Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

No he can't play DM as Ten Haag, who has tons more football expertise than you and has coached him, said.
No point in arguing with you. You don't even converse.
Go talk to your mirror.
Bye bye

Yes he can play DM and has for Barca on many occassions.

Ten Hag has never said he 'cant play there'.

I know the exact quote you will pull up and you dont even understand what is being argued.

Go find you some stats and prove yourself wrong in yet another debate on a player.

Easy win again as usual.

LRreal2

i was concerned with him chop and changing first 3 games but hopefuly with everone back and just Araujo-Pique-Busi triangle at the back we can watch the young guys play at pace up top.

thinking gavi right side and torres up top. or pedri as F9 with Torres RW. Ansu LW and Gavi ahead of FDJ.

Birdy

Yes he can play DM and has for Barca on many occassions.

Ten Hag has never said he 'cant play there'.

I know the exact quote you will pull up and you dont even understand what is being argued.

Go find you some stats and prove yourself wrong in yet another debate on a player.

Easy win again as usual.

No, you know shite as always.
The fact that you always start with ridiculous phrasings like "I know" without ever providing source for the tons of BS you type, is enough for someone to figure you out.
And, despite already quoting it, for the matter of fact, Ten Haag said: "Can you put him at six as the only link? He leaves the middle of the pitch too often for that. And if you don’t give him the freedom to go forward, you won’t get the best out of his game." source

Even without Ten Haag saying that, I have proved here with tons of stats that Frenkie can't play pivot. It's not his position.
I know for someone to understand the difference between a single and a double pivot with one mobile b2b, you need some football understanding, and you have none of it.

Then, take Ten Haag's words as claim to authority, and STFU.

It's always Ls for you.
I believe you haven't won a single argument after so many years and nearly 30,000 posts in here.
Pathetic Loser!

JamDav1982

Yip exact quote expected from Ten Hag and I completely agree with his quote.

It is not FDJ best position and if restrict him he is not playing to game that suits him. Read back. All been discussed.

I would sell FDJ before having him as the lone 6 and not able to move up park but for now need alternatives to Busquets.

Your stats show nothing as usual as they did with Semedo, Dest, Mingueza, Arthur, Depay and Braithwaite.

Maybe your stats will work in your favour one day.

Clueless.

Last edited:

Birdy

Yip exact quote expected from Ten Hag and I completely agree with his quote.

It is not FDJ best position and if restrict him he is not playing to game that suits him. Read back. All been discussed.

I would sell FDJ before having him as the lone 6 and not able to move up park but for now need alternatives to Busquets.

Your stats show nothing as usual as they did with Semedo, Dest, Mingueza, Depay and Braithwaite.

Maybe your stats will work in your favour one day.

Clueless.

You are an idiot, my dude.
Ten Hag said he WOUD NOT play FDJ as a single 6. You claim the opposite, as ignorant as you are.
There is no point in getting into reasons why, you would never understand.
Take it at face value

Suck it up then, and stay silent

JamDav1982

You are an idiot, my dude.
Ten Hag said he WOUD NOT play FDJ as a single 6. You claim the opposite, as ignorant as you are.
There is no point in getting into reasons why, you would never understand.
Take it at face value

Suck it up then, and stay silent

He said if you play him there and restrict his movement you lose many of his best attributes. Which have always said.

Xavi would chose to play FDJ at DM ahead of anyone else if Busquets is injured as other coaches have and has never been some huge failure or roaming up park leaving spaces as he would at Ajax.

You might be right on a plyer some day.

Doubt this is it though.

The 'idiot' who argued against your stats on Semedo, Dest, Mingueza, Arthur, Braithwaite and Depay.

Taking so many Ls to an 'idiot'.

Ouch.

Birdy

Xavi would chose to play FDJ at DM ahead of anyone else if Busquets is injured as other coaches have and has never been some huge failure or roaming up park leaving spaces as he would at Ajax.

Oh yeah?
Says who?
You? with your football 'understanding'?

I bet if Busi becomes unavailable Xavi would play Nico there or even Eric Garcia, than Frenkie.
Yes, Frenkie has been a failure the few minutes he ever played there for Barca, and there is a reason 4 coaches so far at Barca, haven't played him there.

Take the L, and STFU.

JamDav1982

Oh yeah?
Says who?
You? with your football 'understanding'?

I bet if Busi becomes unavailable Xavi would play Nico there or even Eric Garcia, than Frenkie.
Yes, Frenkie has been a failure the few minutes he ever played there for Barca, and there is a reason 4 coaches so far at Barca, haven't played him there.

Take the L, and STFU.

Says Xavi the last time Busquets missed a game.

You are clueless as usual.

Go see the Mallorca game numpty.

Try again.

No FDJ hasnt been a failure and all coaches have chosen him as Busi replacement at DM near enough.

Wrong as usual.

Yes my football understanding that argued with your praise and stats on Semedo, Dest, Mingueza, Arthur, Depay and Braithwaite.

Same understanding.

You might be right on one eventuallly.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

And then, NO he can't play Frenkie there.
As if Frenkie ever played as single pivot, or as if he ever showed potential to play there :lol:
One of the best coaches out there, Erik Ten Hag, when asked whether Frenkie can play pivot, said in 2019:
"He leaves the middle of the pitch too often for that. And if you don?t give him the freedom to go forward, you won?t get the best out of his game."
Which is nothing other than spot on. Frenkie either as libero or as box to box has shown potential precisely because of his on and off the ball drives.
It's a complete misunderstanding of the players skills to think he can play as pivot.

I have criticized Busi many times, and his flaws, but it's clearer than daylight that the way Xavi sees football, Busi will never be dropped.
And that he has no replacement of him in his squad with similar football skills

Let me start by saying that the quote you mentioned is irrelevant to the discussion.
FDJ being a vertical player is well documented and everyone knows it, I already mentioned it when he was still in Ajax and how it will be a problem for the whole team to adjust to it. And it will need time.
But at the moment, it isn't about getting the best out of Fenkie, who is already struggling as b2b, and has been a bad fit with both Pedri and Busquets too.
It is about covering the DM liability we have atm that is named Busquets.
He is essentially destroying both defense and midfield, for sake of circulating the ball and keeping possession against smaller team, while he can barely keep up with any decent side.

And more importantly, Xavi already played Frenkie as DM when Busquets wasn't available, and at 33 it is elder abuse that he starts every game unless he was suspended.
He is already Xavi's choice as back up, time to be brave and make him get run of games

Last edited:

Birdy

You are clueless as usual.

Go see the Mallorca game numpty.

Try again.

No FDJ hasnt been a failure and all coaches have chosen him as Busi replacement at DM near enough.

Wrong as usual.

Yes my football understanding that argued with your praise and stats on Semedo, Dest, Mingueza, Arthur, Depay and Braithwaite.

Same understanding.

You might be right on one eventuallly.

The Mallorca game? When Xavi didn't even have enough players to play LOL :lol:
Even fuckin' Puig played that night.
Def. a game to validate coach's intentions.

No, it's a huge L for you.
As if 4 coaches already not playing FDJ at DM isn't enough of a proof

JamDav1982

Aye Mallorca game where Garcia could have played DM and so could have Nico. Same one.

Those are players you claimed would play before FDJ DM and chose neither.

Why not Nico DM and FDJ in CM as usual?

Just waffle about injuries though eh.

Birdy: 'Xavi would play Nico or Garcia DM if Busquets out'.

In reality two league games ago...Busquets was out and Garcia played CB with Nico in CM.

Birdy makes it to easy to make himself look clueless.

Easy every time or Jammy to best him.

Last edited:

Rory

I'd rather have a dm in Frenkie who leaves his position to go forward at strategic times than Busi who leaves his position to press pointless players and dropping any defensive responsibility in the process. Busquets can't and won't put in the effort to track back if caught out high up the pitch whereas Frenkie can actually get back.

If Xavi isn't creative enough to come up with an alternative formation and tactics to get the best out of players not named Busquets then fire him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans