Raheem Sterling

Zidane82

No end product is an exaggeration but does waste a lot of good opportunities. Seems to have got back in some form though recently.

Well I have seen him miss sooo many sitters , scuffed so many chances , run into so many dead ends that I cannot abide him

Mateka

There are aspects of Sterling’s play that I find frustrating. But what do I know? Who is the player that Pep has picked the most? Sterling.

Sterling 264 games
Ederson 219 games
Messi 210 games

Mateka

What about the last 50 City games

In looking at his last 50 games that takes us into last season. Pep still played him in 49 matches. Averaging over 75 mins on the pitch. There are aspects of his game that frustrate. He has not been preferred so much this season by Pep. But last night v Aston Villa he played really well. He looked to be getting back to his best.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Hat trick against Norwich yesterday. Been absolutely amazing the last few months.

Have you seen the three goals ?

First was a half decent shot that took a massive deflection, second was a header on the goal line and the third was another tap in .. running in after his own poorly struck penalty.

Probably the worst hattrick in history .

He would get slaughtered here for his lack of technique.

When Mahrez gets a long cross field ball fired at him he kills it dead with one touch .. Sterling lets it bounce off his stomach ....

ajnotkeith

First was a half decent shot that took a massive deflection, second was a header on the goal line and the third was another tap in .. running in after his own poorly struck penalty.

When Mahrez gets a long cross field ball fired at him he kills it dead with one touch .. Sterling lets it bounce off his stomach ....

Trust me, we aren't in a position to nit pick over if someone scored a 'good' hat-trick or not :lol:

He also won EPL POTM in December too. I wonder what will be good enough for you to prove this player's worth? Prime Messi performances?

Zidane82

Trust me, we aren't in a position to nit pick over if someone scored a 'good' hat-trick or not :lol:

He also won EPL POTM in December too. I wonder what will be good enough for you to prove this player's worth? Prime Messi performances?

He is a nice enough guy but I cannot stand him as a player.. horrendous technique.. he is fast with a low centre of gravity and can cause a bit of chaos but he is completely unpredictable- we have Adema for that .
Even yesterday he constantly dribbled past the first guy but ran into a dead end or got tackled by the second defender . He has not progressed since he was about 19.

He scores tap ins continually supplied by KDB , Bernardo Silva , Mahrez , Gudongen and Cancelo etc

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

Totally agree, and without City's supporting cast Sterling would really suffer. He's probably the least skilled City player on the pitch these days.

Home of Barca Fans