair criticisms imo.

Home of Barca Fans