Ronald Koeman

malvolio

It is not just about the covered distance. What matters more is the intensity of running. Teams like City, Chelsea, Liverpool or Bayern look way more active in that regard. If your pressing works better, you are not so prone to counter-attacks and therefore you don't have to track back as much per 90min.

Yeah mate, but that ain't changing for Busquets at his age or for Pique. You can't improve that by putting them on extra training.

The KMs run was just another subject that many 'managers' in here thought we were lacking in.

So better manager and better players. So we run smarter, like in the Pep era, when most of the running was done by the ball.

malvolio

You have to be stupid to think the training is lacking and we need to change the dad bods sytem. That malvolio guy is a clown.

Go check up with Depay and Araujo, the physical beasts. Guess what, they are as bad as the others.

And who the fuck are those players that sport dad bods in our team? Imbecile!

FinBarcelonafan

malvolio are you seriously saying our physical conditioning is fine? Sure if you are stuck in 2010. Other teams improved in this regard, we did not.

malvolio

malvolio are you seriously saying our physical conditioning is fine? Sure if you are stuck in 2010. Other teams improved in this regard, we did not.

other teams don't rely on past it players as core for their teams. other top teams have bought wisely and had managers with a clear vision on what they want for their squads.

you can train 24/7 all you like, but it won't change the fact that busquets is 33 and shouldn't play week in week out.

what i'm trying to say is that it's not about training more, but training smarter. we had griezmann who was in tip top shape physically, do you think more training would have made a difference?

depay, he is a beast. can easily go to bayern and post shirtless on instagram. do you think he needs to do more fitness training? no, but i believe a guy like pep would be able to better use him and focus his training on other areas that could improve his game.

we had tanks like firpo and emerson, what good did it do for them?

i'm not saying that we should get players like garcia and all will be good. the guy could bulk up all he wants, won't change the way his body is built.

dani alves was a midget, that didn't have muscles. but he had immense stamina, natural fitness.

so again, let's get a competent manager and some good players in first. and then we focus on posting shirtless on instagram.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

other teams don't rely on past it players as core for their teams. other top teams have bought wisely and had managers with a clear vision on what they want for their squads.

you can train 24/7 all you like, but it won't change the fact that busquets is 33 and shouldn't play week in week out.

what i'm trying to say is that it's not about training more, but training smarter. we had griezmann who was in tip top shape physically, do you think more training would have made a difference?

depay, he is a beast. can easily go to bayern and post shirtless on instagram. do you think he needs to do more fitness training? no, but i believe a guy like pep would be able to better use him and focus his training on other areas that could improve his game.

we had tanks like firpo and emerson, what good did it do for them?

i'm not saying that we should get players like garcia and all will be good. the guy could bulk up all he wants, won't change the way his body is built.

dani alves was a midget, that didn't have muscles. but he had immense stamina, natural fitness.

so again, let's get a competent manager and some good players in first. and then we focus on posting shirtless on instagram.

Depay should probably lose a bit of muscle and gain quickness. It would help him more.

Not every player needs to be strong etc. Different player types should be for a different position.

Right now we lack any balls in midfielder for example. Busi, DeJong, Pedri, way too easy midfield to play against. They barely ever make a slide tackle or play PHYSICAL. Pussy midfield really. Too weak.

This team needs guys who are hungry and let's say true bitches, like Casemiro/Ramos.

Personally, I see only Mingueza/Araujo having this type of mentality.

Teams used to be afraid to play Barcelona or play at Camp Nou. Now it's like a Sunday walk at the park. Fucking easy. We need to get the scare factor back somehow.

If we don't have the skills to make them afraid, at least we should have the intensity that they will be scared of. Speed/quickness to kill opponent basically. Spain it should be fairly easy IMO.

Barca used to have stamina/quickness/skill on their side. Now we have nothing basically were we are "superior".

Last edited:

malvolio

Depay should probably lose a bit of muscle and gain quickness. It would help him more.

there you go. a smarter approach than just coming in here and saying "oh we aren't training enough, other teams are better physically".

i'm sure the players put in the hours and are not slacking off. but some are too old, some are not good enough and all of them lack the guidance of a manager that knows what he wants from his players.

and i'm all for bringing in players with better physicality. but that should be done following a project, a plan.

FinBarcelonafan

there you go. a smarter approach than just coming in here and saying "oh we aren't training enough, other teams are better physically".

i'm sure the players put in the hours and are not slacking off. but some are too old, some are not good enough and all of them lack the guidance of a manager that knows what he wants from his players.

and i'm all for bringing in players with better physicality. but that should be done following a project, a plan.

Yeah, Busi/Pique are lost cases. We can't change them anymore. We just need to make sure we develop Fati and other young guys with modern techniques, not the ones we used in the past, because they are obviously not working anymore. That means more training focused on physical training, not just kicking the ball around. Other teams have a MASSIVE edge in INTENSITY right now! English teams run us over in a match. We can't handle the intensity, that's the biggest issue. We are used to GRANNY FOOTBALL.

We need to move on to 2021 with our training.

khaled_a_d

Laporta has found out that the team trains approximately four hours less every week than other European top clubs. He's very upset about this, and has now created the position of a Director of High Performance, who should solve this. [cope]

Now that is someone speaking sense, 4 hours weekly difference is realistic and actually significant.
Polo was talking nonsense with the other tweet, or it is mistranslated [MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION]

FinBarcelonafan

4 hours? Wow, but none of these things surprise me.. Remember Pique's comments about not training when it's raining? This team had it way TOO GOOD for YEARS.

Barcelona, high wage and ZERO WORK. No wonder players decline here like crazy and no system is built. There's no freaking time! it's just fucking paid holiday.

malvolio

Yeah, Busi/Pique are lost cases. We can't change them anymore. We just need to make sure we develop Fati and other young guys with modern techniques, not the ones we used in the past, because they are obviously not working anymore.

busi, pique, alba and roberto can't do much more at this stage. they won't turn into goretzka. and i don't think they are out of shape or something. that's just their body type.

we're talking here as if at barca they're training like in the 80s and all others are in 2021. do you think at city they have this otherworldly fitness training sessions? where did garcia come from?

what they do have is a manager that can guide players into being better, at any age. and i'm not talking just about the fitness part.

malvolio

4 hours? Wow, but none of these things surprise me.. Remember Pique's comments about not training when it's raining? This team had it way TOO GOOD for YEARS.

Barcelona, high wage and ZERO WORK. No wonder players decline here like crazy and no system is built. There's no freaking time! it's just fucking paid holiday.

https://youtu.be/fcCVsy0s4Ik

You can see most of the top teams training, on their YouTube channels and private platforms(via subscription).

So that we don't have to rely on folclore and so called articles.

clemente

So this club will keep going downhill until December 5th, I think we will be somewhere ~8th in La Liga and 100% in EL, gonna have to go through a lot of shit of people making fun of this club but I think in 3 years we might be a top 10 club again.

El Gato

Villarato!
I mean it's close enough :p Has there been any info that the salary cap applies to staff? I think that's kind of weird tbh. But I imagine we have the money to sack Koeman, otherwise there shouldn't even be rumours to begin with or things will get really weird :lol:

Salary cap is dictated by all sporting staff, coach, assistants, players, fitness team, Barca B and the academy, isn't it?

You may have the money after freeing up both highest earner salaries, but it's far from a necessary or planned expenditure.

khaled_a_d

Salary cap is dictated by all sporting staff, coach, assistants, players, fitness team, Barca B and the academy, isn't it?

You may have the money after freeing up both highest earner salaries, but it's far from a necessary or planned expenditure.

No, la liga has no power over those. That is why we signed player like Demir as Barca B (initially) in order to register him without needing Liga consent

Home of Barca Fans