Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

I wonder if Koeman stays, where will Xavi goes?
Or he will just take a year off?

PS: Catalan media is denying it, but Alkass channel is reporting it (basically it is bein channel concerned with Qatari league)

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Fake news guys.

Nothing has changed regarding Xavi?s situation. He has Al Sadd?s renewal offer until 2023 and is set to sign it soon, but there is the clause which will allow him to leave for Barcelona in case he is offered a position (via @EduPolo)

Birdy

Rumour is that he has been disappointing in the Asian CL thus far.

Don't know, but if it's a reason enough to get sacked from a club of a mickey mouse football country, where does this leave the argument about Xavi being an instant success at Barca??

Andresito

Staff member
Rumour is that he has been disappointing in the Asian CL thus far.

Don't know, but if it's a reason enough to get sacked from a club of a mickey mouse football country, where does this leave the argument about Xavi being an instant success at Barca??

He's not getting sacked ffs.

Farripas

Even if he's getting sacked, not having CL success in that club, does not mean he won't be successfull at Barcelona.

And i surely prefer being unsuccessfull with Xavi and the Barca style, than not having success with Koeman or Valverde or Tata Martino...

jairzinho

Even if he's getting sacked, not having CL success in that club, does not mean he won't be successfull at Barcelona.

And i surely prefer being unsuccessfull with Xavi and the Barca style, than not having success with Koeman or Valverde or Tata Martino...

Him getting sacked at that mickey mouse outfit is proof he's not ready to take the reigns at any top club let alone Barca.

I prefer winning. Of course i want beautiful football aswell but what's the point in having majority possession and playing attractive if you're not winning?

Birdy

Honestly putting Koeman on the same sentence with Ernie and Tata blows my mind away...

Open your eyes and see what football we have been playing the last 3 months and compare it to the football of the gloomy days of Ernie and Tata

Farripas

Him getting sacked at that mickey mouse outfit is proof he's not ready to take the reigns at any top club let alone Barca.

I prefer winning. Of course i want beautiful football aswell but what's the point in having majority possession and playing attractive if you're not winning?

I too prefer winning. But i was talking about not winning with one style versus the other.

And as for him getting sacked meaning he's not ready, i disagree. I would love to see Xavi at the helm.

Farripas

Honestly putting Koeman on the same sentence with Ernie and Tata blows my mind away...

Open your eyes and see what football we have been playing the last 3 months and compare it to the football of the gloomy days of Ernie and Tata

We haven't been setting the world on fire. And we're bipolar. We play well one half and bad the other. Don't get me wrong, i agree that the other two were worse, but i still find Koeman bad as he was with Benfica in 2006.

Bobo32

There are less players lacking Barca-DNA in todays squad compared to Ernies squad, but I want to say the same - open your eyes. The football is far from great under Koeman, it's mostly unimaginative and predictable build up, playing mostly on the outside, and then sometimes they arrive at good positions out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans