Ronald Koeman

Porque

Everything went right today (bar injuries) so not going to draw too many conclusions for 352 as the long term answer. Sevilla seemed flat and may have made us look better than we are.

But it suggest that this type of game is how we best setup against the better teams. More control, more bodies in midfield and pace in defence.

Less individual quality but more cohesive team. Something not seen with the 4231.

Most impressive is that once Pedri went down that Ilaix was the answer. I bet alot of twitter/reddit were moaning for Puig until after 5 minutes it was apparant that Ilaix had slotted in like he started the game.

I don't think its going to work when we are chasing ties though (so CDR and CL return legs are out the question) as we will need to create more goals.

Pedri is also out so the Q now is who replaces him.

vegitot

Johan Cruyff in his first 25 Laliga games: 16 wins, 54 points, 54 goals, 20 goals conceded.
Koeman in his first 25 Laliga games: 16 wins, 53 poinst, 55 goals, 22 goals conceded.

Koeman has a better team though.

serghei

He did well, but let's see the return game in the Copa. Sevilla will go all-in for that one. It's a key game for the season, and our only real chance for a trophy.

Imo, if we somehow win the Copa and show up better vs PSG in the return leg, Koeman did well this season all things considered.

serghei

We'd need to win almost maximum points out of:

Away to Villareal, away to Sociedad, away to Madrid, away to Valencia, home vs Atletico. Not to mention win everything else. And also hope Atletico and Madrid fuck up a couple of times.

I'd say we have about 10% chances. Really slim.

Bobo32

Everything went right today (bar injuries) so not going to draw too many conclusions for 352 as the long term answer. Sevilla seemed flat and may have made us look better than we are.

But it suggest that this type of game is how we best setup against the better teams. More control, more bodies in midfield and pace in defence.

Less individual quality but more cohesive team. Something not seen with the 4231.

Most impressive is that once Pedri went down that Ilaix was the answer. I bet alot of twitter/reddit were moaning for Puig until after 5 minutes it was apparant that Ilaix had slotted in like he started the game.

I don't think its going to work when we are chasing ties though (so CDR and CL return legs are out the question) as we will need to create more goals.

Pedri is also out so the Q now is who replaces him.

Ilaix played very well, but I have no doubts that Puig would've as well.
Strange situation with Puig now, played his first 90 and played well, then two short 10min appearances and two games not used at all. I like Puig and you don't need to point that out with a laughing smiley, but it was/is the same with Trincao, and other players as well.
Obviously, I don't follow the training sessions, but from the outside, these kinds of selections seem very weird.

I am all for a more cohesive team. 3-5-2 is slightly better than 4-2-3-1, but best is 4-3-3, no doubt to me. One positive with 3 at the back is that it's hard to tell Busquets to drop then...
I think the game today could've gone either way, and was won on individual brilliancies. Let's hope they can build on it, but I think it will go as it did the last time they tried 3-5-2 if they think that it's the way going forward.

Porque

Ilaix played very well, but I have no doubts that Puig would've as well.
Strange situation with Puig now, played his first 90 and played well, then two short 10min appearances and two games not used at all. I like Puig and you don't need to point that out with a laughing smiley, but it was/is the same with Trincao, and other players as well.
Obviously, I don't follow the training sessions, but from the outside, these kinds of selections seem very weird.

I am all for a more cohesive team. 3-5-2 is slightly better than 4-2-3-1, but best is 4-3-3, no doubt to me. One positive with 3 at the back is that it's hard to tell Busquets to drop then...
I think the game today could've gone either way, and was won on individual brilliancies. Let's hope they can build on it, but I think it will go as it did the last time they tried 3-5-2 if they think that it's the way going forward.

Agreed. I would of liked to see how Puig performed today, having Dembele playing off of the CB's infront of him. As you say, very weird. Also weird how Ilaix was out of the squad versus Cadiz then first midfield sub away to Sevilla.

I do get the feeling that if Ilaix can consistently put in performances like this then Koeman will prefer him to Puig. Puig has the edge on the ball but Koeman may see Ilaix as a better system player.

Home of Barca Fans