FC Barcelona B

Porque

Jutgla is so far their only real success, Abde is a bench player on Osasuna and he might end up like many La Masia kids who leave for free and percentage of future sale.

Started yesterday and was starting pre injury mind you.

He is someone we paid 2m for that should fetch 10m. Well let's see how the second half season goes and if we missed the window or not.

As I said before, were not the best at neither timing of sales nor price of sales. And that and the strategy has to change with our budgetary issues and the amount of money EPL clubs can pay.

But not if we play a dated type of football that only benefits 1% of the worlds footballers and devalues the other 99%>

JamDav1982

The EPL money has a clear impact but Napoli dont have that money, neither do Inter, Porto, Brugge, Benfica, Frankfurt, AC Milan, Leipzig, Dortmund etc all of who are in last 16 of the CL.

Those teams dont put pressure on themselves to win every season and make short sighted decisions. But at Barca coaches and board always do that and it needs to stop.

I think most Barca fans would have accepted a slower rebuild and not instant success being the aim with younget players with potential being brought in to build on what is already there but the board will never do that. No board does.

JamDav1982

We were told we should sell what's already there, pedri, gavi and the likes and start all over....

Yes as opposed to 50 years of levers that you thought was right way to go...

Which after you claimed that the board came out and said would be terrible for long term of club.

But even then... selling Pedri, Gavi, Araujo and FDJ etc for big money could have been better if club allowed for rebuilding and to avoid 25 year hit.

jamrock

Yes as opposed to 50 years of levers that you thought was right way to go...

Which after you claimed that the board came out and said would be terrible for long term of club.

But even then... selling Pedri, Gavi, Araujo and FDJ etc for big money could have been better if club allowed for rebuilding and to avoid 25 year hit.

So should we have kept what we had & built around them or sell them all.

The selling TV rights is irrelevant, which of the two strategies would you have used, instead of selling TV rights.

Can't have them both, sell everyone or kept the young stars.

JamDav1982

So should we have kept what we had & built around them or sell them all.

The selling TV rights is irrelevant, which of the two strategies would you have used, instead of selling TV rights.

Can't have them both, sell everyone or kept the young stars.

If the option was 50 years of levers like you thought was correct decisions I would 100% of sold off players and rebuilt

If it is the 25 years on deal they got it is closer decision and not as clear cut but could have worked for long term if prepared to rebuild.

Way went have to be success now thats what it was sold on.

jamrock

If the option was 50 years of levers like you thought was correct decisions I would 100% of sold off players and rebuilt

If it is the 25 years on deal they got it is closer decision and not as clear cut but could have worked for long term if prepared to rebuild.

Way went have to be success now thats what it was sold on.

Lol okay

ajnotkeith

We were told we should sell what's already there, pedri, gavi and the likes and start all over....

It's questionable if we really even needed Lewandowski/Raphinha and would say those two have been little to no improvement on what was already there. Would probably be seeing similar results with Auba in this system which doesn't really ask much of the striker other than poaching goals and occupying defenders.

Kounde/Christensen have been good signings but perhaps not worth selling off club assets, could have done with a sale of Gavi or Pedri and tried to get amigos off books focusing on long-term financial health. Barca will carry pull for a while yet, just need to get financials in order.

jamrock

It's questionable if we really even needed Lewandowski/Raphinha and would say those two have been little to no improvement on what was already there. Would probably be seeing similar results with Auba in this system which doesn't really ask much of the striker other than poaching goals and occupying defenders.

Kounde/Christensen have been good signings but perhaps not worth selling off club assets, could have done with a sale of Gavi or Pedri and tried to get amigos off books focusing on long-term financial health. Barca will carry pull for a while yet, just need to get financials in order.

Lewa is significantly better than Auba, so to even start the topic their is a no go for me, Auba has been average for years now, has a bit of a purple patch, no evidence to suggest it would continue, he can't even get a game at Chelsea, raphinha yea he needs time.

Kounde is a great buy.

But anyways the point I was making in the above was, do we keep all out youngsters or do we sell them to rebuild, can't have it both ways.

jamrock

Lol nah its just funny to me how your opinions jump all over the place for you to feel you are on the right side of even the smallest most irrelevant topics here lol.

We should sell everyone
Oh wait we should keep them & rebuild.

Two polar opposite strategies.

JamDav1982

Lol nah its just funny to me how your opinions jump all over the place for you to feel you are on the right side of even the smallest most irrelevant topics here lol.

We should sell everyone
Oh wait we should keep them & rebuild.

Two polar opposite strategies.

Opinions never changed.

When the levers were said to be sold for 50 years I said on that terms terrible deal to extent would be better off selling star players than that as a point of just how bad that deal was... you argued otherwise and as thought board were going down that route it was way to go.

A few days later Barca board came out and said it was a terrible deal for club and would not accept it.

When the levers were changed to 25 years and on better terms it becomes a decision then to take levers.. but in my opinion should be with longer term aims and not all with immediate success.

There is still the option to sell players even then if believe the levers and 200m odd that could be spent was not beneficial enough in market to make 25 years of hit worth it.

None of that opinion has changed. Been same all way through.

Try again.

Home of Barca Fans