Raheem Sterling

Zidane82

Grealish is an average player that just happend to get born in England and so he was hyped and overrated as half of their Players.
That pricetag is there just because he is eng nationality.

Maybe you should watch him play before making observations..

Guessing you think Busqs is rubbish as well ?

Catta

I will go with the opinions of every decent soccer pundit and ex player who rave about Sterling and his importance to City and England .

The opinions of a few clueless keyboard warriors is completely worthless.

I replaced some names from your own quote. Just using your logic.

Also don't forget that Sterling is praised and played every game by the greatest manager in the world. Or do you believe that you know more than Pep.

JamDav1982

Also don't forget that Sterling is praised and played every game by the greatest manager in the world. Or do you believe that you know more than Pep.

Made this point to the simpleton in the past.

Still comes out with his 'coaches cant be wrong' quote and contradicts himself though.

fergus90

Maybe you should watch him play before making observations..

Guessing you think Busqs is rubbish as well ?

I was actually in the crowd when he made his debut for Villa and have watched him live quite literally almost 200 times. But to compare his effectiveness as a LW to Sterling is a non-starter. He never will have the goal or assist output. It’s not his game and never will be.

I said at the time I’ve no idea why City would splash 100 mill in that position on him when they have players there just as or more capable.

Zidane82

He was not playing when Grealish and Foden were flying

iniestaGOAT

Grealish has barely played all season and not cause of injury when he has he had dropped disaster class.

Only reason he was even starting was cause sterling was looking for a way out. He won't replace him when he returns.

Zidane82

I think Sterling is back now, a great goal against sporting and a hat trick last weekend. Would massively improve our front line and I'll always pick him over Ferran.

That hattrick was the scruffiest ever .. a deflected shot , a header on the goal line and a one metre tap in after he messed up a penalty and it bounced back to him

Zidane82

Grealish has barely played all season and not cause of injury when he has he had dropped disaster class.

Only reason he was even starting was cause sterling was looking for a way out. He won't replace him when he returns.

He was injured on international duty .. before Xmas sometime..
He is currently out with a reoccurrence of a shin injury..

Zidane82

I think Sterling is back now, a great goal against sporting and a hat trick last weekend. Would massively improve our front line and I'll always pick him over Ferran.

This was in the press just a month or so ago.

##

Raheem Sterling has made more substitute appearances in the Premier League this season than he made in each of his last three seasons at Manchester City .And that is not coincidental. It is the result of a progressive loss of form that has persisted from last season.

It is hard to pinpoint a particular reason why the winger is struggling at City. Especially as he is doing well for England. But he does seem like a player lacking motivation. He is not connecting with his manager at the level they both were a few seasons back.

iniestaGOAT

He was injured on international duty .. before Xmas sometime..
He is currently out with a reoccurrence of a shin injury..

Hes been benched a lot of games even before the injury.

I had him on my fantasy team trust me I know he sat on the bench doing nothing with his fat ass

ajnotkeith

This was in the press just a month or so ago.

##

Raheem Sterling has made more substitute appearances in the Premier League this season than he made in each of his last three seasons at Manchester City .And that is not coincidental. It is the result of a progressive loss of form that has persisted from last season.

It is hard to pinpoint a particular reason why the winger is struggling at City. Especially as he is doing well for England. But he does seem like a player lacking motivation. He is not connecting with his manager at the level they both were a few seasons back.
?Against Sporting, the intensity of his movements? they were magnificent. It is what Raheem has done over many, many years together.

?In terms of stats and the national team and becoming a key player for us - and for me personally - I am very glad he is back to his best because we need him.?

"He has been an incredibly important player in all these seasons, with all the goals and assists, and when he has confidence he's a really, really important player."

Guess who said this?

serghei

That's the advantage of City money and Pep though. If someone is having a down in form, others will get more motivated to play, and will get in. And when those others start to dip as well - no one is that consistent, Sterling who was sitting on the bench more than usual lately gets back into form and starts again, and so on.

That's why Pep doesn't want stars. If you bench those stars even when they play like shit, all hell is gonna break loose. With stars, you have to tough it out when they play like shit and hope they get it back on sooner rather than later. While playing.

So, I don't buy that Pep wanted washed-up Messi or Ronaldo.

ajnotkeith

That's the advantage of City money and Pep though. If someone is having a down in form, others will get more motivated to play, and will get in. And when those others start to dip as well - no one is that consistent, Sterling who was sitting on the bench more than usual lately gets back into form and starts again, and so on.

That's why Pep doesn't want stars. If you bench those stars even when they play like shit, all hell is gonna break loose. With stars, you have to tough it out when they play like shit and hope they get it back on sooner rather than later. While playing.

So, I don't buy that Pep wanted washed-up Messi or Ronaldo.

Sterling, Rodri, KdB etc are stars for sure according to their ability. Just for some reason not recognised in pop culture and the media.

Sterling's City numbers : 123 goals and 91 assists in 323 games. Outside of Messi or prime Neymar it's difficult to find wingers who produce/produced more than that.

Home of Barca Fans