1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

I

instinct

It's insane how calm he is considering his age. Not only his interviews are a joy to listen to but today's performance proved that he probably will become the best goalkeeper in the world in future. Impressive saves and great distribution. I want him to be a starter for the NT as well (in a couple of years ofc) but I don't see Neuer giving up his throne in the foreseeable future.

Zangash

Banned
It's a decent save, though the recovery is what makes it impressive. But isn't the shot itself pretty much straight at him (but he moves anticipating)? So it's not like shouldn't have saved it....

It was close range and he started to jump in the wrong direction but managed to stick a hand out and kill the power on the shot, and managed to shift his weight in time to allow him to scramble back and push the ball away before it crossed the line.

Nothing about that save was "Decent".

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
MoM vs. Bayern. Looked like only one who cared in 2nd half and I am actually happy he didn't shy from yelling at his teammates.

Antimadridista1

If we win the Champions League, he truly deserves to be the starter for next season. He's above bravo in terms of pure goalkeeping and distribution. The only thing he lacks is the experience that the chilean has.

Fibonacci

It was close range and he started to jump in the wrong direction but managed to stick a hand out and kill the power on the shot, and managed to shift his weight in time to allow him to scramble back and push the ball away before it crossed the line.

Nothing about that save was "Decent".

Decent is made be an understatement I admit. But it was straight at him and he himself was to blame for having moved too early in the wrong direction (though I know you have to gamble to some extent, but it still only counts if it's the correct one). The recovery was excellent.

Yannik

I'm confident to say he has the best ball distribution in the world, better than neuer's.

i think that this is debatable. In the two games Neuer's distribution wasnt really shown because most of the passes he made were rather clearances in front of Barca-attackers, while Ter Stegen always had time and space to distribute amazing passes. I've watched many of Ter Stegens performances and I think that a debate about his distribution being better than Neuer's is absolutely reasonable, but before I'd agree to that I'd have to see more from him, especially his behaviour under pressure would be something that could make a difference.

Yannik

something for example where Neuer excells in comparison to Ter Stegen is that he needs half a second less to accurate passes, and also something that we shouldnt forget is that Neuer has ridiculous power in his arms and throws a ball like 60-70m wide and accurate Peyton Manning style. But I think that statistically Ter Stegen is more often involved into goals and counter this season, but this might be down to Barca midfielders winning surprisingly many decisive headers and Barca being quicker on the attack anyways. Time will tell how far he can go, i think that he still isnt fully settled because he's jsut playing CL and cup games and doesnt get the routine that Bravo has. I think that he will be undoubtly Barcas future no1 for like a decade.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
The amazing thing about MAtS is that he is both footed. He uses his left foot even for goal kicks and when he has enough time to use his stronger right foot. And his long balls are so smooth and therefore easy to control.
Neuer is better when sweeping to make clearances far away from goal and I would consider him a better shot stopper because his footwork is better and he is simply taller.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
It's a decent save, though the recovery is what makes it impressive. But isn't the shot itself pretty much straight at him (but he moves anticipating)? So it's not like shouldn't have saved it....

It was nothing short of miraculous, as zangash said, he was going in the opposite way and managed to stop and go back for it making a 1/100sec critical second save, while our defense stood there watching nonetheless.

I was kinda worried about him and especially the confidence (or lack of) for the big pressure games, but his performance today leaves me more than relaxed on that matter.

Caramel

:worthy: :worthy:

I like Bravo, but i have wanted Ter Stegen to be starter from the beginning. I hope the club makes the right decision next season.

alittlebitter

he's one for the future. bravo has been great for us in the league so I feel hesitant about dropping him for MAtS next season. it definitely feels great to have this dilemma though.

Home of Barca Fans