Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Let me start by saying that the quote you mentioned is irrelevant to the discussion.
FDJ being a vertical player is well documented and everyone knows it, I already mentioned it when he was still in Ajax and how it will be a problem for the whole team to adjust to it. And it will need time.
But at the moment, it isn't about getting the best out of Fenkie, who is already struggling as b2b, and has been a bad fit with both Pedri and Busquets too.
It is about covering the DM liability we have atm that is named Busquets.
He is essentially destroying both defense and midfield, for sake of circulating the ball and keeping possession against smaller team, while he can barely keep up with any decent side.

And more importantly, Xavi already played Frenkie as DM when Busquets wasn't available, and at 33 it is elder abuse that he starts every game unless he was suspended.
He is already Xavi's choice

Birdy is dim.

He didnt even realise Xavi played FDJ at DM ahead of likes of Nico and Garcia and just tries to spout more shite to make out he has a clue.

Would think he would learn by now how foolish he always looks in these little debates but always comes back for more.

Birdy

Aye Mallorca game where Garcia could have played DM and so could have Nico. Same one.

Those are players you claimed would play before FDJ DM and chose neither.

Why not Nico DM and FDJ in CM as usual?

Just waffle about injuries though eh.

Birdy: 'Xavi would play Nico or Garcia DM if Busquets out'.

In reality two league games ago...Busquets was out and Garcia played CB with Nico in CM.

Birdy makes it to easy to make himself look clueless.

Easy every time or Jammy to best him.

Omitted the part where I said Xavi didn't have enough fit players for the game.
But no surprise.
It's a Monday night usual for you.
Learn how to argue first
then learn to take the Ls when you lose
and then we can talk.

Don't reply back, I will block you

Birdy

Let me start by saying that the quote you mentioned is irrelevant to the discussion.
FDJ being a vertical player is well documented and everyone knows it, I already mentioned it when he was still in Ajax and how it will be a problem for the whole team to adjust to it. And it will need time.
But at the moment, it isn't about getting the best out of Fenkie, who is already struggling as b2b, and has been a bad fit with both Pedri and Busquets too.
It is about covering the DM liability we have atm that is named Busquets.
He is essentially destroying both defense and midfield, for sake of circulating the ball and keeping possession against smaller team, while he can barely keep up with any decent side.

And more importantly, Xavi already played Frenkie as DM when Busquets wasn't available, and at 33 it is elder abuse that he starts every game unless he was suspended.
He is already Xavi's choice

There might be a point in resting him, and many misplaced passes might be due to him playing 90' all the time.
Whether he is a liability is a different issue, I already submitted my view that the whole team struggles in transition, not only Busi.

But I think you concede the point, and have no reply to everything I brought up in my original post:
It's not only about Frenkie's best position.
Frenkie is not a DM, doesn't move like a DM, doesn't play the passes a DM should play, and doesn't fit at all the profile Xavi has in mind for the DM.
The fact that Xavi played him there in a game that could have been postponed because of lack of players, says nothing. Sorry.

Alternatives to Busi are not in the squad. There might be on the market, and that's not the job of the coach, but of the SD of the club.

JamDav1982

Omitted the part where I said Xavi didn't have enough fit players for the game.
But no surprise.
It's a Monday night usual for you.
Learn how to argue first
then learn to take the Ls when you lose
and then we can talk.

Don't reply back, I will block you

Nope.

Xavi had more than enough fit players to play Nico or Garcia DM you are speaking utter garbage as usual as caught out on nonsense.

Could easily have played FDJ in normal position and Nico DM when both played you numpty.

Same for Garcia and had options if wanted him DM.

As always end up in knots with own shite and make it too easy for Jammy.

JamDav1982

There might be a point in resting him, and many misplaced passes might be due to him playing 90' all the time.
Whether he is a liability is a different issue, I already submitted my view that the whole team struggles in transition, not only Busi.

But I think you concede the point, and have no reply to everything I brought up in my original post:
It's not only about Frenkie's best position.
Frenkie is not a DM, doesn't move like a DM, doesn't play the passes a DM should play, and doesn't fit at all the profile Xavi has in mind for the DM.
The fact that Xavi played him there in a game that could have been postponed because of lack of players, says nothing. Sorry.

Alternatives to Busi are not in the squad. There might be on the market, and that's not the job of the coach, but of the SD of the club.

Yet Xavi chose him at DM ahead of Nico and Garcia.

No amount of your clueless mumbling can say why didnt play Nico DM and FDJ CM with both played in game.

Go on though entertain me and give it a go.

Clueless as usual.

Birdy

First, you claim Frenkie can replace Busi at DM
Then, you are presenting with the facts that attest to the contrary, and Ten Haag's own words supporting that point.

Then, you don't immediately admit your L, and you are trying to play smart-ass by saying Ten Haag didn't say so and "only you know what he said" :lol:
When provided with the sources, you change your tune, and come up with a flat-earther reply that Ten Haag doesn't disagree with you, it's that we don't know how to read English.
Then, you become even more pathetic by resorting to "If Xavi doesn't have Busi, he will play Frenkie there", as if the original discussion was not about when both are available.
Then you set up a trap from a game that was 1 player close to getting cancelled to prove something, while in fact it proves nothing.

If all this above is not tons of knots you are in, then I don't know what is.
You are pathetic.
Take your L, STFU, and learn to remain silent.

PS: Not even seeing your posts, I have blocked you

JamDav1982

Birdy lad... go on and explain why Xavi chose FDJ at DM and Nico at CM when you claim he would rather play Nico as the DM.

Why would he not switch the two?

Give it a go. Cant wait.

Just post cliches about Ls when been schooled on every debate to date.

Blocked as cant answer when tied in knots.

Superb. Too easy once again.

Birdy

"This message is hidden because JamDav1982 is on your ignore list."

So sweet!
Now you get what you deserve

JamDav1982

Perfect.

Can expose Birdys nonsense in much more peace.

Much easier being blocked.

As if that is some kind of punishment...

He will be in such knots now he is going to start arguing with the 'ignore list' message he sees and claiming it as some win.

Watch this..

Messigician

It's done

🗣️[ @fansjavimiguel🥇] | Xavi has it clear: Busquets and ten other player. Sergio Busquets is not only the captain of FC Barcelona, ​​but also the extension of Xavi Hern?ndez on the pitch, according to the Egarense.

ajnotkeith

First, you claim Frenkie can replace Busi at DM
Then, you are presenting with the facts that attest to the contrary, and Ten Haag's own words supporting that point.

Then, you don't immediately admit your L, and you are trying to play smart-ass by saying Ten Haag didn't say so and "only you know what he said" :lol:
When provided with the sources, you change your tune, and come up with a flat-earther reply that Ten Haag doesn't disagree with you, it's that we don't know how to read English.
Then, you become even more pathetic by resorting to "If Xavi doesn't have Busi, he will play Frenkie there", as if the original discussion was not about when both are available.
Then you set up a trap from a game that was 1 player close to getting cancelled to prove something, while in fact it proves nothing.

If all this above is not tons of knots you are in, then I don't know what is.
You are pathetic.
Take your L, STFU, and learn to remain silent.

PS: Not even seeing your posts, I have blocked you

It's not about if Ten Hag thinks FDJ is exactly suited to DM, it's about we have a massive liability there that needs to be replaced now and even if not his natural role FDJ can fill in there.

Birdy

It's not about if Ten Hag thinks FDJ is exactly suited to DM, it's about we have a massive liability there that needs to be replaced now and even if not his natural role FDJ can fill in there.

FDJ is disappointing there and a liability offensively and in progressing play with passes,
so I have a hard time getting how all of you are so fixated with Busi that you fail to see we have no replacement.

Yes, if another coach with another system that plays a double pivot was around, and if, if, if, tons of ifs and other conditions were met, we could play without Busi.
But that's a reality as far away from the present as claiming Barca are CL contenders.
If Xavi gets fired, and we have a new manager, we can discuss again what the options are

ajnotkeith

FDJ is disappointing there and a liability offensively and in progressing play with passes,
so I have a hard time getting how all of you are so fixated with Busi that you fail to see we have no replacement.

Yes, if another coach with another system that plays a double pivot was around, and if, if, if, tons of ifs and other conditions were met, we could play without Busi.
But that's a reality as far away from the present as claiming Barca are CL contenders.
If Xavi gets fired, and we have a new manager, we can discuss again what the options are

I think the biggest thing is even if FDJ isn't that smooth with the ball his defensive work, stamina and energy is much more important to shield the defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans