• rome

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters

alex 10

what champions league win did you prefer against man utd:

ROME

or

WEMBLEY

wembley me because off our history with the stadium the perfomance and the story with abidal

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Rome for me was sweeter as Manure had higher expectations then...............

Plus I was told back then before the final by numerous mancs than Michael Carrick was the 2nd most complete midfielder on earth.......

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The significance of the win at Wembley, the competition & the road to get there makes it sweeter, for me...However, I really hated the way the venue organized a few things...The benches were too far from the pitch - isn't this a footy stadium??...Plus, the trophy presentation in those narrow aisles among the UEFA suits?...Hated it...Finally, the celebratory pose with the trophy confetti etc.?...Much more impressive in Rome, IMO - had a really distinctive feel of glory...The Wembley celebrations were a lot weaker, for me

Blaugrana dude

I have to say Wembley because of our history with the venue, and this game was a much better one overall. However I still love the Rome final as the "pundits" were expecting us to be trashed by Manchester United and we just pretty much made them look like idiots. Also Messi breaking his "not scoring against an English club" curse and Eto'o leaving Vidic for dead were priceless. There should be a "both" option in this poll imo.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's enjoyable from the perspective of Graeme Souness too, btw...Watch his commentary for the Rome Final and compare it to this one, he's now effusive in his praise of Barca...Before, he had the look of your typical English pundit who was incapable of recognizing greatness outside of England

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
beat two English teams, one in their own backyard... And most important of it all, kicked some Madrid ass :lol:

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Rome was special, in the sense that it was Guardiola's first year as a coach and a team that had lost its sharpness during the two previous years. It was an IMMENSE achievement then, and despite of some saying that Pep inherited an insanely talented team, nothing can be taken away from his achievements during that CL win.

However, this year we had a star-studded Madrid under Mourinho, making it all more difficult for us to progress further. The roads towards this CL final (and a win) was much harder and rockier due to the fact that teams had already gotten used to the way we play. And not only that, but teams knew there was a way to beat us. Yet, regardless of all the aforementioned we came through and at the end won with a point to prove for a lot of our critics.

Then of course there is the significance of winning at Wembley. I think the players knew it, the coaching staff knew and the fans knew what it would mean to win and lift that trophy in such a stadium as Wembley. I would never have had the courage of even dreaming of such around a decade ago.

Birdy

Easy one.. Rome!
acknowledging everything said before about webley, BUT :

1) treble year, first guardiola year, immense achievement..

2) For iniesta shot in stamford birdge, touching the impossible..

3) For beating the best team besides us in Europe back then, CL holders, a fearful side, going unbeaten from May 2007 to that day in Europe.. and also playing attacking football..
This year's united was much different, much defense-oriented and cautious looking to counter. Plus, the gap now is very big between us than in 2009. Yesterday's win was a necessity and failinf would be suicide.. That time it was a fight, and we won the fight!!

Tezemery

It was great to win the treble and humble man utd in Rome but i think the performance and all the stuff behind the victory (defeating a discusting madrid side, all that abidal went through etc) made the victory in wembley better for me.

dalitis8

Banned
In Rome we made a point that we're the best on earth,

In London we confirmed it.

So both are equally important...that's what i would say.

beat two English teams, one in their own backyard... And most important of it all, kicked some Madrid ass :lol:

It seems that we have made a habit of beating EPL teams, which says quite a lot really.

After defeats at the hands of Liverpool and Man Utd. we have have created a nice streak against the best league in the world.

Victories over Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Arsenal and United on the trot...I wonder when was the last time that a team achieved something like that.

Home of Barca Fans