Ronald Koeman

MTL_Barca

Koeman: "I see Bar?a in the round of 16. If we win two games against Kyiv and Bayern show their superiority against Benfica, we will have six points and they four, and we will depend on ourselves. I think it is not that complicated."

Brave of him to just assume he can beat Kyiv twice :lol:

Klysmakabouter

Switching from Koeman to Martinez, Pirlo or Xavi is fixing one problem with another.
Xavi?s top experience is coaching at Qatar level, which is basically semi-pro, Pirlo failed at every aspect of at Juve and Martinez had Belgium?s best generation ever and actually accomplished to make them look bad and underperformed.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Switching from Koeman to Martinez, Pirlo or Xavi is fixing one problem with another.
Xavi?s top experience is coaching at Qatar level, which is basically semi-pro, Pirlo failed at every aspect of at Juve and Martinez had Belgium?s best generation ever and actually accomplished to make them look bad and underperformed.

Xavi will come sooner or later, I think Laporta realize that he has nothing to lose now and take the risk, but we might still have to wait until the end of the season since the whole money situation.

Messigician

Entitled fans deserve this manager for how they treated Valverde

Upon reading all the shit that was said I've accepted this fan base gets what it deserves

I'm going for a break for a while until new manager is in.

Interlop

We need a some wingers in this team, someone like Darwin last night. If you look at all big teams they all have someone who can punish you with pace and receive the balls in behind defense. We don't have these players. Last night, against Benfica, they defended with a high line, none of our attackers were quicker than their defenders, so when the through ball came (for Depay or Roberto) the defenders just regrouped. We are very one dimensional team, we cannot counter, we just build up from the back and lately we whip in bad crosses that never find anyone.
So, I don't think Xavi or Pirlo or Martinez can do something exceptional with this team. For 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 you need pacy wingers like we had: Pedro, Henry, Neymar or nowadays: Gnabry, Coman, Mane. You're not gonna have any results playing slow ass players like Gavi, Roberto, Depay on the outside and play (or don't) through balls to them. The only player with pace that we have is Dembele witch is injured all the time (and is dumb). So, lately, I kind of sympathize with Koeman, unfortunately he doesn't have the players to be at the top, he doesn't have the players needed to make a functioning system.

mc_lovin

Xavi will come sooner or later, I think Laporta realize that he has nothing to lose now and take the risk, but we might still have to wait until the end of the season since the whole money situation.

If we have to pay Koeman 12ME now or 6ME+salary until the end of the season shouldn't make a difference. And rumours were that we have the money to sack him after the Griezmann deal, but who knows.

I guess the only question is whether he's gone before or after Atletico. I can't see him surviving this (unless we truly don't have the money, which would be comical).

Porque

If a club cant sack a manager because of the league imposed salary cap, then it is time to review the salary cap.

gasgas

Koeman: "I see Bar?a in the round of 16. If we win two games against Kyiv and Bayern show their superiority against Benfica, we will have six points and they four, and we will depend on ourselves. I think it is not that complicated."

Lad thinks we are better and going to beat Bayern away...

Lol.

Dynamo kiev will fold us

Wambo

Anyone else bothered how he always blames the team and says things like "But what can you do with a squad like this?".

How come clubs like Young Boys who won against MU, Club Burgge who drew against PSG and Sheriff who beat Real don't have the problem of "having a shitty squad"? Have you ever heard the coach of Sheriff saying "But what can we do, we are just a poor ass club from Moldova?"

Guy has absolutely zero clue about football and coaching.

FinBarcelonafan

If a club cant sack a manager because of the league imposed salary cap, then it is time to review the salary cap.

Exactly. If this is the case it's truly messed up.

Laporta needs to start consider move to farmers league (France).

LaLiga wants to bankrupt Barca.

FinBarcelonafan

Anyone else bothered how he always blames the team and says things like "But what can you do with a squad like this?".

How come clubs like Young Boys who won against MU, Club Burgge who drew against PSG and Sheriff who beat Real don't have the problem of "having a shitty squad"? Have you ever heard the coach of Sheriff saying "But what can we do, we are just a poor ass club from Moldova?"

Guy has absolutely zero clue about football and coaching.

Exactly. He still has better squad than most of the teams yet he bitches all the time. Do your best with what you got, that's coaches job..

Home of Barca Fans