Marco Verratti

serghei

What is ability to do something? I mean football is a team sport. You are basically making the same argument that is used against Messi. "he can't win a WC".
I mean I can get it with Verratti since he is playing in France which isn't close to other top leagues and his performance in CL left a lot to be desired.But Suarez was already a top 3 striker in the world and he needed nothing to prove that time. He proved it in top 2 league and almost lead them to league title but he can't do it all by himself.

Also I won't take Verratti staying in PSG against him, he was 2nd division player when they purchased him, and to force his way out he had to stay underpaid for at least 3 years. No one is gonna make that sacrifice in a team spending zillions to win CL while living in Paris

PS: I think Kroos is overrated a bit,great player but his lack of defensive ability and he doesn't cover that much of ground either. Many RM fans I know get frustrated from him many times and I've yet to see any of them rate him above Modric.

I don't believe I am. When people say about Messi that he can't win a World Cup they are way too specific. I am not demanding specific things to consider players world class. Just that they confirm their ability at the highest level, that's it. I can understand why Suarez is considered world class by many people, for what he did at Liverpool and also at Uruguay, but for me, he needed that step that he made when he joined Barcelona to fully embrace that level of playing football consistently. EPL is not enough. Which is why I don't consider Kane to be word class as of now.

Ability to do something is about players who are capable of playing at a higher level but aren't at the moment because of different factors. Verratti can stay at PSG until he's 30 for all I care, it's just that Thiago Silva was a great talent at CB who was pretty much wasted at PSG for what should have been his peak years. Had he done differently, we could be talking in a different way about him.

Modric is more of a rounded midfielder, Kroos is more attacking and doesn't cover as much ground. The difference between a 6 and an 8. As far as passing is concerned, Kroos is the one from Madrid who swtiches up the play a lot with many diagonal balls. This is a great asset in Madrid's game, as they use the wings with Marcelo and Carvajal a lot, especially with Carvajal who plays like a more classic fullback, and has a great cross delivery when in space. A player like Kroos gives them quick access on the wings in one move. That's golden imo, and Kroos is the one who does that most. Having a player who can pass the ball with dead on accuracy with a great 60m. pass that lands 99% of the time right on the wing player's preffered foot spares you of 2-3 extra passes. That amount of time that you win by having a player with the passing range of Kroos is the difference in many cases. Imo he's just a supreme passer, and he has areas of his game where he even is superior to Modric. Kroos and Modric are a bit like Iniesta and Xavi.

Last edited:

jamrock

The verrati talking is getting OD now, if he wanted to play for us he wouldn't have signed a new contract, plus he is good but not as good as the board makes it seems, like he is the only real option in Medfield, move on and keep what we already have which is a over stacked midfield and wait until next season for thiago baby!

CatalinR10

Yeah it is too much. Giving away 2 players plus 70M is crazy no matter who that player is.

gomes is trash and rakitic is far away from the quality he had in 1st season with Barca . If somehow the nasser dude asks 70 mil + these 2 players , it's more than fair to me , not crazy at all since it's Veratti we're talking about .

he could potentially be a legendary midfielder for us , no point in going cheap when it comes to him.

Some of you were complaining about getting Suarez for 80 mil when he was/is the best striker in the world when in form.

Galning

It is the summer of 2029, Barça fans are still hopeful of landing Verratti from PSG. Meanwhile Bartomeu is TRYING (we can't even sign the guy straight up :lol:) to sign Paulinho.

God Serena

Busi playing DM is a bit like Messi playing RW. That's actually on paper. In reality, his inluence goes well beyond that position. He is a DLP, deep lying playmaker if you wanna tag him with a position.

I spent a while trying to figure out what kind of mental gymnastics you're trying to pull here and I've finally figured it out. You're Donald Trumping me.

Saying we have better midfielders than Verratti and then only listing Busquets and saying he's also a good midfielder despite being a CM is like saying we have better defenders than Semedo and saying those defenders are Pique and Umtiti because they're also good with passing and joining the attack. It's completely nonsensical. Busquets being a good or better midfielder than Verratti doesn't mean Verratti isn't needed or that he's overrated.

Icarium

Lifestealer
gomes is trash and rakitic is far away from the quality he had in 1st season with Barca . If somehow the nasser dude asks 70 mil + these 2 players , it's more than fair to me , not crazy at all since it's Veratti we're talking about .

he could potentially be a legendary midfielder for us , no point in going cheap when it comes to him.

Some of you were complaining about getting Suarez for 80 mil when he was/is the best striker in the world when in form.

Verratti is also injury prone. If we sign him at max it should be 100M. 150M for a midfielder is stupid even in the current market.

CatalinR10

reminder that we payed over or around 100 mil for gomes , paco and arda and what did they do besides being being flops ? It would have been much better to spend that ammount of Pogba or anyother top tier midfielder rather than buying 3 flops.

you guys sound really cheap when coming to doing transfers that we need , in the end it's about quality not quantity

DISSAPOINTED

Icarium

Lifestealer
First we don't have that much money to spend. If we do send Rakitic and Gomes we might need to sign a decent replacement. That will cost again. Rakitic plus 70M is as far as Barca will go probably. Gomes will not be sold, we just got him. With any luck we can sell him for the amount we bought him. With Mendes being his agent I have hope.

Home of Barca Fans