Ronald Koeman

fergus90

I don’t see us losing the final being the biggest swaying factor in him being dismissed. Although losing out on the league too might seal his fate.

Richard.H

I think he's staying if he wins the Copa alone. However not so sure if he loses both competitions. I have a gut feeling that Laporta is not very fond of him and would want to get rid of any Bartomeu appointments in the club.

Birdy

He should stay regardless...

With the improvement he has managed to effect in only 6 months time, it will be a crime to let him go because he didn't win titles.
Plus, if the team keep moving in that trajectory with a few crucial if not marquee summer additions, we should claim domestic double next season and CL semis at least.

Who knows what Laporta thinks.
But at least he phoned Koeman directly after the Nagelsman rumours came out to reassure him.

Horatio

You're welcome
If Laporta wants Koeman out because he was appointed by Bartomeu we are in deep deep trouble. Personally don't think Laporta is that childish though and will judge Koeman on his merit.

Barcilliant

I think he's staying if he wins the Copa alone. However not so sure if he loses both competitions. I have a gut feeling that Laporta is not very fond of him and would want to get rid of any Bartomeu appointments in the club.

If this continues to be the trend at this club we are fucked. Koeman has done a a very good job in a very difficult, transition season. He needs to be given another season regardless of the results.
It's laughable that some think we would have won cl if we had another coach. The squad has too many holes in it and that is not Koemans fault.
We need a minimum of three very good players. A cb, b2b midfielder and a striker.
I would get another keeper too because I

am sick of choker Ter Stegen.
I repeat Xavi or Naglesman won't be able to fix this situation. If Koeman is sacked we'll end up with someone like Blanc.

soul24rage

For me, I would still keep Koeman regardless of what happens as he's done the hardest part that a manager can do, building a team while incorporating young new players.

Next season should be the season Koeman should be judged imo.

Porque

If Laporta has a strong managerial candidate to take the job this summer, then he may want to start his 4 or so year project right now rather than wait a year. Laporta become President in similar circumstances in 2003 where Radi Antic had built up a lot of goodwill and form, and many Barcelona fans wanted him to continue. Instead Laporta went with his manager which worked out well.

I'm in favour of Koeman staying, I like how he has bleeded in the youth players and how we had an exodus of seniors last summer. I am keen to see that continue next season. But if Laporta has no interest in changing any of the old guard this Summer (Alba, Busquets, Pique, Messi... Sergi Roberto) then realistically next season is not the continuation of a transition season. So might aswell bring in the manager and signings for his tenure as early as possible.

Joan

If Koeman loeses almost all big matches this season, Laporta will have a strong case against him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If Laporta has a strong managerial candidate to take the job this summer, then he may want to start his 4 or so year project right now rather than wait a year. Laporta become President in similar circumstances in 2003 where Radi Antic had built up a lot of goodwill and form, and many Barcelona fans wanted him to continue. Instead Laporta went with his manager which worked out well.

I'm in favour of Koeman staying, I like how he has bleeded in the youth players and how we had an exodus of seniors last summer. I am keen to see that continue next season. But if Laporta has no interest in changing any of the old guard this Summer (Alba, Busquets, Pique, Messi... Sergi Roberto) then realistically next season is not the continuation of a transition season. So might aswell bring in the manager and signings for his tenure as early as possible.

Project already started. We're playing like in the olden days under guidance of Cruyff's disciple. Good football and plenty of playing time for the kids.

:araujo: :mingueza: :dest: :ilaix: :pedri:

Would be even better if Koeman didn't come in such a mesd and with hands tied getting stuck with some useless "athletes" and being unable to bring anyone of his liking to fit into system.

Birdy

^
This...

Next season under Koeman will see Pedri, Ansu, Dest, Migueza being even more prominent and Araujo, Moriba getting more involved. With Dembele and Frenkie being already solid starters, you have a very young core then.

It's more worrying that hierarchy wants to renew players like Sergi Roberto, when Minqueza and Dest have already eclipsed him.
Koeman started the transition, he should oversee at least the first part of it.

Porque

I agree with you, and am in favour of him continuing.

There is also the concern that the sporting direction do not want to appease not only Koeman's signings (which in some cases is understandable as Koeman is not scouting) but also his profiles (Koeman want a midfielder, while the board/SD don't) then that is a worry.

But if for example Xavi will come and continue the integration of this new generation while also fitting the new sporting project, then I'm not going to fight against it. Because it has its logic.

Alot depends on tomorrow's Copa outcome for me, which as mentioned before has had alot of unnecessary speculation added onto it.

If Koeman loses two finals to Bilbao, added to the manner of the CL exit and loses LaLiga then alot of the goodwill is f
Gone.

Bobo32

If this continues to be the trend at this club we are fucked. Koeman has done a a very good job in a very difficult, transition season. He needs to be given another season regardless of the results.
It's laughable that some think we would have won cl if we had another coach. The squad has too many holes in it and that is not Koemans fault.
We need a minimum of three very good players. A cb, b2b midfielder and a striker.
I would get another keeper too because I

am sick of choker Ter Stegen.
I repeat Xavi or Naglesman won't be able to fix this situation. If Koeman is sacked we'll end up with someone like Blanc.

I agree the manager should not be kept or kicked depending on a cup title, nor a league title.
Koeman has shown he is not the man, although he was a good option for this year. Nothing changes based on if he wins or loses tomorrow, and he could theoretically win the league with 68p or lose it with 87p, still.
Decision should be based on style and quality. I hope Laporta sees Koemans style and quality in the same way I do, and that he lets Xavi take over this summer.
I deeply hope that Koeman doesn't get his way with these dutch shitters he wants to bring - but if he doesn't, why is he even there?

Bringing a b2b and getting rid of ter Stegen, what priorities!

snowy

Keep Koko for at least 1 more season. Raid BVB and bring in Moukoko + Sancho + Bellingham

Sign Fofana for CB and beat Chelsea to the punch for Kays Atil-Ruiz. Now that's a souped-up squad :super2:

Win the Treble and bring in Haaland in 2022 EZPZ Lemon Squeezy :pirate:

henias

Dont see why he should stay, he doesnt have a clue to what formation he should be using, doesnt read matches well, has been stuck to that dull midfield with zero creativity with Puig playing 5 mins per match (d?j? vu all over again from EV days), prefers more physicality although he tries too hard to emulate "the barca style". Him looking to bring on Sergi Roberto in times of need just says it all. It doesn't matter if the squad is terrible. I doubt he would even achieve or integrate the team seamlessly even if he had options. He struggles to make things click because he just not tactically nuanced.

See him out regardless, silverware or not.

Project already started. We're playing like in the olden days under guidance of Cruyff's disciple. Good football and plenty of playing time for the kids.

Plenty genuine attacking managers who can rebuild can make that work tbh.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans